What's new

JSK工房 Hgames Translation Thread

Delexicus

Reputation score
So I've been figuring out how to merge two versions of an SWF file and a plain hex editor doesn't quite cut it. I did find a different program that is working out quite well. It's called Beyond Compare. It can search through raw HEX and account for different file lengths and gaps that would otherwise make merging very difficult.

Remember you have to decompress your SWF files before you can view or edit in HEX

flurki

Reputation score
My apologies, the last two weeks have been a little bit rough. I could not continue work on the Miyui game at all.

I think I can release the fully translated main file this weekend though.

JaegerNimrod

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
So I've been figuring out how to merge two versions of an SWF file and a plain hex editor doesn't quite cut it. I did find a different program that is working out quite well. It's called Beyond Compare. It can search through raw HEX and account for different file lengths and gaps that would otherwise make merging very difficult.

Remember you have to decompress your SWF files before you can view or edit in HEX

Hex is a mean mother. Hex Workshop is the best editor I've found, and it has a built-in comparison tool. I've been trying to find a common trope between the different JSK swf files to see if there is an easy insert/delete that can be done to uncensor past/future works (a creator tends to use the same technique for mosaics every time) but I've only found success in JPEXS asset/sprite editing, which is a pain. Oh well.

Delexicus

Reputation score
Hex is a mean mother. Hex Workshop is the best editor I've found, and it has a built-in comparison tool. I've been trying to find a common trope between the different JSK swf files to see if there is an easy insert/delete that can be done to uncensor past/future works (a creator tends to use the same technique for mosaics every time) but I've only found success in JPEXS asset/sprite editing, which is a pain. Oh well.
@JaegerNimrod

Thanks for the heads up about Hex Workshop. I'll have a look at the mosaics too. The more eyes on a problem as they say.

flurki

Reputation score
I'm finally finished with that damn main file. Still working on the sub scenes. Maybe it's best if I upload this first version now though.

@Delexicus
Could you give me an version that is uncensored and without pixelated stuff? (But nothing else apart from that).

Delexicus

Reputation score
Sure thing Flurki. Sorry for the delay. Your message wasn't forwarded to my email like most posts in this thread are.

Remove space after HTTPS://

https:// mega.nz/#F!44oxwYyT!UjWAS-6ch2XdYk_hbZmvaA

The main miyui.SWF has no edits so you can skip that one.

flurki

Reputation score
Thanks, but that version still has everything pixelated. Are you sure that's the right one? :)

Delexicus

Reputation score
Thanks, but that version still has everything pixelated. Are you sure that's the right one? :)
Did you want one where the penis shapes are decensored as well? I wasn't sure you wanted that one or just the female shapes uncensored.

EDIT 1:

Here is a version with the penis shapes decensored and positioned correctly.

Remove space after HTTPS://

https:// mega.nz/#F!FhA0lYQR!37DfirKwYQwdJ-YGE8qtiw

This version also has the male pubic hair removed. It would take me some time to redo the edit with the hair still in place.

EDIT 2:

I can reinsert the pubic hair shapes later if need be.

Last edited:

flurki

Reputation score
Thanks. I'll upload both versions in case anyone has some preferences. Again, main file completely translated, but sub files are not (yet).

https:// mega.nz/#!B1UUEa6Q!azWQNB5dJaTjzLpjDqOIVieho-8ULvCMW4OST_MGg0U

https:// mega.nz/#!s0d2hQYA!AOeWqhxG4J0nC6iUcbrkF6YYGZcJkwRigLKnD5VSj_M

Hope this works, never have uploaded anything to mega.
Feedback is appreciated ;).

Delexicus

Reputation score
@flurki

So I've played through the translated parts of the Miyui game a few times. This is some fine work Flurki. I especially like the spacing for all the buttons and attacks. That being said, I found a few things that could use polishing. Mostly simple things like using the word pity where the word pitiful would be more appropriate. Other things are more long winded than they need to be. I made some suggestions below. I'll keep looking for ways to improve the translation to make it feel more natural. Good luck on the sub files.

flurki

Reputation score
@Delexicus
Thanks for the suggestions. I will work them in for the next version. That pity word usage is actually a leftover of a different sentence translation, looks like I missed it :). And I wasn't sure about that 'once upon a time' myself, but then I thought that it is a story (fairly tale? well, not really lol.) after all. But if that term really is only used in children's real fairly tales, oh well.

Overall there's really a lot of work put in it, a lot more than I initially expected. There's way more dialogue in that game than it seems, some special situations etc. You probably haven't seen everything yet ^^. And getting all the buttons right was excruciating. I'm just relieved that I was finally able to publish a first version. Whew.

Delexicus

Reputation score
@Delexicus
Thanks for the suggestions. I will work them in for the next version. That pity word usage is actually a leftover of a different sentence translation, looks like I missed it :). And I wasn't sure about that 'once upon a time' myself, but then I thought that it is a story (fairly tale? well, not really lol.) after all. But if that term really is only used in children's real fairly tales, oh well.

Overall there's really a lot of work put in it, a lot more than I initially expected. There's way more dialogue in that game than it seems, some special situations etc. You probably haven't seen everything yet ^^. And getting all the buttons right was excruciating. I'm just relieved that I was finally able to publish a first version. Whew.
I'm sure I haven't seen close to all of your translations yet. I need to have a closer look at the other play modes for one thing. I can definitely appreciate how much work you have dedicated to this project. I know from my own experience with big projects that I've worked on. It can be quite overwhelming. Keeping your interest and drive up to finish it takes significant dedication. It's something to be proud of for sure. Please feel free to ask if you have any questions, or if you would like an outside opinion on what you are working on.

flurki

Reputation score
Thanks, I will keep that in mind ;). Now it's time to dive into those sub scenes where texts are duplicated across many fields. Yay, fun. Really wish JSK would know how to do resource files ~.~

Donocad

Reputation score
Hi, I'm a new member

I have been lurking here for a long time, so it's a honor for me to submit my translation of Reimi. I had started from the partial translation of Icevail, his tutorial in the thread has helped me very much.

https:// mega.nz/#!Vh1jXS5a!IqakAsf1Rw5qSRd1kaoDDIl8fihyPBjMMmi4z10e_d8

Being not an English native speaker, it's my very first translation work, so any corrections are welcome.

In addition, here is my translation texts. Notepad+ is needed to read them.

Attachments

Last edited:

Delexicus

Reputation score
Hi, I'm a new member

I have been lurking here for a long time, so it's a honor for me to submit my translation of Reimi. I had started from the partial translation of Icevail, his tutorial in the thread has helped me very much.

Being not an English native speaker, it's my very first translation work, so any corrections are welcome ( if wanted, I can put my translation text, in the zip or by pm ).

The more people translating these games the better. Welcome to the translation club as they say. I would be interested in having a look at your translation files. Some others may be interested as well. If you would post a public link to your translation files, I think that would be easiest for everyone involved.

thatguyinthecorner

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Hi, I'm a new member

Being not an English native speaker, it's my very first translation work, so any corrections are welcome.

Just played it the English is extremely rough and reads a lot like a straight machine translation. There's also a bunch of things that still aren't translated.

Delexicus

Reputation score
Just played it the English is extremely rough and reads a lot like a straight machine translation. There's also a bunch of things that still aren't translated.
@thatguyinthecorner

Could you point out where, and in what scenes some of the untranslated texts are please. I'm sure that would help out Donocad with future versions.

Burningscarlet

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Hi, I'm a new member

If you give me the rough translations I can help you clean it up and edit it if it's fully translated. I'm seeing a few untranslated bits here and there in the text.