What's new

ACT [八角家] ハチナ怪異譚 (RJ431925)

SoulLess Child

Reputation score
Man I wish more and more for DLsite to only require censorship if it's being sold in countries requiring it so that two versions can be made and censorship doesn't hold up the game's release
and how the fuck would they enforce that?

Rat-attack

Sex Demon
Reputation score
@SoulLess Child why are you asking me? I just said I wish for it; I've not thought it through other than just wishing about it and why would I since I'm not a DLsite employee? Of the top of my head how they could enforce it/do it (based of what I barely know about them) is just in such a way to appease the countries wanting the censorship by having them sell the censored and uncensored versions based off the user accounts language/given location.

If you want to talk about this send me a DM/PM/conversation but let not talk about this here though I don't have anymore to say.

Hazunya

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Might be a slight delay on the game's release (Cursed November, suffering October), Mizuku is currently recruiting paid debugger on their blog, requirement is...
NATIVE JAPANESE SPEAKER. I guess we'll have to die
the debug seems to last from 9/27 to 10/4, so we should expect release around early October.

SoulLess Child

Reputation score
@SoulLess Child why are you asking me? I just said I wish for it; I've not thought it through other than just wishing about it and why would I since I'm not a DLsite employee? Of the top of my head how they could enforce it/do it (based of what I barely know about them) is just in such a way to appease the countries wanting the censorship by having them sell the censored and uncensored versions based off the user accounts language/given location.
Point being that if they could enforce it, they would probably have done so already.

/thread derailment.
Sorry.

WaffleDance

Reputation score
Might be a slight delay on the game's release (Cursed November, suffering October), Mizuku is currently recruiting paid debugger on their blog, requirement is...
NATIVE JAPANESE SPEAKER. I guess we'll have to die
the debug seems to last from 9/27 to 10/4, so we should expect release around early October.
Ahh guess that's what I get for getting my hopes up for an early release. Well hopefully it's bug free when it does actually release.

My Japanese is nowhere near native level so I guess I can't help with the debugging.

Rat-attack

Sex Demon
Reputation score
Actually they already filled up with all the bug testers within an hour of asking for them.
From what I can tell of their they are having their newly acquired testers to and submit bugs and such on discord.

So the actual release date unless they typed 2 instead of 1 in their blog-post (or translate is messing up weeks for days, doubt) is more likely to be 11th unless they are planning to release and use them to test/verify reported bugs submitted after DLsite release. That's my best guess.

The native Japanese speaker bit is just so they don't have to worry about communication as they aren't wanting people to talk just send text docs with the bugs and such. So you could have actually snuck in if you feel confident in your Japanese or at least attempt to.

That's my understanding/interpretation of it all.

OP
blueinorb9

blueinorb9

Reputation score
Continued debugging (almost there).

Expect another update on October 4th.

shinchoku20230928.png

Rat-attack

Sex Demon
Reputation score
that they aren't aiming for release on the 4th anymore just more of hoping to be done debugging and implementation of the translations (English and Chinese I believe) in the case that DLsite has given the green light they could release it.

Fenril

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Yeah, I was being facetious, but the guy really does love his rocks. I might even have learned a few things. I can't put a finger on what it was that led to me never playing through the entire game, even though the art was really good. I think it was just the overall pacing being very drawn out, especially with regard to time played : new enemies/scenes
Admittedly, Chapter 4 is where the best stuff is at, and Chapters 1-3 simply get in the way of that. I'd honestly say to just get a save editor and give yourself a ton of EXP and money so you can blast through those chapters and get to the lab, where all the DOS robots are at. Chapter 5's also got some descent enemies and the gimpsuit, Chapter 6 is kinda mixed on content but does have the futa stuff, and Chapter 7 is just bland tentacle content.

I rather liked Undercrust enough to attempt to learn how to mod the game, and managed to do a lot of editing on the DOS robots themselves. I managed to remove the hologram parts plus manage to layer even more stuff on some of the sprites.

One of the biggest shames of the entire game, though, is most (if not all) of the status effects are limited to the chapters they're in. Like, there's an item to put the gimp suit on yourself or give you the futa status, but they don't work with enemies from other chapters.

Last edited:
OP
blueinorb9

blueinorb9

Reputation score
New preview images released with the cien blog's update today. Team hopes to finish debugging around Oct 4th and apply for sales as soon as they're ready.

image-800 (3).jpg image-800 (4).jpg image-800 (5).jpg image-800 (6).jpg

New preview images released with the cien blog's update today. Team hopes to finish debugging around Oct 4th and apply for sales as soon as they're ready.

image-800 (3).jpg image-800 (4).jpg image-800 (5).jpg image-800 (6).jpg
New stuffs that I can tell so far:
- Pink web restraint (in-game status effect)
- Green tentacle rubbing Hachina (cutscene)
- Male human molesting Hachina (cutscene)

Last edited by a moderator:

Madly

Reputation score
More teasing and closer the release day.
Yet I am annoyed af because I can't access Ci-en nor Dlsite without VPN because my country Gov block them for "moral reason"
Well at least I can use VPN. Excite for Release.

Shingle

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
More teasing and closer the release day.
Yet I am annoyed af because I can't access Ci-en nor Dlsite without VPN because my country Gov block them for "moral reason"
Well at least I can use VPN. Excite for Release.
penetrating the censorship and getting that coom, i respect it

IAmAKi

Reputation score
Speaking of censorship... I hope DLsite doesn't overcensor this. Those fuckers have even been forcing censorship on lower detail pixel art so I worry about the visibility of more detailed stuff.

Rat-attack

Sex Demon
Reputation score
@IAmAKi If they do I hope that they don't demand hardbaked censorship like they did with azcat's Ecchi & Craft or made so annoyingly hard to remove that people gave up.....I hope though that if they do then the team release a little patch that enables you to uncensor it. I hope that due to Hachina's demo not showing too much genitals like Mission Mermaiden that they go meh and accept what was already there.

Azrail26232

Demon Girl
Reputation score
An interesting comment in the end of month article on the blog. They note that unlike mission mermaiden, in Hachina escaping from grabs becomes significantly more difficult as the level of development (guessing they're talking about h-stats here) increases. Good to see that they're improving on the gameplay formula rather than sticking with what they had in their last game.

Noble 6

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
An interesting comment in the end of month article on the blog. They note that unlike mission mermaiden, in Hachina escaping from grabs becomes significantly more difficult as the level of development (guessing they're talking about h-stats here) increases. Good to see that they're improving on the gameplay formula rather than sticking with what they had in their last game.
Quite a bit has changed, going by the trial from a year ago.

You can't spam batteries to nonstop transform, so healing is rarer.
The ultimate attack is based on your combo, rather than just dumping a meter.
Fixing status effects doesn't just use a cleanser or transforming now. You need to make a specific cure.
Transformations also cleansed you, so without them now, you will keep statuses for much longer.
The enemies also now take multiple hits, as opposed to how most died in one last game.

I like it. I'm curious how the next Hachina game will handle these.

Rat-attack

Sex Demon
Reputation score
I am hoping that for the next game they might.....look into something like Handy integration or buttplug support maybe. As depending on how this turns out I feel like they have everything pretty well done unless they are going from 2D to 3D. So they could open up the field slightly in well letting people play and have fun instead of having to sometimes remove a hand from the controls once in a while.

SoulLess Child

Reputation score
Speaking of censorship... I hope DLsite doesn't overcensor this. Those fuckers have even been forcing censorship on lower detail pixel art so I worry about the visibility of more detailed stuff.
DLSite also knows that most devs don't have much alternatives.

Noby

Reputation score
I am hoping that for the next game they might.....look into something like Handy integration or buttplug support maybe. As depending on how this turns out I feel like they have everything pretty well done unless they are going from 2D to 3D. So they could open up the field slightly in well letting people play and have fun instead of having to sometimes remove a hand from the controls once in a while.
I just remapped my keyboard so I can play the games all with one hand. It's not perfect, but it works well enough.

Rat-attack

Sex Demon
Reputation score
Oooo interesting @Noby Any chance you can easily share the remap so we can attempt to copy it if not maybe make it better?