What's new

In today's news...

Re: In today's news...

So this is a more serious news item but I wasn't sure if it merited its own thread.

You should actually probably read the whole article, but the TL;DR if you haven't heard is that the Chinese workers... you know the ones that damn near every country in the world has outsourced their companies for... are starting to go on strike, more and more frequently now. I think this is actually might bring outsourcing to an end - if it's not cost-effective to outsource, the factory jobs are going to go back to the country that's manufacturing the product.

Do you think the outsourcing will just shift over to some other country, most likely third-world? Or do you think this will actually bring an end to outsourcing? Or will we beat down the Chinese workers and go "bitch you work for ME!"

A little from column A, a little from column B. I'm sure the companies that have the ability to do so will say 'okay, fuck you then' and simply outsource to another location. Other companies that can't change location, but still have a lot of power, will blackmail/bribe the workers to get them working again. And then there will be the companies that say 'fuck it, we'll just quit the outsourcing'.

Each decision has pros and cons, but for the most part, either option will fuck somebody over in the end.
Yes, the workers get paid shit compared to what the company should be paying them, but they're at least getting paid, which is favorable to not being paid at all.
The amount of jobs that are outsourced is really unbelievable, and all that outsourcing really kills the economy of the country the jobs are being outsourced from.

Perhaps some agreement could be reached. The manufacturing takes place in the country of origin, but companies could still outsource the help lines, provided they only hire workers that are able to project and enunciate clearly and (mostly) correctly.

~It's been, one week since you looked at me...~

ANYWAYS.

So, apparently John From The Room Movie Dot Com threatened blip.tv to take down Doug's review of Tommy Wiseau's "The Room" due to 'copyright issues'.

EDIT: Also, post anything related to the . I'm lazy and hate searching, but I need a laugh.

Last edited:

You know, I'm not a fan of the EU anti-discrimination law because it can be abused, but at least people like these protesters can be sued for shit like this with these laws in place. Really helps to keep the radical scum off the streets.

stopid westbro baptist church

And I can guarantee that AT LEAST half, if not more of them, grew up reading at least one comic book series, as well as reading the Newspaper comics.

Those guys are dicks and will protest anything.

also, great comment on that site:

"Speaking as a Christian, I say down with the Westboro Baptist Church cult!

Blessed are the nerds, for theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven Blu-Ray Extended Director's Cut."

not to mention the number of people going: "I'm a Christian and I say wtf? God loves everyone, and it's a shame these guys yell louder than us normal people."

Gotta love Buddy Christ.

buddy_christ.jpg

Sooo if a plane crashes and the cause is determined to be "inadequate mechanical maintenance" or some other such thing are they telling me I should blame God?

Sooo if a plane crashes and the cause is determined to be "inadequate mechanical maintenance" or some other such thing are they telling me I should blame God?
Apparently so. Certainly not the poor airline, who was just trying to save a few bucks by not doing their jobs.

That one's been around for a while, there have been a crapload of protests. Pretty close to all of the footage has been the same group of stereotypical white female Americans protesting offending dead people while ignoring any potential benefits of having a center for teaching PEACE at the sight of a great tragedy borne of non-peace. Come to think of it, I think I saw some of these people in Arizona too...and outside Planned Parenthood...and in front of the White House...and at the Jim-Bob Family Reunion and BBQ Cookout...

Oh, whoops, guess that could run as a little racist. Still, lately it seems like that's what every protest group is made up of. And the news guys love it, both sides.

That one's been around for a while, there have been a crapload of protests. Pretty close to all of the footage has been the same group of stereotypical white female Americans protesting offending dead people while ignoring any potential benefits of having a center for teaching PEACE at the sight of a great tragedy borne of non-peace. Come to think of it, I think I saw some of these people in Arizona too...and outside Planned Parenthood...and in front of the White House...and at the Jim-Bob Family Reunion and BBQ Cookout...

Oh, whoops, guess that could run as a little racist. Still, lately it seems like that's what every protest group is made up of. And the news guys love it, both sides.

Its slightly deserved, you can not believe the hate spewing propaganda that one has to listen too at times. While not in Arizona I live in a very white county that has a majority with very particular views on Arizona, muslims, immigrants and the like.

And I cant say a damned thing about it.

So I heard that California's proposition 8 was overturned by a federal judge, allowing gays and lesbians to get married again.

Of course, the conservatives are already up in arms.

So I heard that California's proposition 8 was overturned by a federal judge, allowing gays and lesbians to get married again.

When I saw that on the news, I lol'd very, very hard, and cheered quietly.

The basic logic that the judge used was that you can't say that a vote can overrun any right. By that idea, if enough people voted to make MURDER legal, it would have to become legal.

The judge didn't necessarily side with same-sex marriage, he just said that there's no legal basis for the way the ban was put down, and I can go with this: he's doing his job, that's what judges are supposed to do.

The only reasoning that same-sex marriage isn't legal everywhere yet is religiously based nuttiness. If you wanted to take it to a basic level, the Federal Govt could stand to make a lot of money from the new taxes we'd be paying.

Thank the gods

The only reasoning that same-sex marriage isn't legal everywhere yet is religiously based nuttiness. If you wanted to take it to a basic level, the Federal Govt could stand to make a lot of money from the new taxes we'd be paying.

i think these places need to start believing in evolution first.

HAHA! Evolution.
What a stupid concept.

I'M NO SHIT-THROWING MONKEY GO FUCK YOURSELVES. ):<

Back