What's new

JSK工房 Hgames Translation Thread

Icevail

Lurker
Reputation score
Update on 'Irene, The kidnapped princess' by JSK Studio.

I started reworking on the the translation today on the most recent version provided (bought from DLsite) by JSK.

Here is a recap estimate of what is translated, etc.

Story dialogue - 100%; All player choices and Irene's replies are translated.
Ending dialogue - 100%; Before and after sex dialogues are translated.
Interface - 95%; Only few buttons remain as they are, ones that I can't edit myself due to lack of know how.
Look command dialogue - 30%; lots of repeating dialogue scattered all over the place, so annoying.
Grope/Lick command dialogue - 30% ; same as above.
Sex scene dialogue - 10%; Scattered across all the SWF files in subfolder, I am going to hate completing this part, writing smut is not something I can do well.

Delexicus

Reputation score

I started reworking on the the translation today on the most recent version provided (bought from DLsite) by JSK.

Interface - 95%; Only few buttons remain as they are, ones that I can't edit myself due to lack of know how.
Look command dialogue - 30%; lots of repeating dialogue scattered all over the place, so annoying.
Sex scene dialogue - 10%; Scattered across all the SWF files in subfolder, I am going to hate completing this part, writing smut is not something I can do well.
@Icevail

What button shape numbers are you having trouble with? Perhaps I can help.

Last edited:

Sergaku

Reputation score

When you finish your translation do we have to buy it off the DSL site?

Icevail

Lurker
Reputation score
@Delexicus
Only the 'start game' button/shape at the main title and the intro text, the rest have been pretty much editable text files within the swf, I've ignored the vertical 'guide' texts as well since English wasn't build to be written like this;
l w
i r
k i
e t
t i
h n
i g
s
Like the Japanese kanji are.

@Sergaku
No, its totally a non-profit fan translation of the game, but it will be great if you support its creators by buying the game, then you should have clear conscience about using the translation I provide once its ready.

Last edited:

Delexicus

Reputation score
@Delexicus
Only the 'start game' button/shape at the main title and the intro text, the rest have been pretty much editable text files within the swf, I've ignored the vertical 'guide' texts as well since English wasn't build to be written like this;
l w
i r
k i
e t
t i
h n
i g
s
Like the Japanese kanji are.

@Sergaku
No, its totally a non-profit fan translation of the game, but it will be great if you support its creators by buying the game, then you should have clear conscience about using the translation I provide once its ready.
@Icevail

So that would be shape numbers 83, 93, 94, 95, 571, 851, 853, 855, 857, 963, 964, 965. I now have a bit of experience editing shapes and their bounds in Adobe Illustrator and JPEXS. The Start Button wasn't hard to replace. I figured out that you can change a text field into a shape by using the EXPAND command under the Object menu in Adobe Illustrator. I just need to know your Font and type sizing and I could help you with the other shapes. I have an idea for the guide buttons. They would need to have the shapes edited to be rotated and have their bounds altered though.

Superseded in post #128

Last edited:

Icevail

Lurker
Reputation score
@Delexicus

Yeah, that would be the case on the vertical guide texts, outside of my know how so badly I'd mistake the moon for a cheese if I had to make comparison, however, the hint texts that appear on bottom left, have the same purpose as those guide texts which can toggled on/off from the side menu for the most part, only the affection gauge, arousal & progress bars on mid-left are without hint tool tip, so first timers have no freaking idea what purpose those serve at first.

Also the shape #571 (Irene's name tag) do require change from "イリーナ ェステス" to "Irene Estes",
as for the topic related to font, I haven't made any changes to those, kept it as the stock one provided with the swf.

@fiendkingg

To my understanding, 'Karen, The Daughter of Martial Arts Plutocrat' was being crowd sourced, I have no idea of its progress or status,
nor can provide any information about it, but if its translation has stopped, I will move to that one once I am finished with my current translation project, should I have the time for it, if I don't the time for it, I will provide a polished partial for it so it will be playable to the very least.

Delexicus

Reputation score
@ Icevail

So I'm guessing that the text in the the bracket of shape #571 is supposed to lead us into thinking that Irene is 16 years old. Am I correct in that extrapolation? Also, The listed English Font in Irene is MS Gothic. Does this font look like the one you' re using?

EDIT 1: I'm not sure why but JSK decided to make the text outline for the start button a separate shape (#93). It would be quite difficult to make a separate shape to function as a properly spaced Bold outline, as well as getting the alignment right. I'm just going to make shape 93 transparent and add a black outline to shapes 94 and 95.

EDIT 2: Finished Start Button shapes. New Mega Link.

Remove space after HTTPS://
https:// mega.nz/#F!95p03YpC!P2qSpcu_D1m05gQXgNsbmA

EDIT 3:

The Meter gauges on the left won't be too difficult to reorient and replace. The Chain lifts on the right will take a bit more doing though. I think I'll have to define a few new shapes and slot them into the define sprite locations that reference shape #954. What words would you like the gauge texts and chains texts to display? I was thinking Forward Lift and Reverse Lift for the chains.

Last edited:

Icevail

Lurker
Reputation score
@Delexicus
Not just that between the brackets :unsure:, Irene clearly states in the dialogue, that she is 'too young' to understand or to know court politics, and the MC also mentions how much Irene's body has grown/matured in just one year between since they last met, its reasonable to assume she is 16 years old, and yes, the font is in MS Gothic :).

But I honestly don't know how to add/alter resources to the game files, adding new font is no brainer, but actual images, shapes and such, that's rocket science for me, even if I do the translation with JPEXS FFDEC >>;

flurki

Reputation score
It's actually not that hard. There is an option to replace images in JPEXS FFDEC. The difficult part is to create a proper vector based image file (svg) for import. It's also annoying when the original svg width/height has to be increased due to a longer english word/sentence. In that case, an import with new bounds and completely new alignment is necessary.

Btw I didn't assume that Irene would be that young :eek:

Delexicus

Reputation score
I don't really have much experience with adding new shapes either. Altering the shapes just took some time fiddling around in Adobe Illustrator. Remember that I never touched that program before September 9th this year. It's quite intuitive after you've spent some time with it. So far I've only altered existing shapes. But After I looked at the define sprite #980, I got a pretty good idea on what to do. Let's look at Define sprite #980 Frame one for a gist of what is going on with shape #954. Note that shape #954 is placed twice at depth nine and ten. If you expand the matrix tab you'll see the important bits are translate X and translate Y. These values tell where on screen that shape will be placed. If we go back to the Frame 1 branch, we can right click and add our own tag to the sprite. This way we could say, delete the second shape #954 at depth ten and replace it with the with Add Tag PlaceObject2 option to put a bigger or more horizontal text box in it's place. We can fiddle with the size of the shape with the Shape Bounds field under raw edit that is located on the DefineShape (#). We would have to alter the sprites for all the second instances that shape #954 are listed under. Look at the dependent Characters in the DefineShape (954) to see what sprites need to be edited, which would be Sprite numbers 980, 981, 1152, 1153, 1450, 1451. I think that's pretty much it. A lot of fiddling, but nothing that is really hard.

Last edited:

flurki

Reputation score
Yep, it's mostly tedious work. Now you know what I'm spending most of my time with the Miyui translation with :)

Delexicus

Reputation score
@flurki, Icevail

I was wondering if either of you found my hex editor transplant idea helpful. I'm pretty sure I could make it work.

Icevail

Lurker
Reputation score
@Delexicus

Too technical for me to fully understand, but if I got the gist of it, it means that hex thing would save time / make translating, updating and altering resources within the swf file easier, if it works.

Delexicus

Reputation score
It's a bit frustrating that I'm not explaining the procedures well enough to be easily understood. I occasionally do computer repair work and that was always the most frustrating part of the job. Not the repair work itself, but breaking down the instructions so my customers could understand and replicate my fixes.

No offence Icevail, I just really want for you to be able to understand what I'm saying.

Icevail

Lurker
Reputation score
@Delexicus

Don't lose your sleep over it, I am quite difficult case to fill technical details in with, similar to math, it just goes through my head without me understanding a damn word about it, but if it works, its good enough for me :ROFLMAO:.

Last edited:

flurki

Reputation score
@flurki, Icevail

I was wondering if either of you found my hex editor transplant idea helpful. I'm pretty sure I could make it work.
Thanks, that hex editor stuff will be tested once my translation work with the main file is done (maybe by upgrading it to the new version JSK released?). It won't be too long now until I will release the main file.

Delexicus

Reputation score
It has been quite awhile since I played Irene. Would either of you be so kind as to tell me what the tutorial boxes say from left to right please. I have some free time and I wanted to tackle the SVG tutorial box editing on Irene.

flurki

Reputation score
Which tutorial boxes do you mean? I haven't played Irene in a while. Also Icevail probably knows a little bit more about that one ^^