What's new

JSK工房 Hgames Translation Thread

Icevail

Lurker
Reputation score
@flurki
@Delexicus

When you open the sidebar on bottom right, where the settings for the game are (music volume, image quality, etc), the bottom 'On / Off' choice shows guide to the game mechanics (where to lick/suck/grope/move clothes) and the explanations on the bars/gauge on mid-left.

Some of those guide texts are written vertically in Japanese as images/shapes instead of editable text lines.

Last edited:

Delexicus

Reputation score
@ Flurki That would be the three ovular text boxes on the left and the two green ones on the right. I have a pretty good guess as to what the two green ones on the right mean, but I would prefer to have someone who knows the language tell me to be sure.

Icevail

Lurker
Reputation score
@Delexicus

The Green ones have tooltip on bottom left when you move mouse over the handles (Left one lifts her legs up while the right one turns her around), the horizontal boxes on top are editable text boxes which I have already translated,
the Orange ones have no tooltip to explain what the what those bars/gauge mean.

Gauge = Affection/Trust
Right Bar = Interrogation Progress
Left Bar = Irene's Arousal

Last edited:

Delexicus

Reputation score
@Icevail

Thank you, I have the next week off from work so I plan on doing quite a bit of editing. Are there any other shapes that you would like edited or otherwise mucked around with?

Icevail

Lurker
Reputation score
@Delexicus

Nothing right now in this state of the translation, there might be something once I start polishing it.

Delexicus

Reputation score
@Icevail Okay, Keep me posted.

I finished the translated shape 571. I'm not quite happy that the number font isn't the same even though I used MS UI Gothic.

I'm having a little trouble saving the SVG file so I'll upload that later.

EDIT 1: Fixed the SVG problem. Updated Translated Texts MEGA Link.

Remove space after HTTPS://

https:// mega.nz/#F!Z0g0RKIR!wyf9N7D6Kd_9p6dLr71Qdg

EDIT 2: If you have the translation of the intro text I can pack it up into an SVG shape for you.

I just noticed that I misspelled Interrogation on the start button shape. I'll fix that up after my work shift.

EDIT 3: I used an online OCR to get raw text out of the intro shape file. Hope this helps.

単一国家による大陸統一
古来より紡がれる野心に、取り憑かれた皇帝がいた。
彼の野望を実現すべく、帝国は領土を拡げ始める。
考えうる、全ての手段を用いて。
周辺国は連合をなし、帝国の蛮行に対抗。
帝国と連合、初の大会戦は決着がつかず、
ここに事態は膠着したかに見えた。

程なくして、ある噴が流れた。
「皇帝は、事態を打開するために、
邪神復活の禁忌に触れよう匕している』
事実を確認するため、帝国要人誘拐を含む
いくつかの策が実行に移される。
その実行部隊の中に、
かつて帝国を放逐された男の姿があつた

EDIT 4: I fixed the spelling error for the start button and updated the files in the Mega Translated Text Folder.

Last edited:

flurki

Reputation score
Hey, nice work. Looks good. Why is there a circle instead of a 1 for the 16 age though?

Also, in the Miyui game there is a vertical text as well, and I just kept it vertical but moved the letters very close together so that it's still readable. It worked out alright in my opinion.

Delexicus

Reputation score
Hey, nice work. Looks good. Why is there a circle instead of a 1 for the 16 age though?

Also, in the Miyui game there is a vertical text as well, and I just kept it vertical but moved the letters very close together so that it's still readable. It worked out alright in my opinion.
I believe the reason JSK doesn't say the age directly is to not get in hot water with Dlsite or DMM about underage characters.

I'll have to see what voodoo I can perform on the vertical text boxes. Maybe you'll let me take a crack at Miyui's vertical text if the Irene stuff looks good enough.

Anyway, I need to get some rest. Tiring shift at work and all.

Delexicus

Reputation score
So I decided to go the Thesaurus route to get a good short word to replace affection/trust. I thought faith was a decent replacement. Now I just need to think of how to logically abbreviate Interrogation Progress... So far probe or audit is the closest synonym but that doesn't quite cut it. I have to think about it less from the synonyms angle and more from what the gauge needs to imply... Perhaps audit rate...

Last edited:

flurki

Reputation score
That's often times an issue that there's not enough space for longer english texts, yes. But have you thought about simply reducing the font size a little bit, so that fairly appropriate texts can still be placed on the buttons? :)

Anyways, about that age thing with the circle - I kind of have the same issue in the Miyui game, and she's even younger (14?). I'm not sure what to do with that text, yet... the circle seems weird, but specifying the age that explicitely is probably bad, too. Any suggestions?

Delexicus

Reputation score
That's often times an issue that there's not enough space for longer english texts, yes. But have you thought about simply reducing the font size a little bit, so that fairly appropriate texts can still be placed on the buttons? :)

Anyways, about that age thing with the circle - I kind of have the same issue in the Miyui game, and she's even younger (14?). I'm not sure what to do with that text, yet... the circle seems weird, but specifying the age that explicitely is probably bad, too. Any suggestions?

I have considered just making the text box two lines tall instead of one. I just like to consider as many options as possible before I start. It gives me a better feel for what is both possible and reasonable as a solution.
The Circle replacement does look a bit jarring, I'll admit. It's also what JSK has done on almost all his games to obscure the heroines full age. In this particular case we could refer to her school year. Let's see, 14... Working back that would be the 8th grade, or Middle school senior. I'm not sure if Japan's school ages are much different than ours. But since this is a translation, we can target the translation audiences personal experience. I hope that is a helpful suggestion. I'm sure we could brainstorm a few other ideas if you'd like more options.

EDIT 1: Looks like Japan has quite comparable age to grade scale compared to USA at least.

Last edited:

flurki

Reputation score
Hey, thanks for the research. So 8th grade would probably be fine. I'm still thinking about simply using the actual age that was meant though, since we also do a lot of other modifications already (translation, uncensoring, ...) and there is no selling site to upload it to. I'm not sure if the forum here would be fine with it, though.

Last edited:

Delexicus

Reputation score
My thinking on the matter would be to leave it vague since the rest of the writing in the game also keeps it that way. It's good to keep a consistent narrative and all. But yeah, ULMF does have a no Loli rule so best not to test it.

EDIT 1: This is just a kernel of an idea for now, but I kind of wanted to make the best English oriented mod of one of JSK's works and, very carefully and tactfully, show this mod to JSK. It would be great if he would make an about face on not making english versions of his games. Or at least even consider working with a translator. It would also be cool if we could get some of JSK's work on Steam now that they've dropped their mature content ban. All these considerations would make it a good idea to keep the age obscured. Again, this is still only a thought at this stage. But I'd like to keep the door open for the possibility.

EDIT 2: You got me thinking about what would be a decent analog to convey that a princess is 16 years old. I've looked up some rites of passage and a few are close. Most are centered around 20 year olds though. The ones that have younger rites of passage are generally from more tribal areas. I still need to do more research I think.

EDIT 3: Wikipedia has some interesting tidbits about Rites of passage. Especially the three stages of rites of passage. Separation, liminality, and incorporation. Liminality refers to the transition phase between childhood and adulthood, which I suppose would be middle adolescence (15 - 17 years old). If I could reword that a bit I think it would be a good fit for Princess Irene.

Last edited:

flurki

Reputation score
Wow, seems like you're planning a lot of things ;). Didn't know that your intention was to show finished versions to JSK. Also, steam would be possible now, but it still feels weird to have something like this on such a platform :eek:. I will not name 14 explicitely then... maybe *4 would do fine? Though I don't see much use in such light censoring, I mean no one would think that 24 is meant.

Still, I admire your attention for detail and perfectionism, kind of reminds me of myself. Keep in mind though that a lot of players who play Irene won't be familiar with the concept or types of rites of passage. Not everyone is doing wikipedia research prior to playing such a game :).

Delexicus

Reputation score
As they say, if you dream, dream big. Whether 24 is meant or not isn't as much of an issue as not explicitly saying what the ages are. You could always argue that she is wearing a college uniform instead of a primary school one. Plausible deniability is the name of the game. I agree that very few people will have an idea as to what Liminality refers to. Rites of adulthood on the other hand are more generally understood. Thanks for the comment about being a perfectionist. It has gotten me into trouble more than once, but it's a part of who I am and I'm not about to abandon that tendency without cause. If you are curious about the extent of that perfectionism, have a look at my one and only water cooled PC I built. Hint, I skipped the beginners and intermediate level builds.

EDIT 1: I've seen the other translators trying to court JSK, they've only provided a page of text in both Japanese and English. Not really much to impress JSK to do one thing or another. My hope is to wow him with our combined efforts, and show that there are people who are serious about being a translation partner, and not just some vulture looking to squeeze money out of JSK.

Last edited:

flurki

Reputation score
I see, well I'm curious what he has to say about a completely finished version then. The question is which game that will be then, seeing that neither Irene, Miyui nor Karen are that far advanced.

Regarding the age, I'm going with *4 for now. Main file is very close to finishing now, I'm just working on some dialogue follow ups which unfortunately are being reused for different dialogue choices and thus make no sense in some cases -.-. I'll have to think of some more "neutral" sentences here.

Your image of the pc is not working by the way ^^ I'm curious about it ;)

Edit: Now that I think of it, I would be VERY happy if JSK would actually do proper resource and localization management in his games. That means no text as images at all, and all localization strings being stored in one place, preferably even with description of the occurrence ingame. That would save so much work.

Delexicus

Reputation score
I see, well I'm curious what he has to say about a completely finished version then. The question is which game that will be then, seeing that neither Irene, Miyui nor Karen are that far advanced.

Regarding the age, I'm going with *4 for now. Main file is very close to finishing now, I'm just working on some dialogue follow ups which unfortunately are being reused for different dialogue choices and thus make no sense in some cases -.-. I'll have to think of some more "neutral" sentences here.

Your image of the pc is not working by the way ^^ I'm curious about it ;)

Edit: Now that I think of it, I would be VERY happy if JSK would actually do proper resource and localization management in his games. That means no text as images at all, and all localization strings being stored in one place, preferably even with description of the occurrence ingame. That would save so much work.
I fixed the Water cooled PC Link. I had it pointing to a picture instead of the album. I guess I'm not used to such quick correspondences.

EDIT 1: I remembered that I never finished captioning my build log. I'll have to put that on my to do list.

EDIT 2: Posted First Draft of Tutorial Button translation to IMGUR.

EDIT 3: Posted Second Draft Tutorial Button translation to IMGUR. The three left hand buttons are translated and placed.

EDIT 4: I had deeper look at the chain tutorial boxes and Texts 1444 and 959 will need to be removed. I will be placing the translated text directly on the tutorial box shapes so these texts will be redundant.

Last edited:

Icevail

Lurker
Reputation score
@Delexicus

The intro text rough translation:

Unification through conquest,
the Emperor became obsessed with this ambition and past glory.
To expand the borders of his Empire, he begun a massive, brutal
conquest, unification by any means necessary.
The neighboring countries formed Union to fight against the Empire.
The war reached stalemate soon after the battles begun.
In which it has remained until now.

But then the rumors begun to emerge.
"In order to break the stalemate, the Emperor plans to
resurrect the ancient Evil God to crush his enemies."
In order to find truth about the rumor, series of kidnappings
took place, in addition to other drastic measures.
Part of this kidnapping unit is a man,
who once served the Empire.

Delexicus

Reputation score
@Icevail
Thank you for the translation, do you know which words were highlighted in red in the original? I think applying a red font to the appropriate translated words would be a nice touch.

EDIT 1:

I did a polishing pass on the intro text. I hope I didn't stray from the translation meaning too much.

Continental unification through conquest,
the Emperor became obsessed
with this ambition and thoughts of ancient glory.

To expand the borders of his Empire, he begun a massive,
brutal conquest, unification by any means necessary.

The neighboring countries formed
a coalition to fight against the brutality of the Empire.

The war reached a stalemate soon after the battles begun.
In which it has remained to this day.

But then rumors began to emerge.
"In order to break the stalemate, the Emperor plans to
resurrect the ancient Evil God to crush his enemies."

In order to find the truth about this rumor,
a series of imperial abductions took place,
in addition to other drastic measures.

Part of this abduction unit is a man,
who was exiled from the Empire.

I'm not too keen on the term "Evil God". It just sounds too comical. I'll have to think a bit on something more fitting.

Last edited:

Icevail

Lurker
Reputation score
@Delexicus

"ambition"

"resurrect the ancient Evil God"

"kidnappings"

Those parts are in red.

Last edited: