What's new

Heroine Concept For A New Project

Giron

Lurker
Reputation score
Here's a concept for the heroine I'm going to use in a new project I've started working on. It's an older idea that was batted around before for a simple, classical style RoR game.

gaofnaaco.jpg

The idea is that in order to earn her wings a young angel warrior is dispatched to the gates of hell, carrying an important message for her sisters fighting hard against the forces of darkness. Without wings, she's required to take the long way, flying from the gates of heaven down in to the bowels of the earth, evading capture by cruel, sadistic, enemies of sundry types. Beyond that there isn't much in stone except that's it's intended to be a side-scrolling game, DG style but with more enemies, and free movement instead of only three levels of movement. No ideas yet for enemies or levels. The game engine is coming along nicely, and if this pic meets with general approval the heroine should be ready to be added.

Re: Heroine Concept For A New Project

Yes, I approve most definitely. Good luck!

An approval? Excellent! On to the coding!

3D, huh? Pretty ambitious.

Good luck.

2D with 3D rendered sprites. I don't think 3D lends itself very well to erotic games.

FINALLY.

<3

Anyways.
Yay! Good to see you're getting back to it.

I love your new avatar, I'm high fiving it like crazy. I fully support this idea with a million thumbs up.

How can you lose with Chuck Norris on your side? Good luck, I hope this goes well!

Sounds really promising. Good luck with it! :)

I approve wholeheartedly! Props bro.

Thanks for the support guys.

Quick question, what screen resolution is everyone running? I want to do a game in something considerably bigger than the usual 640x480 or 800x600, but I'm not sure how big is too big. Case in point I would love to do one in 1280x1024 but I don't know if that's a universal enough size.

I'm actually running that same resolution right now. But like you said, a good sum of people would not likely be running a resolution that big.

Then again, I might be totally surprised to see your survey turn up with everyone running just that, or higher.

I have old 1024x768 monitor. Also, I think a lot of people like to run on window instead of fullscreen.

I spend most of my computer time on my 16/10 15' laptop, so my max res is 1200*800.

Screen resolution is 1920x1080, but I typically try to run games at around 1024x768 - 1280x960 and in windowed mode.

Already a lot of variety. Might be time to look in to multiple resolution options.

I run 1280x1024 on pretty much all apps that will allow it so would of course love it if your game was running it that high. Still I think quite a few more run things in 1920*1080 these days.

I'm not sure how many of you know how to work Subversion, but I created a Google Code section for the game so that I could share progress in real time. It has public checkout activated, which means anyone can download the freshest updates that I've completed as soon as I upload them.

Right now there isn't much, I'm still building the framework. Everything is in Python as well, so unless you download Python 2.6 and Pygame for Python 2.6 you won't be able to do anything with the files yet.

The checkout link is

To download one of the better options is TortoiseSVN here:

To download the source code and such just install TortoiseSVN, restart as it asks you to, then create a new folder on your desktop and name it whatever you like. Right click on the folder and select the Checkout option. Under the address just enter the address above and hit OK. The program will automatically access the online repository and download the newest versions of everything. If you use the SVN Update option from the right click menu SVN will also automatically update everything that has changed so far, without having to redownload the enter folder.

Hopefully this will help keep me accountable, and all of you updated without the need for long, continuous uploads.

I hope one of you knows how to figure stuff out from that list, to keep us updated.

Back