What's new

ACT [八角家] ハチナ怪異譚 (RJ431925)

IAmAKi

Reputation score
Would be nice if more devs would follow cherry pie and quail's examples with English translations. They're overnight successes because of that inclusion.

Noble 6

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Hmmm... "Event Only"....
Why.... Why it's just EVENT ONLY?!?!?
The sad reality is that "it takes quite a lot of effort for a non-3D game to implement costume swaps."
Imagine just having to animate that hood/cape for every single movement and attack animation. Then each and every sex position.
Even we got rid of that cape and hood, they would have to go back and re-rig/animate every animation in the game for a third time. I'd like it as a post-launch update, but if they try to put it in 1.00, it would delay the release a bit, and that wouldn't be worth it.

Hopefully it gets a standing portrait in conversations, though. I don't know if it was ever confirmed if the first youkai suit shows up in cutscenes.

cell943

Reputation score
The sad reality is that "it takes quite a lot of effort for a non-3D game to implement costume swaps."
Imagine just having to animate that hood/cape for every single movement and attack animation. Then each and every sex position.
Even we got rid of that cape and hood, they would have to go back and re-rig/animate every animation in the game for a third time. I'd like it as a post-launch update, but if they try to put it in 1.00, it would delay the release a bit, and that wouldn't be worth it.

Hopefully it gets a standing portrait in conversations, though. I don't know if it was ever confirmed if the first youkai suit shows up in cutscenes.

There are animation methods which use similar bone weighting techniques in 2d, which enables similar swapping of outfit layers as in 3d games. I thought that's what Mizuku was using but perhaps not.
Granted, I have yet to see anyone using those techniques emulate the visual quality of other methods.

Noble 6

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
There are animation methods which use similar bone weighting techniques in 2d, which enables similar swapping of outfit layers as in 3d games. I thought that's what Mizuku was using but perhaps not.
Granted, I have yet to see anyone using those techniques emulate the visual quality of other methods.
Yes, like Spine, which has been used in a few ACT games.
The issue is that, while the animation is all premade and ready to be rigged, they then have to redraw the outfit chunks for every angle of every animation. It's not like a 3D model, where you can just make the model once and then glue it to everything. Every time Hachina is slightly more tilted than another animation, they have to redraw everything, it just means they don't have to re-animate it (unless they add new chunks, like the cape).

This is why it's rare for 2D games to have costume swaps, but 3D games have it all the time.

Rat-attack

Sex Demon
Reputation score
Damn, I wish she'd shown the face as well.
If I had to guess it's one you can imagine or discover your self as she's uncomfortable and embarrassed by it via the blush on her face and holding herself, at least in my opinion. If she wasn't holding herself or seemed to be figdeting then I would saw lewd, horney.

PS dang it that it's event only....guess I'mma use a save there to replay it whenever I meet it, I do hope that they add it in as a usable costume post launch (I do also hope for every game to have at the end of it an arena mode to fight every enemy and survive as long as you can kinda like Mermadian's interrogation mini-game) as sadly there's too many games that don't make see-once-a-playthrough content replayable in some form or another after completing the game.

Last edited:
OP
blueinorb9

blueinorb9

Reputation score
I found this (SFW) Hachina fanart on Pixiv.

107055872_p0.jpg

Last edited:

Noble 6

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

1682778789540.png

So you got your monthly update.
Basically, everything is done except for the final area, which has unique mob enemies and a bossfight to make.

All of the stuff they've previewed on twitter got re-covered, such as
-the fox-woman's defeat event
-GUI stuff
-the enemy encyclopedia
-items
-the offering status buff
-event hints
-a mostly-full official shot of the bad end suit

The encyclopedia was also elaborated, and apparently has text that changes based on how far-gone Hachina is.
Looks good to me.