What's new

D

Deleted member 359551

New Blog update in JSK. I been wonder but.. the names says "magician girl" for both sides, does that mean we be playing as a female?
Can't say for sure but, given the pics shown, the left name is "Shoujo Miya" (girl Miya) I guess it's "Mahou Shoujo Miya" (Magic Girl Miya) with the "Mahou" cut due to a miss edit. The right name though is "Mahou Shoujo Basuta" (?) Magic Girl Buster meaning you'll be playing as someone who fights/goes against Magic Girls.

SSEzekiel

Reputation score
Anyone have a full save for Miyui? I keep trying to do the Love ending but end up with a game over. I block her Hscene attacks and always pick the correct options from the guide but still get a gameover. Now just looking for a complete save file.

Lemur.lis

Reputation score
Anyone have a full save for Miyui? I keep trying to do the Love ending but end up with a game over. I block her Hscene attacks and always pick the correct options from the guide but still get a gameover. Now just looking for a complete save file.

Delexicus

Reputation score
I'm currently looking into a way to do bulk color edits for Beautiful Swordwoman. The shear amount of shapes that would need to be edited makes a manual color edit just plain unreasonable. I have a few different ideas on how to accomplish this. Most involve using some command line options for JPEXS, some bat files, and possibly notepad++. I'll let you know if/when I figure something out.

Darkarbiter

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
So all the latest JSK games are untranslated and y'all are playing them in the Japanese language?
I played each game once and save edited it. Easier for me that way then having to pick random choices (not knowing the language) just to try and get the endings and scenes.

TowerCrow

Reputation score
I wonder if I can use that JPEXS editor people use for uncensoring animations and google translate all text and then edit it to my liking. It wouldn't be anywhere near a perfect translation but it would be reasonably playable. Gotta try it now.

Delexicus

Reputation score
So I started mucking about with the colors of the Beautiful Swordwoman. I figured out you have to decompress the SWF files with (java -jar ffdec.jar -decompress end_inran.swf end_inrandec.swf). If you don't then a hex editor is pretty useless. Unfortunetly the recompress feature doesn't seem to work With JPEXS. I have the Corrupted end completed so far. I hope some of you enjoy it. Colors are based on Lily Ramses Futaba from .

EDIT 1: Finished main SWF file and retouched blush and skin shine. Updated Mega link with changes.

Not the full game, only the main SWF and Inran ending. Backup your own SWFs and replace with these files.

Remove space after HTTPS://

https:// (removed) Downloads can be found in the Community JSK Guide. Link to guide is in my signature.

EDIT 2: replaced files with ZLIB compressed versions.

EDIT 3: Removed link and directed to download section of Community JSK Guide. Link to guide is in my signature.

Last edited:

kvier

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
decompress the SWF files with (java -jar ffdec.jar -decompress end_inran.swf end_inrandec.swf).
There are also other tools that can decompress SWF also. Older swftools can manage zlib-compressed stuff as well as a bunch of other older tools. swfpack can additionally manage the newer LZMA-compressed stuff.

Delexicus

Reputation score
There are also other tools that can decompress SWF also. Older swftools can manage zlib-compressed stuff as well as a bunch of other older tools. swfpack can additionally manage the newer LZMA-compressed stuff.
Thanks for the info. I'll give swfpack a shot when I have some time.

EDIT 1:

Is SWFPACK Linux only? I can't find any windows binaries on Github. All I see in the Github swfpack-1.0.0.zip that is of note is makefile.am and test-swfpack.sh. I did some programming back in high school so I know that the .sh files are uncompiled classes. Not sure about the makefile.am though. I've had a look at SWFtools too. I found the swfextract.exe but no corresponding swfcompress.exe. I know I'm missing something but I'm getting too frustrated to think clearly right now. One of the reasons I gave up programming I dare say.

Edit 2: So I've done a little reading on makefiles and I now know I need to use Cygwin to have the makefiles selfcompile. Quite a can of worms I've opened here...

Last edited:

TowerCrow

Reputation score
JPEXS editor + machine translation and then manual editing to make the translation readable is viable but the project is so horrendously organized that it's taking me forever to translate it. UI buttons are especially terrible with each scene having repeat entries for all the same buttons other scenes have but they tend to change order. Not to mention each scene so far having different fonts, sometimes the default one not being able to display English. And then English sentences take way more space than Japanese so size/positioning needs to be adjusted. Overall, this turned out to be an incredibly huge undertaking and even though I put about 4 hours into this I've only done maybe 30% of UI only. I guess it's somewhat enough to understand stats and to some extent skills also.

Mostly unedited MTL upgrades screen:

skillz.png

Last edited:

Delexicus

Reputation score
JPEXS editor + machine translation and then manual editing to make the translation readable is viable but the project is so horrendously organized that it's taking me forever to translate it. UI buttons are especially terrible with each scene having repeat entries for all the same buttons other scenes have but they tend to change order. Not to mention each scene so far having different fonts, sometimes the default one not being able to display English. And then English sentences take way more space than Japanese so size/positioning needs to be adjusted. Overall, this turned out to be an incredibly huge undertaking and even though I put about 4 hours into this I've only done maybe 30% of UI only. I guess it's somewhat enough to understand stats and to some extent skills also.

Mostly unedited MTL upgrades screen:

View attachment 17158
That's pretty much what Icevail and Flurki have been saying over in the JSK translation thread. Very tedious and painfully slow progress. The edits I've done did take a bunch of time too, but it's a drop in the bucket compared to the shear amount of fiddling needed for the translation work. I hope you stick with it though. It's always helpful and appreciated to have JSK's works even partially translated.

TowerCrow

Reputation score
The regular translators are doing an admirable job. To do the whole thing 100% I'd have to invest dozens of hours which is time I don't really have at the moment. I'd rather make my own JSK style game in my free time instead.

The idea was to do a sort of a tribute to the classic Vampire Hunter N, but then I discovered JSK is back so I had to check out his new stuff only to find out the new games are Japanese only. Hence the attempt to TL, but I think I have all the info I need to make my own now. All this digging around and playing the game a lot has given me a pretty good idea on basic JSK style design.

kvier

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Is SWFPACK Linux only? I can't find any windows binaries on Github. All I see in the Github swfpack-1.0.0.zip that is of note is makefile.am and test-swfpack.sh.
It's a tiny program (swfpack.c in the src directory) surrounded by a big pile of Autotools goo.

You should only need the zlib and lzma libraries, and mingw gcc to build this under windows.

The "README.md" includes ... uh, something resembling build instructions, as well as links to two python analogs, if setting up python is less frustrating.

Delexicus

Reputation score
It's a tiny program (swfpack.c in the src directory) surrounded by a big pile of Autotools goo.

You should only need the zlib and lzma libraries, and mingw gcc to build this under windows.

The "README.md" includes ... uh, something resembling build instructions, as well as links to two python analogs, if setting up python is less frustrating.
Where to begin...

To be blunt, I flunked out of college for Software Engineering about 15 years ago in my freshman year at R.I.T.. I had struggled with C++ coding in high school but tried to keep with the programming route. I liked the concept of creating something completely whole cloth from nothing more than an idea in my mind. I was always good at teaching myself to the point of competence, up to excellence, on most other subjects. But programming was such a dense and obtuse discipline that I always got lost before I could grasp a concept and move onto another. Perhaps all I needed was a good teacher or a decent beginners guide to programming. I found neither when I looked. So I've been stuck in the most difficult to improve tier of knowledge ever since, not knowing what I don't know. I realize you are trying to be helpful but I lack the understanding of the underlying core concepts to comprehend the shorthand that goes with even basic programming instructions.

I know this is going off the rails of the JSK subject, but this has dug up very powerful feelings of failure and inadequacy on what I've felt is the biggest failure of my life.

I'll keep trying to get this swfpack to work, but realize I'll have to face the demons of my past to do so.

Burningscarlet

Demon Girl
Reputation score
@TowerCrow we've been working on Translations as well but everyone's been super busy so progress has been slow

I have a crowdsourced translation up for Karen and it's actually pretty close out like 2 more scripts to go but yeah actually getting it into the game is gonna be a pain

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Blog update: He's finished two sex positions and is working on some more.

Those with a fetish for ladies getting raped by men more than twice their size are going to enjoy the upcoming release...

OmegaArk

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Loli, male being huge, male's secret job... I think i am lifting some eyebrows at this combination if there is a proper backstory to this game. O well, it's JSK's work.

dergrubben

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Hey guys, sorry to bother but are any of you getting that old "Chrome is downloading instead of running .swf files" issue? It reared its head again for me :/
I gave up on running .swf files in Chrome long ago thanks to this problem, and just use a standalone flashplayer now. You can get it straight from Adobe.

Delexicus

Reputation score
I have some good news regarding my compression efforts. I found out how to make the JPEXS compression command work! The compression type had to be set BEFORE the input and output file names, not after like noted in the documentation "FFDEC.bat -compress <infile> <outfile> [(zlib|lzma)]". And it looks like JSK used the older ZLIB compression method too. So going forward we can have a smaller download package with the LZMA compressor. The miyui.swf shrunk to 48.1 MB from 51.6MB. Anyway, I'm a happy camper now that I don't have to deal with my programming deficit just yet.

EDIT 1:

I tried out the game with LZMA compression and it adds a few seconds to initial boot-up and about a second when scene switching. I'll stick with the older ZLIB compression I think.

EDIT 2:

Finished the Love end for the Lily Ramses Futaba color edit. Also retouched the nipple shine to better match the skin tone.

Full game recolor.

https:// (removed) Downloads can be found in the Community JSK Guide. Link to guide is in my signature.

EDIT 3: Finished Rape ending and uploaded it. I also made a cheat sheet for my color edits. It helps speed up the hex replacements quite a bit.

https:// docs.google.com/document/d/1CQp5lGN44Xm3rDXo6aGuzSCLcsmuWLzN_FGr1O6j5WQ/edit?usp=sharing

EDIT 4: Finished Tomoochi end. Appended to MEGA link.

EDIT 5: Finished side Kick scene. Appended to MEGA link.

EDIT 6: Finished Foot Job scene and fixed some bad color overwrites in Miyui.swf. Appended to MEGA link.

EDIT 7: Finished Fellatio scene. Appended to MEGA link.

EDIT 8: Finished Face Sitting scene as well as fixed a color pulsing problem with the little hair bangs. Appended to MEGA link.

EDIT 9: Finished Ground Cowgirl scene. Appended to Mega Link.

EDIT 10: Finished Unconscious Fellatio scene. Appended to Mega Link.

EDIT 11: Finished Unconscious Doggy Style scene. Also fixed spectral glare clipping that was present in the original game. Clipping was found in the overhead view when x-ray mode was active. Appended to Mega link.

EDIT 12: I just had a big break through on how to further speed up my color replacements. I found out about a command line tool called GREP that is usually used in Linux that helps with bulk file edits. After a bit more digging I found some programs that put a GUI on the Grep command. I've tried PowerGREP so far and it's working great at finding and replacing hex values across multiple files at once. This should help immensely with the more predictable and non colliding hex colors replacements e.g. Nipple shine, Blush, Hair highlights, Hair Light, Skin Spectral Glare, Skin Deep Shadow, Skin Shadow, Skin Light. Unfortunately Hair Shadow and Hair Deep Shadow collides with colors on a couple shoe shapes so they need to be done separately in a normal hex editor.

EDIT 13: PowerGREP also has an action sequencer. so after I setup a series of Search and Replace commands, I could do a future full game color edit in minutes! This would be possible since my Lily Ramses Futaba colors don't have collisions with any other shape colors.

EDIT 14: Finished K_seijyou, Kijyou, Kouhai, and Kouhai_t. Just Seijyo is left and then It'll be complete. I'm Really cooking now that I have some Grep tool help. Appended to MEGA Link.

EDIT 15: Finished Miyui recolor to Lily Ramses Futaba. I did a quick once over and found a few skin shadows I missed and fixed them. Please let me know if there are any missing or miss-applied colors. MEGA Link Updated.

EDIT 16: In my quest to further speed up the color edit process, I'm trying to make a batch file that compresses all the swfs in miyui. I'm hoping someone with batch file chops could help me a bit. So far I've been able to invoke the ffdec.bat and get it to look for a file. But no matter how I try, it keeps saying "file not found"

Here's the batch file contents.

@Echo on
"%~dp0ffdec.bat" %* -compress zlib %~dp0g_ganmendec.swf %~dp0g_ganmen.swf

EDIT 17: Well that was ridiculous. It turns out that the batch file didn't like being in the program files (x86) folder. I moved the jar file, libs folder, and a test .swf to a folder one level above root and it works fine. At least the problem is solved...

EDIT 18: I tried running the batch file again in the Program files (x86) again but this time as an admin. And guess what, that one works too. Gotta love those folder privileges.

EDIT 19: Finished the bulk compress and decompress batch files. Appended to MEGA Link. Also appended a RTF document with the Lily Ramses Futaba color references.

EDIT 20: Removed link and directed to download section of Community JSK Guide. Link to guide is in my signature.

Last edited: