What's new

ACT [八角家] ハチナ怪異譚 (RJ431925)

Noby

Reputation score
Oooo interesting @Noby Any chance you can easily share the remap so we can attempt to copy it if not maybe make it better?
Well, typically these games use the arrow keys and ZXC primarily.

I remap WASD to be the arrow keys while keeping ZXC the same. Anything that was previously mapped to WASD can be shifted to QE and RFV.

I haven't come across many games that had more than that actively used, so it's functional enough, and I can manage to play most games well enough with just my left hand at that point. I wouldn't be able to play a "real" videogame like that, but these are generally not so gameplay intensive that I can't get through it.

Rat-attack

Sex Demon
Reputation score
@Noby Hm nice though I'm surprised a bit that you've found V possible to use as for me that drags my fingers around slightly. Do you have anything bound to spacebar or shift and ctrl? As they are much more usable I found in games like Arma as it requires your pinky so you can still use WASD at the same time roughly. (and you get to train your pinky to reach very slightly)

Noby

Reputation score
V is pretty much the emergency "this game has way too many buttons and I have no other options" button.

I generally don't bother with shift, ctrl, or spacebar, since shift and spacebar tend to already be used by some games, usually as sprint and jump respectively. I try to stick with my one configuration that works with as many games as possible.

Not ideal, but it beats having to set things up again for every new game.

Liittlefoott

Reputation score
Was hoping for some kind of update today but nothing on cien, has anybody seen anything? Can't look at twitter anymore without an account for some reason

IAmAKi

Reputation score
I think they'll probably drop news at the end of the day for Japan. I got a feeling they're doing some last minute work before wrapping everything up.

IAmAKi

Reputation score
Holy crap, end of an era coming up. Not the game I was waiting to play but it'll distract me from that for a while at least.

Karls30730

Reputation score
2021/01-2023/10
I can tell it will be another Great Game.
Waku Waku

rick12

Lurker
Reputation score
Damn, his games are great, but they realy shine with proper text translation. I dunno, maybe i put it on the shelf, and come back when someone make a proper translation.

Hazunya

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Damn, his games are great, but they realy shine with proper text translation. I dunno, maybe i put it on the shelf, and come back when someone make a proper translation.
Don't the game release with translation? that's the premise for the whole delay right?

Rat-attack

Sex Demon
Reputation score
@Hazunya I believe that they were implementing the translation to the last point they were also still bugfixing and awaiting DLsite approval so translation hasn't held up the release in my mind nor did bugfixing that much since while they did have to recruit testers last minute they were still waiting on DLsite I believe.

@rick12 so you will have your "proper" translation depending upon if DLsite or whomever translated just did MTL or someone who went through it all manually. Though I wonder how difficult it would be to correct the translation?

Noble 6

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Don't the game release with translation? that's the premise for the whole delay right?
No, the delay was for bugtesting. The devs just implemented the translations during that time.

Sadly, we haven't seen the translation at all, and so have no clue if it's good or not.
If it's an "official DLsite translation," it might be downright unplayable. MTLs are rarely ever good.
There being multiple TLs (English, Chinese, and I think Korean) so quickly leads me to believe it's MTL.

IAmAKi

Reputation score
No worries if the translation is shit, this is one of the few games that works properly with reipatcher's translation. Just use that instead.

Noble 6

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
No worries if the translation is shit, this is one of the few games that works properly with reipatcher's translation. Just use that instead.
They'd both be MTLs. Their quality would be about the same. It wouldn't solve much.