What's new

Heroine Concept For A New Project

Re: Heroine Concept For A New Project

It's not meant to be viewed from the link RJ. You use that link to download the code stuff via Subversion. There's no binary yet, but hopefully there will be eventually. Right now I'm working on the controls and movement for the heroine. Close to getting the movement down, but not sure if I'll be adding a way for her to fight back yet, a sword or something like that.

D'oh, silly me. I just thought the other link was for simply playing it, while the first was to check for changes.

I approve of this 100%. The 3D model you're using is excellent - gonna take a lot of work to make the animation live up to it though.

Think it could be a tough project, but I certainly wish you the best of luck in making it. May the Flying Spaghetti Monster's noodly appendance bless your efforts.

Alrighty, I got to a decent progress point and uploaded the first binary to the binary folder. You SHOULD be able to download it without Subversion. All it is is a placeholder heroine sprite with the fundamental movement controls put in. It also has an FPS counter and runs in 1280 x 1024 so if any of you feel like giving me some info on your FPS I'd appreciate it. Thanks :)

Download Link (SHOULD work, might not):

It looks good but the resolution is WAY too high for me, I can't even fit the whole thing on my screen.

Working on a loader program that'll let you choose a resolution and such as we speak.

Why is it always that when I go away for a day or two, a million good posts start popping up?

What the fuck.

Also, I approve of this thread and all who post in it.

Such is life Pak. *grins*

Updates folks. I've got the graphics reasonably scalable, though only to 4:3 resolutions, no widescreen. Right now though it's only possible through editing a text config file. Still though, promising since now full screen, hardware acceleration, resolutions, etc, can be toggled from a menu theoretically. I've locked the FPS to 60 to prevent shearing issues, but I left the counter for diagnostic purposes. The SVN (Subversion) version has been updated but the binary probably won't be tonight.

Edit: Ok, I lied, uploading an updated binary. It'll take a few minutes to finish. New functionality is that the screen should be smoother, and if you open the settings.cfg file with notepad you can change the resolution, full screen, and hardware acceleration settings.

Last edited:

Do it sir. This could be magical.

Even though this will probably take longer to finish than Nightmare Sphere 2, I can't wait to play it. Sounds like it might be an actual game instead of the more common click here to watch this happen... :D

Download Link (SHOULD work, might not):

Got 62 fps all along (not that there were that much to display anyway...) and had a casting error when quitting (float instead of integer).

Looking forward to see more :)

For some reason I get way better fps in window mode where it use to be the other way around. 45-57 in full screen and 59.17-59.82 in window mode. Hardware acceleration seem to do nothing atm but guess there just isn't anything to speed up right now.

I'm running about 62-65 fps, but the resolution is kind of ridiculous.. my res is on 1366x768 and the game is hanging waaay off the bottom half of the screen. Definitely needs to be smaller or adjustable. Your character is hawt btw.. :D:D:D:D

Maricon: It's a result of the method I'm using to import the .cfg. Thanks for the data and heads up regarding the error.

Six: That's really odd. I'll look in to that. The Hardware Acceleration advantages are probably being coverd by whatever is causing the framerate to tank.

Dong: If you open the settings.cfg file you can edit the resolution settings to a smaller resolution.

I see Python Files. I love you.

Also, it's looking good so far, no problem with resolution (changed it before I even opened it), 62fps. I will report this log message though that I get when closing the game:

"I:\Games\Derp\ULMFGame\Binary\ULMF Game\ULMF Game.exe:65: DeprecationWarning: integer argument expected, got float"

Last edited:

Just got the idea to check on cpu usage and this game actually eats up half a core for me. I'm sure there are some issues atm that sucks extra cpu but if not I might be in trouble when the screen is filled up with enemies and whatnot.

So probably too much to ask but any chance that you could make it to run on multiple cores? ;)

Zid: I got the deprecation warning out of the way, shouldn't be a problem in the next update later this evening.

Six: Good point. I think that has to do with hardware acceleration. Do you get the same level of process nommage when it's deactivated? I'm in the process of trying to cut down the processer cost at the moment, but I think going multi-core for a 2D game might be just a noodge excessive. :p

Next task: Integrating a system to add background and progression through the level.

v0.2 landmark goal: A fully playable first level with the heroine, background, enemies, and a health system

Only have the task manager atm and fullscreen dies if I try to multitask so that cpu usage was from window mode. Same error msg as when using esc key to quit so I'd guess I'll be able to check out cpu usage during fullscreen in next version.

Tried acceleration just in case but thankfully it didn't change anything in window mode either.

Back