Status
Not open for further replies.

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Hoap Sues Freeko

ok

The short version is Freeko hired AzureZero to make him a game, which AzureZero did to every specification that Freeko demanded. However, when AzureZero finished the project and prepared to move on to the next one he had lined up for another person that paid him quite a bit of money as well, Freeko got pissy and said no to redo a lot of it and so AzureZero did so and Freeko kept demanding him to redo certain things here and there, and then demanded that he get 50% of all income from the project as well because he deserved it.

In the end, AzureZero refused, and Freeko nearly got AzureZero's blog shut down, pretty much did get his Paypal shut down, and caused him to lose quiet a bit of money that AzureZero depended on for his lively hood.

Then Freeko laughed about it and acted like he was the biggest baddest mother fucker that ever lived and even bragged about it and shit.

So, anyone still want to keep Freeko around?
Hahahaha wwwow what a cunt. You don't get to bitch at an artist for touch ups after they fucking finish a commission, what a fucking tool. If he's harassing content makers, that's pretty shitty and probably oughta be punished.

I guess I wwwwould be all about 'oh we shouldn't ban him because he's just an asshole and that's not breaking any rules', but come the fuck onnnnn he's got a huge fucking history of being an abrasive twat.

freeko

Banned
Reputation score

Ah right, because someone who is a third party would know exactly what went on in a private skype conversation right? So lets break this down part by part.

I did hire azure to do the cg for a game. That is about where the truth ends and the fallacy begins.

I am not sure how having a part of the game I never asked for (with them punching and kicking each other) is having a game made to my exact specifications, but thats ok. I wanted it to be a quick game and I felt that got in the way somewhat.

The images that I requested azure to redo all came when they were sent to me for approval. Suffice to say that there were concepts that were flawed and some that were just not useable as the level of quality was insufficient. So as much as some of this is true the overall statement is not. I think there was one time I can recall where I accepted an image and then asked if a mostly minor change could be made to it afterward.

The basic agreement we made and was always part of the deal that was agreed to was that the sales of the game would be split 50/50. I wanted to recover the money I put into the game and azure agreed to it willingly right from the start. It was azure who tried to go behind my back and sell the game elsewhere from his blog thinking that he could keep the whole of the sales from other sources. It was he who attempted to in bad faith sell the game through sources that were not agreed upon.

So for a contract that was agreed to by both parties, I fulfilled every obligation that was set forth. Azure did not as he even admitted that he owed me money in the thread for the game. Nevermind that I should be sent another 140gbp in cgs that were never made from the original agreement that was made.

HentaiWriter

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Ah right, because someone who is a third party would know exactly what went on in a private skype conversation right? So lets break this down part by part.
Those weren't my words; I was PMmed that by someone who was, AFAIK, very close to the event at hand and has practically first hand knowledge about the event, as it happened.

Also, you have no room to talk here, because every single one of your grievances about Patreon, the games people make with Patreon, and even my own game and myself are literally third party observations with no actual basis in reality or fact, far more removed than the quote I posted.

So yeah, just like how you ignore others when they state facts, and refuse to actually confront their points, I think I'll do about the same here. Sucks when your own behavior gets used on you, doesn't it? I would say it'd open your eyes some to how you treat others, but at this point, I doubt anything will actually do that, lol.

freeko

Banned
Reputation score

Unless you were pm'd by azure then there is no one else that had any level of interaction at all. So questioning where you got your information from seems logical. They are not your words, but you without checking if what was said to you had any validity to it?

You litetally know nothing of what transpired between azure and i, yet you make multiple outright false claims. Where exactly did I try to sell the game? Was it one of the non existent games that in another thread were put on patreon? I bet your "source" said it was right? Patreon did not even exist back then so ot would not shock me in the least if that was claimed by your source as well.

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I'd like to rescind my vote to not ban freeko.

OP
Hopeyouguess62

Hopeyouguess62

Has a penis diamiter of 4.5cm
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Also, Darkfire's a man!

HentaiWriter

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Unless you were pm'd by azure then there is no one else that had any level of interaction at all. So questioning where you got your information from seems logical. They are not your words, but you without checking if what was said to you had any validity to it?
I was PMmed by someone who got the full story from Azure directly, so pretty much the same thing.

We question where you get your blanket statements and information from on how Patreon creators are running "Bernie Madoff" schemes, yet you never seem to provide any backing for this besides your opinion; I'm providing practically 1st hand reports of something that factually happened.

Do you do any checking to see if any of your statements about people are valid? No, you don't. So why do you expect anyone else to do the same when it comes to you?

You litetally know nothing of what transpired between azure and i, yet you make multiple outright false claims.
This is exactly what you do towards people using Patreon, people who create things on Patreon, myself, the people I work with, and many others. Again, it sucks when people do back to you what you've done for them for so long, doesn't it? Frustrating, isn't it? To have someone just throw out statements about you and your behavior (despite my statements actually being backed up by actual facts)?

Where exactly did I try to sell the game? Was it one of the non existent games that in another thread were put on patreon? I bet your "source" said it was right? Patreon did not even exist back then so ot would not shock me in the least if that was claimed by your source as well.
Oh, you want me to respond to this stuff? How about you try responding to when people point out your fallacies with your horribly formed, exaggerated arguments about the things that we work our asses off to make, and then i'll give a response to this.

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

I'd like to rescind my vote to not ban freeko.
This please

I think this gets a little bit past the whole principle stuff and gets to the point of "how did he not get banned yet?"

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Well came here thinking I'd get a few 'hyucks' out of the court case proposed in the other thread only to find an actual thread about considering banning freeko. Damn, you guys don't disappoint, so much better than what I anticipated. On to the responses!

First and foremost yes, ban him.

Spoilered because wall o' text.
Not a fan of dry humor then are you?
If by dry you mean: not actually funny in the least, then no.

Were this an actual court case, it would already have been thrown out as I would expose the bias and simple lack of real evidence. I would even probably go so far as to look at remedies for prosecutorial misconduct as well.
The fuck? You think there are court cases over whether you let someone hang around and annoy you in a private residence in the physical world? There are no rules as to what can be brought up, or even if the decision can't be on a whim, the owner tells you to get out, you get out or they call the police to come and cart your ass off.

Idiot, it IS a popularity contest, and one you're losing quite handily. The mods and admins are fairly benevolent and requiring some logic to go with this but the longer you're a jackass the more that wears thin.

This post literally gave me cancer. Maybe we should change it to permabanning both Freeko AND fagballs, considering they both have just about the same existence on the forum.
Oh hell yes to this!

And if we ban him, what's to stop him from creating another account?
IP ban, MAC address ban, and stop the forum from allowing connections with a certain kind of proxy server.

The fun part about all this, I have not been negrepped yet in this thread until just right now myself. It is amazing how much these "anonymous" toughguys are. *snip*
Yes the rep system is broke. However, the reason why you're not getting more neg-reps is because your red bar is so full that you're already impotent so why bother hitting you with more neg-reps?

Also, Darkfire's a man!
HERESY! I will have none of it!

HentaiWriter

Tentacle God
Reputation score

This please

I think this gets a little bit past the whole principle stuff and gets to the point of "how did he not get banned yet?"
I've asked this many, many times. Apparently he got banned and then UNBANNED, somehow.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

He recieved a month-long ban from what I recall. It wasn't permanent.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

It was probably someone like nunu or one of the admins that don't know the inner going ons in the site because they have lots of RL responsibilities.

So, here's what I've been thinking. If we ban freeko now, he's going to return because he's a piece of shit and has nothing better to do with his life than to be absolute scum. This means that he'll appear under another user's name, maybe he'll even behave for a while to fly under the radar.

We need to think about possibly doing what Tass feared us doing, and that's to be willing to take the step to ban someone for being a harassment enthusiast. I think warnings should definitely be given out though, to those people who are causing trouble and in general are being like fagballs. So that we give them a chance to behave first.

Either way, I'm saying banning freeko once will likely not be enough. We need to be willing to spot someone like him and be willing to do it again. This would mean someone like fagballs needs to vanish as well. If we aren't willing to do this, then there's no point to banning him imo. Best we can do is just ignore him altogether if we aren't willing to become more strict about the assholes round these parts.

dragoon93041

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The Greater Good.

But I'm all for that. Harassment enthusiast you say? That's an awful nice title. I think troll is snappier though.

OP
Hopeyouguess62

Hopeyouguess62

RP Moderator
Reputation score

It was probably someone like nunu or one of the admins that don't know the inner going ons in the site because they have lots of RL responsibilities.

So, here's what I've been thinking. If we ban freeko now, he's going to return because he's a piece of shit and has nothing better to do with his life than to be absolute scum. This means that he'll appear under another user's name, maybe he'll even behave for a while to fly under the radar.

We need to think about possibly doing what Tass feared us doing, and that's to be willing to take the step to ban someone for being a harassment enthusiast. I think warnings should definitely be given out though, to those people who are causing trouble and in general are being like fagballs. So that we give them a chance to behave first.

Either way, I'm saying banning freeko once will likely not be enough. We need to be willing to spot someone like him and be willing to do it again. This would mean someone like fagballs needs to vanish as well. If we aren't willing to do this, then there's no point to banning him imo. Best we can do is just ignore him altogether if we aren't willing to become more strict about the assholes round these parts.
I hate to say it, but for a forum to ignore someone like freeko is next to impossible. Someone will always rise to the bait (yes, I've been guilty of this before... recently, to be frank... as I like to argue with people, one of my less-likeable traits).

I still maintain that if someone gets over four red rep bars (or multiple serious complaints), they should be subject to administrative review. This isn't necessarily an auto-ban (after all, the rep system is sometimes broken), but rather a judgement call by the higher-ups to see if punitive action is needed, up to and including a permaban.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

No, using rep bars as the decision maker is stupid. We need only use our rational judgement.

Rep is too open to abuse.

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

I hate to say it, but for a forum to ignore someone like freeko is next to impossible. Someone will always rise to the bait (yes, I've been guilty of this before... recently, to be frank... as I like to argue with people, one of my less-likeable traits).

I still maintain that if someone gets over four red rep bars (or multiple serious complaints), they should be subject to administrative review. This isn't necessarily an auto-ban (after all, the rep system is sometimes broken), but rather a judgement call by the higher-ups to see if punitive action is needed, up to and including a permaban.
It's... pretty easy to get multiple red bars, though. We have lots of people here who can throw around hundreds of points worth of rep.

OP
Hopeyouguess62

Hopeyouguess62

RP Moderator
Reputation score

It's... pretty easy to get multiple red bars, though. We have lots of people here who can throw around hundreds of points worth of rep.
I was just suggesting that it be used as one of a few reasons for the admins to look at the case individually.

HentaiWriter

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The thing is, Freeko is literally going around dragging people's name through the mud and suffering absolutely zero consequences for it.

If he's allowed free reign to literally state things about people that are objectively untrue left and right, then in the sake of equality, EVERYONE should be able to do this, which would then create a slippery slope.

For example, I could just say Freeko is a wife abuser and their posts indicate this strongly.
Or I could say that this forum is an embezzlement scheme and I've personally been scammed out of $20,000 by them.
Or I could say that everyone in this thread is nazi supporters and closet serial killers.

Obviously, I don't actually mean any of these things, whatsoever, to be clear. But the fact still remains that Freeko is able to make statements of this degree about people freely on the forum, and has been for quite some time, and yet is still here.

So if we allow him to do so, then one of two scenarios happens;
1) Everyone gets free rights to do this, and the forum becomes a cesspool of trolls and idiocy
2) He remains immune while others get nailed for this kind of behavior (just check out Ronin's recent ban) and this indicates special treatment.

Now, I've been talking with the mods/admins, and up until now, it honestly seemed like #2, but after talking with them for a while, it seems that they ARE on our side about wanting to ban him, he just has to fuck up one more time, so...

But yeah, that's why just "ignoring him" isn't really the best idea, haha.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The closet serial killer thing might be true.

Let's just say there are certain members I don't want to meet in real life.

Status
Not open for further replies.