What's new

JSK工房 Hgames Translation Thread

Delexicus

Reputation score
@Delexicus

That's the thing about it, I can't find it out on any of the 4 paths, there is even whole line about Irene's thighs (yes, thighs, not ass) going around, yet we can't touch those in anyway at any of the 3 positions, its in those lines that Irene calls MC as sensei, its always either as creep, bastard, perverted knight or vice captain, never as sensei.

Here's example line as translated

MC: "Do you want me to touch your thighs like this?"
Irene: "Yes, you may touch my thighs like that, please go on, sensei."

I get the vibe someone copy pasted their old code and left some of the old dialogues there to haunt us, I mean, even the ending dialogue is three times as well, one for each position, yet only one of those gets called, the one in AS 112.
What are the dependant characters listed for the sensei line? That should give you an idea if, and where else that line is being used. It could very well be that some of the texts are orphans from other games or just ideas JSK never worked into the game.

EDIT 1: This was my first time using the Text search feature so bear with me. It looks like 先生 (sensei) is used three times. At Scripts->_fla->Timeline_ locations 117, 219, 257. There is probably a better way to find the text but I'm not familiar with it yet.

EDIT 2: These are the line snippets that mention the sensei line.

Sensei was mentioned twice in Line 117, "何してるんですか、先生っ!?", "何してるんですか、先生っ!?" same line twice it looks like.

Twice in Line 219. "何してるんですか、先生っ!?", "何してるんですか、先生っ!?" same lines as before.

Twice in Line 257. "何してるんですか、先生っ!?", "何してるんですか、先生っ!?" again the same lines...

That line translates to "What are you doing, Teacher! What?" So I'm guessing it's a touching response.

I'm not sure if I'm using the text search feature correctly or not. Were are the texts that you translate anyway? are they in the Scripts->_fla->Timeline_ location, or somewhere else?

Last edited:

Icevail

Lurker
Reputation score
@Delexicus

Love route caressing

Irene: "I trust you, I know you're only looking for something."
MC: "I am sorry about this, princess, but it is necessary."

??? route caressing

Irene (?): "Yes, please carry on, I don't mind it at all."
MC(?): "Your thighs are so smooth, doesn't this feel good while I caress them like this?"

Both characters change in a beat of a heart to someone completely different there.

Delexicus

Reputation score
@Delexicus

Love route caressing

Irene: "I trust you, I know you're only looking for something."
MC: "I am sorry about this, princess, but it is necessary."

??? route caressing

Irene (?): "Yes, please carry on, I don't mind it at all."
MC(?): "Your thighs are so smooth, doesn't this feel good while I caress them like this?"

Both characters change in a beat of a heart to someone completely different there.
Thinking back to older games that had thigh caressing, it could have been from Shoplifting girl, but then the princess line doesn't make sense...

EDIT 1: What timeline and frames are you finding these other sensei lines in? I can't find any other references with the search function.

Icevail

Lurker
Reputation score
@Delexicus

Timeline 117, line 802 and line 1559 for example, there are others too, but I've ignored those for now.

"Iya~a…!What are you doing, sensei!?", Those are licking related lines.

The thigh related lines are in timeline 257.

Last edited:

flurki

Reputation score
JSK does not cleanup the game files after he's finished. The Miyui game is filled with unused buttons, texts and sprites, too. So if there's a text that does not make any sense and you see that it's not used, I wouldn't bother with it very much :)

Delexicus

Reputation score
I have been working on the double height "Interrogation Progress" guide shape. I think it turned out pretty good. I also revisited shape 93 which is the black outline for the "Begin Interrogation" button. I found out why it was separate from the other button shapes. If you use a simple line outline instead of a separate shape as an outline, then your outline will not scale properly with the resolution of the game. The outline would always be the same pixel thickness. Anyway, it's fixed now. I also included my calculation sheet to get the alignment right for shape 93. You know just for fun.

EDIT 1: Finished the forth draft of the tutorial shapes. Figured out how to duplicate and separate the chain tutorial shapes. It was a lot easier than I thought it would be. I just need to work on their spacing and resize them a bit and I think that's it.

EDIT 2: I finished fine tuning the tutorial shape sizes and positions. I'm going to call this Release Candidate 1. If their are any shapes either of you would like edited, let me know. I rather enjoy the process of tinkering with the shapes.

Last edited:

flurki

Reputation score
I'm interested in what you calculated there ^^. The Interrogation Progress button looks nice. Why is faith written in lower case by the way?

@Icevail
Do you have a suggestion on what to make of the following?
九賀流、秘奥の技っ!!
九賀の秘奥、味わってください!
Miyui says this when she uses her special attacks, but I've not found a good solution yet.

Delexicus

Reputation score
I'm interested in what you calculated there ^^. The Interrogation Progress button looks nice. Why is faith written in lower case by the way?

@Icevail
Do you have a suggestion on what to make of the following?
九賀流、秘奥の技っ!!
九賀の秘奥、味わってください!
Miyui says this when she uses her special attacks, but I've not found a good solution yet.
I calculated what the shape bounds would need to be changed to after the shape dimensions were changed. I can give a full breakdown in a bit. I'm away from my computer now.

The lowercase faith was my first edited shape. As such I wasn't sure how I wanted the buttons to look yet. I will change it to uppercase in my next Released Candidate.

I'll help with the special attack translation after I'm in front of my computer again.

EDIT 1: Here's a breakdown of how I calculated the new shape bounds for the Interrogation Button. I had to expand my calculation a bit. I didn't write some of it down originally.

1.) W=28.5, H=116.5
1.) Original shape dimensions, width and height (measured in Adobe Illustrator)

2.) W=116.5, H=28.5
2.) Original shape dimensions, after rotating 90° (measured in Adobe Illustrator)

3.) W=116.5, H=42.7
3.) Shape dimensions after making room for two text lines (measured in Adobe Illustrator)

4.) 30° W=111.7, H=85.1
4.) Shape dimensions after rotating 30° (measured in Adobe Illustrator)

5.) %ΔW=391.9%, %ΔH=73.04%
5.) Percent change between [1.)] original dimensions, and and [4.)] extra height 30° rotated dimensions

6.) Xmin=-330, Xmax=240
Ymin=-1209, Ymax=1121
6.) Original ShapeBounds of shape 964

7.) Xt=570, Yt=2330
7.) total of Xmin plus Xmax and total of Ymin plus Ymax.

8.) %ΔW × Xt = mXt = 2234, %ΔH × Yt = mYt = 1702
8.) percentage %ΔW [4.)] multiplied by Xt [7.)] and percentage %ΔH [4.)] multiplied by Yt [7.) noted as modified X total, and modified Y total.

9.) Xmin × %ΔW=-1293.26= mXmin ,Xmax × %ΔW=940.56= mXmax
Ymin × %ΔW=-883.05= mYmin ,Ymax × %ΔH=818.77= mYmax
9.) [6.)] multipled by [5.)] gives us our modified min and max shape bounds.

10.) mXmin + mXmax =? mXt, mYmin + mYmax =? mYt
10.) add modified min and modified max together to check if we get our modified X total and modified Y total to double check our work.

And without notation it looks like this

1.) W=28.5, H=116.5
2.) W=116.5, H=28.5
3.) W=116.5, H=42.7
4.) 30° W=111.7, H=85.1
5.) %ΔW=391.9%, %ΔH=73.04%
6.) Xmin=-330, Xmax=240
Ymin=-1209, Ymax=1121
7.) Xt=570, Yt=2330
8.) %ΔW × Xt = mXt = 2234, %ΔH × Yt = mYt = 1702
9.) Xmin × %ΔW=-1293.26= mXmin ,Xmax × %ΔW=940.56= mXmax
Ymin × %ΔW=-883.05= mYmin ,Ymax × %ΔH=818.77= mYmax
10.) mXmin + mXmax =? Xt, mYmin + mYmax =? Yt

I really should look into automating this calculation.

That is a tough one to translate. The machine translation is quite a mouthful.

九賀流、秘奥の技っ!!
九賀の秘奥、味わってください!

Kikura flow, the secret technique!
Keep secret, Kuroga's secret!

It sounds like "Kikura flow" is the name of the attack and all the secret business is probably the martial arts school the attack belongs to. We may need to fudge this one a bit and get creative. Kikura looks to be a name but I'm not certain. Same with Kuroga. So if we follow the format of "attack name, attack description, martial arts school name" I think we could come up with a decent replacement.

EDIT 2: Finished the uppercase Faith button (963) and added to IMGUR collection.

Last edited:

flurki

Reputation score
I don't quite get the start, shouldn't initial width be the high value and height the low value, and then swapped when rotated by 90 degrees? And the other one I don't get is where you use that percentage increase for the shape. My approach in the Miyui was simply adjusting the svg to whatever width/height was necessary, then reimporting it with that changed size. Then the button just needed to be relocated to the correct position using the shape bounds. Ah, well while I'm typing this I think I have an idea why you're doing it that way.

Thanks for taking a look at the translation, I'm still not sure especially regarding unique attack names etc. They are usually not that practial in a translated version. What was your machine translater by the way?

Delexicus

Reputation score
I don't quite get the start, shouldn't initial width be the high value and height the low value, and then swapped when rotated by 90 degrees? And the other one I don't get is where you use that percentage increase for the shape. My approach in the Miyui was simply adjusting the svg to whatever width/height was necessary, then reimporting it with that changed size. Then the button just needed to be relocated to the correct position using the shape bounds. Ah, well while I'm typing this I think I have an idea why you're doing it that way.

Thanks for taking a look at the translation, I'm still not sure especially regarding unique attack names etc. They are usually not that practial in a translated version. What was your machine translater by the way?
The reason I did all those calculations was because I had thought the Replace and update Bounds options didn't work. I was just using the normal Replace option and then doing the update bounds manually. The previous time I tried the replace and update bounds option, it returned all zeros for my shape bounds. I experimented with the Replace and update bounds options again today and it worked this time. So yeah, my calculations are now redundant.

I used google translator. If you have other translators you recommend, please share them. I could use a few different takes on the Japanese texts.

Since they are just attack names, we could just name them things like, Flying Wind Cutter, or Draining Slice.

Icevail

Lurker
Reputation score
@flurki

九賀流、秘奥の技!!
九賀の秘奥、味わってください!

"Mystic Arts of the 9th Dragon!" - RGP stylish skill incantation shout prior to the attack.
"Have a taste of the Dragon's Mystic Arts!!" - Our localized short version would be "Eat this!"

That would be my suggestion based on the dictionary I have at hand.

Edit: Feeling bit under the weather due to a slight fever, expect slow replies.

Last edited:

Delexicus

Reputation score
@Icevail Hope you feel better soon. I've always been prone to getting colds and I know how it's a big energy drain.

I found a pretty big miscalculation with the chain buttons that I made. I transposed the 3 in my X total. It should have been 1030 and I wrote down 1300. Redid the math and fixed the X scaling issue in Release candidate 3.

Delexicus

Reputation score
So my Intro to Japanese book came in the mail today. I have to say, I wasn't quite expecting such an old vintage book. I'm sure it's a fine book, he did recommend it to me after all.

EDIT 1: So I feel kind of bad for doing this, but I don't think I'll be using the intro to Japanese book my linguist customer gave me. I looked up the amazon and other reviews for the , and most are down right abusive. A bunch say they single handedly flunked out of their Japanese class because of this book. So I deiced to do a bit of research on my own. It didn't take me long to find the Genki series of Introductory Japanese. It is the number one seller on Amazon for Learning Japanese after all. I ordered the , the accompanying , and the . A bit expensive at $93 total, but I'd rather have decent learning material than have to struggle with one I was given for free.

Last edited:

flurki

Reputation score
My main issue with japanese is that they have soo many symbols for all the words. Latin alphabet with the limited character set is so much easier :).

Any idea what to do with the "Co-Fallen" ending for translation? I don't think co-fallen is an actual english word, is it?

Delexicus

Reputation score
My main issue with japanese is that they have soo many symbols for all the words. Latin alphabet with the limited character set is so much easier :).

Any idea what to do with the "Co-Fallen" ending for translation? I don't think co-fallen is an actual english word, is it?
I can see the roughly 3,000 Japanese characters being a tough part to overcome.

Yeah, co-fallen isn't really a know term. It doesn't sound very good in English either. In previous JSK games this ending would be called Corruption End. I'm not sure how it could be worded to mean two people being corrupted. I'll have to think about that.

flurki

Reputation score
Yeah, co-fallen isn't really a know term. It doesn't sound very good in English either. In previous JSK games this ending would be called Corruption End. I'm not sure how it could be worded to mean two people being corrupted. I'll have to think about that.
Thanks, I had a feeling that that term was weird. Anyways, there isn't much room on both the main menu card and the end screen card, I'd say it has to be around 4-5 characters at max (without 'End'). I was going for "Co-op End" for now, but that doesn't particularly imply that both characters are corrupted. Still, it may be the best option :/.

Delexicus

Reputation score
Thanks, I had a feeling that that term was weird. Anyways, there isn't much room on both the main menu card and the end screen card, I'd say it has to be around 4-5 characters at max (without 'End'). I was going for "Co-op End" for now, but that doesn't particularly imply that both characters are corrupted. Still, it may be the best option :/.
Co-op generally is an abreviation for cooperation. I don't think it would really work as an ending name. No offense. I was thinking about another angle to describe the ending. Perhaps LOST. A simple word that would describe what happened to the main characters humanity.

Icevail

Lurker
Reputation score
@flurki
@Delexicus

I'd suggest 'Enslaved End' for 'Co-fallen End', since both characters get caught by the demon in question, both become its slaves.

But that's just how I'd write it down as, 'Corrupted End' works quite well to replace 'Co-fallen'.

Delexicus

Reputation score
@flurki
@Delexicus

I'd suggest 'Enslaved End' for 'Co-fallen End', since both characters get caught by the demon in question, both become its slaves.

But that's just how I'd write it down as, 'Corrupted End' works quite well to replace 'Co-fallen'.
Enslaved does sound better, but it doesn't fit the four to five character limit Flurki said he has to deal with.

flurki

Reputation score
Thanks for the suggestions. I thought co-op would reflect their state of cooperating pretty good (or rather the player character cooperating with demon Miyui since he's no longer possessed).

Enslaved is a little bit problematic because of the size, and also because it can easily be confused with the rape/slave ending.

I kind of like the 'lost' idea... well, 'Lost End' could be misinterpreted, too, but I think it's still good.