What's new

ACT [八角家] ハチナ怪異譚 (RJ431925)

Madly

Reputation score
After finishing the game...
I am overall satisfied but... at same times feel like many part were still unfinished, like some feature feel having too little developed like Equipment, buying items, or some status like the collar one. And for now unlike previous game, Mission Mermaiden, after you finished a boss, even tho you could come back to fight them later, it's impossible to get special gameover unless you save before*, or view via mainmenu.
Still many that's already exist are good, and the part 3 with the hypnosis is superb
Overall good quality but still too short at same time.
And to quote the man
Sseth: "...Which bring me to my main critique: There's not enough, and I want more. It's like a slice of cake that I want but I can't have. B-"
EDIT: *Ok seem like it's only for Fox Boss fight's Special game over that can't be replay, but for other like Mushroom, and Strange Robe can be replay.

Last edited:

ChupacabraGonzales

Reputation score
I am overall satisfied but... at same times feel like many part were still unfinished, like some feature feel having too little developed like Equipment, buying items, or some status like the collar one. And for now unlike previous game, Mission Mermaiden, after you finished a boss, even tho you could come back to fight them later, it's impossible to get special gameover unless you save before, or view via mainmenu.
Still many that's already exist are good, and the part 3 with the hypnosis is superb
Overall good quality but still too short at same time. And I want more.
Are you sure about the special game over bit?

I loaded the game complete save file that was shared here. Went to the silver mine, I don't actually remember if it had the thing to redo boss fight or not, just looked like the area was cleared as I could walk to the next room past the boss room.
Went back into the mine, got a sorcerer to equip the strange robes on me and went back to boss room, automatically triggered the cutscene.
After that I remember going back in again and fighting the boss.

I do agree that some features feel a bit like a downgrade from Mission Mermaiden. I don't understand the need for censorship with the black undershirt and I think MM's transformation mechanic allowed for exploration of some interesting fetishes with the collar and that alternative outfit that you'd get stuck in.
I do find the map navigation more interesting in this game and some of the survival mechanics, collecting and crafting. But I find the main character less attractive than white hair transformed Hasumi.

Nya_123

Reputation score
Do not ask for a game for ANY reason. Asking for or alluding to links to game downloads is prohibited. Permanent ban.
Mega ._.

a-san

Reputation score
i wonder if this game a have hidden boss just like the previous game
when u do the hardest difficulty content

Rat-attack

Sex Demon
Reputation score
@a-san That hidden boss actually appeared only if you collected all the data collectables which you were only told about how many were left in a stage to get but nothing more than that, I had to use full saves as I just could not find them and no one made anything other than an text guide that failed to get me to them. (also used cheat engine to get the data I needed for MCSwagger's mod since I could get enough to find the address)

I am overall satisfied but... at same times feel like many part were still unfinished, like some feature feel having too little developed like Equipment, buying items, or some status like the collar one. And for now unlike previous game, Mission Mermaiden, after you finished a boss, even tho you could come back to fight them later, it's impossible to get special gameover unless you save before*, or view via mainmenu.
Overall good quality but still too short at same time.
And to quote the man

EDIT: *Ok seem like it's only for Fox Boss fight's Special game over that can't be replay, but for other like Mushroom, and Strange Robe can be replay.
Are you sure about the special game over bit?

I loaded the game complete save file that was shared here. Went to the silver mine, I don't actually remember if it had the thing to redo boss fight or not, just looked like the area was cleared as I could walk to the next room past the boss room.
Went back into the mine, got a sorcerer to equip the strange robes on me and went back to boss room, automatically triggered the cutscene.
After that I remember going back in again and fighting the boss.

I do agree that some features feel a bit like a downgrade from Mission Mermaiden. I don't understand the need for censorship with the black undershirt and I think MM's transformation mechanic allowed for exploration of some interesting fetishes with the collar and that alternative outfit that you'd get stuck in.
I do find the map navigation more interesting in this game and some of the survival mechanics, collecting and crafting. But I find the main character less attractive than white hair transformed Hasumi.
Yeah I wonder if the temple's redo fight is glitched in not checking correctly to see if you fit it's bad ending though honestly.....I hate the automatic bad endings in both games except for one instance where it became a mini-game to resist which was sorely missed out on being done. Although they incorporated an escape sequence into the game though I haven't found any way to repeat it or anything.

Though as you both said things appear under-developed but are they really though? What's the purpose of those sections and did you use them at points in the game? Were they a hassle to use? Was this not the case with Mission Mermaiden?
I hope through those questions it becomes slightly clear that (in my view) the Dev team is still experimenting and trying out mechanics and such each game all the while are attempting to not allowing feature creep to take over and result in over developing the game and making it watered down while costing a lot of extra development time while also additionally trying to put out the bug free game. (which was mostly well done in my mind since when I did encounter bugs they were mostly visual and only one was soft-locking but at a boss fight where you should have saved)
Additionally as I said with one of the questions Mission Mermaiden if I just pushed to complete it I could complete faster than this game and had also under-developed mechanics and such with also poor balancing for the two limited items. Those mechanics in Mission Mermaiden I find were moved over to Hachina too and were attempted to be refined/developed/experimented slightly further which I feel is a great thing and alongside making me suspect that until they find something that the Dev team feels hits just right and barely needs anymore refinement/experimentation they'll then look at putting out an much longer game.
I didn't mean to ramble on but I did....oosp, hope I haven't come across as bashing you both, if I have then apologize. Anyway here's one last thing: there is no giant who doesn't start small and grow big without mistakes and experiments.

onesome

Reputation score
Any feedback regarding the english translation? I heard its supposed to be mtl

MisaShot

Reputation score
Any feedback regarding the english translation? I heard its supposed to be mtl
I think it's quite good. Some things like status effects and techniques aren't translated though.

Does someone know how to get the bug jar and all the equipments?

Sitas

Reputation score
Iirc there's also an item to reset development, unless I'm remembering it wrong.
Yes, it's called "Cassia Bark" but how can I use it? For some reason Hachina won't take it.

It even has the red "Lowers development levels." description. I even registered it and pressed shift to take it but still nothing...

jumjummju

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Solid game, biggest dissapointment was that the h animation for the final boss was just generic goop instead of selfcest tho. Also still unsure how to proc fox lady's second grab. Alas. Nitpick aside, fun game, good animations, story surprised me at points.

MisaShot

Reputation score
Also still unsure how to proc fox lady's second grab.
Do you mean the one with the two foxes? She has an attack where she throws talismans onto you, just get hit by a lot of them. I think she usually does that when her health bar is red.

UnknownReaper

Reputation score
Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this but I get to golden temple and it has the exclamation point to go inside, but when I go inside there's nothing there, I tried going in with and without the night vision bell but nothing is in that room. Is Kuyou supposed to be in the golden temple?

Kamiko

Lurker
Reputation score
Anyone else have untranslated states? Have no idea what the effects are atm.
I took a look in the game, and it turns out all the states are translated, it's just a bug in the code that it's not using them.

It's surprisingly easy to fix, but you can just read it instead. Here's the official translations for all the states straight from the game itself:
Code:
                    case Orgasm:
                        return "The state of having succumbed to an enemy's sexual advances.\r\n\r\nWears off in time";
                    case Nose Bug:
                        return "Alters the smell of the person it attaches to, making them extremely sensitive to smells that weren't noticeable.\r\n\r\nMany smells within the stage will have an enhanced effect.\r\nYou can tell apart many smells that you wouldn't notice before.";
                    case Voice Bug:
                        return "A bug that makes its host speak regardless of their intent.\r\n\r\nIt may cause Hachina to obey when captured by the enemy regardless of her will.";
                    case Oni Mother Bug:
                        return "Transforms the host's body, making it suitable for child rearing and awakening subconscious maternal instincts.\r\n\r\nBreast milk will leak from the nipples when stimulated.";
                    case Hypnosis:
                        return "The state of being under a youkai's influence.\r\n\r\nResisting becomes impossible, and it can be shaken off with willpower.";
                    case Binding:
                        return "Both hands are tied and rope digs in to her entire body, causing sweet sensation every time she struggles.\r\n\r\nUnable to attack\r\nMovement speed decreased\r\nCan be removed by asking a certain person to do it.";
                    case Magic leak:
                        return "When the urethra is stimulated, urine infused with MP will flow out.\r\n\r\nIf a sexual attack on the urethra causes an orgasm all MP will be lost.";
                    case Collar of Wavering:
                        return "A collar with a bell that makes a strange noise has been fitted to her neck.\r\n\r\nShe becomes unable to resist the one who controls the bell.";
                    case Larval Mizuchi:
                        return "Bug larva is residing within her womb.\r\n\r\nSlight movement can be felt, it could be dangerous if ignored.";
                    case Parasitic Mizuchi:
                        return "A parasite that lingers in the host's womb, feeding off of bodily fluids.\r\n\r\nIt acts up when the host moves, and tries to prevent her from running.";
                    case Strange Robe:
                        return "Clothing used by youkai to aid in making humans submit.\r\n\r\nPurple Lightning becomes unusable.";

Last edited:

cybeast

Lurker
Reputation score
Yes, it's called "Cassia Bark" but how can I use it? For some reason Hachina won't take it.

It even has the red "Lowers development levels." description. I even registered it and pressed shift to take it but still nothing...
Maybe your development level is at zero?

Draconix

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Man of course I get thread updates throughout the whole development process but once the game is about to release I stopped getting updates and forgot about it even though the thread is still on watched 😭

That being said, very excited for this

Boxtie

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
The "bound" status isn't what I hoped for.
I was thinking it was "unscripted" and it can happen with different enemies but I guess having to walk back to the nearest village all the time might be annoying. I thought I could at least have some "struggle" animation if I tap on the attack button. Also, the walking is kinda slow, so I jumped all the way back.

Rat-attack

Sex Demon
Reputation score
You aren't the only one @Boxtie I like how it looks and it had as a result different H animations but it was a tiny gimmick, I honestly had hoped that it was possible to get it again via the tying up bug enemy (Kagoname) or by the underground enemy (Akekazura) which I have only found appeared at first area before you beat the nest so I am sad that there was not more of that enemy around (like could have done so at the lake?). So yeah I've found a few bit disappointing with how they still have only used an enemy/effect once. (Rip futa mushroom for only an ending)
I feel that the slow down from the binding didn't make sense in my view and they could have just removed that while making the escape route bigger by some hypno traps and it's possible to remove if you do something like finding your weapon that was chucked off too the side. (similar to how the flying fly bugs do with your clothing that are called Suitsukibane)

Luckcrazy

Lurker
Reputation score
Any way to up the resolution? The game feels a bit stretched if you play it on fullscreen on a 4k monitor.