What's new

JSK工房 Hgames Translation Thread

Delexicus

Reputation score
Hi, first time typing in this thread. I am having a problem here with Latina. I was playing around with the JSK Parser, I was able to deconstruct it and tried editing the text but whenever I tried recompiling it, the text doesn't go to the correct scene. Example, I edited a text from H-D-1, after recompiled, that particular text went to end1, end2, end3 and end4, leaving H-D-1 untouch. Anyone having this issue?
Were you editing the lines that were bracketed by stars? E.G.

*****example translation here*****

If so then you were editing duplicate entries. If you edit the entries that do not have stars bracketing them, then you can use the "fix duplicates" option in the parser to populate all the stared duplicates.

johnro

Reputation score
Hi, first time typing in this thread. I am having a problem here with Latina. I was playing around with the JSK Parser, I was able to deconstruct it and tried editing the text but whenever I tried recompiling it, the text doesn't go to the correct scene. Example, I edited a text from H-D-1, after recompiled, that particular text went to end1, end2, end3 and end4, leaving H-D-1 untouch. Anyone having this issue?
It might be a bit confusing using the FFDEC tool, you might want to open only and only the .swf file you want to edit. Sometimes you might actually paste your translation in the wrong file because of this, I've been there too, but can't quite tell you exactly what happened.

Delexicus

Reputation score
It might be a bit confusing using the FFDEC tool, you might want to open only and only the .swf file you want to edit. Sometimes you might actually paste your translation in the wrong file because of this, I've been there too, but can't quite tell you exactly what happened.
I think CombutibleRoti is referring to Tengux's JAVA GUI parser.

Delexicus

Reputation score
Before I forget. @Asleep asked what tools we use to translate JSK's games. I'll run down the list.

1.) FFDEC

A great JAVA based GUI Flash decompiler. It allows you to edit most, if not all, of the Japanese found in the games. Be that text entries, SVG shapes, Font files, Sprites, or even game logic by editing the action scripts. The down side is that it can be clunky or dangerous to use for certain types of edits.

2.) Tengux's JAVA GUI Text Parser

This GUI based tool allows you to easily extract, edit, and then recompile game texts. When you do an extract operation, it outputs a CSV file. This can be loaded into any cell based program or web app. It is particularly useful when loaded into Google Sheets. This way you can share access to your uploaded file so multiple people can help translate at a time. You also can use some fancy cell logic operations to get a quick machine translation banged out for reference.

e.g.
Here's a simple formula to do a Google translate on a cell.

=googletranslate(K2,"Ja","En")

Enter that formula into the second row cell of your choosing. Then just highlight the entire column, deselect the top cell, then hit control + D. That will fill down the entire column with the formula, it will auto increment the K2 value all the way down. It will take a while for Google Translate to catch up. This allows you to translate the entire sheet at once.

3.) Donocad's Linux parser

This bash prompt based parser allows you to extract and import text that is stored in simple TXT files. It also has a duplicate line detection function as well. Quite a bit slower than Tengux's parser, but useful if you prefer to do your editing in a standard word processing program like Notepad++.

4.) HEX editor

Not used very often due to it's cumbersome nature. It still has it's uses when doing more esoteric maneuvers. Specifically, it allows you to insert new shape IDs in the middle of the SWF files. This is needed since if you try inserting a new shape ID with FFDEC, it will place the new ID at the end of the file. SWF's don't like this very much. If the end of file shape is needed while the rest of the SWF is running closer to the center of the SWF file, the end of file shape will fail to load. By using FFDEC Hex Dump view, we can determine where in the file to insert a new shape between other relevant shapes. But some steps need to be taken first before that edit can succeed.

5.) JSK Codec

This was my little experiment into making a simple GUI based program to get at FFDEC command line operations with menu based commands. The Codec based in ancient (1983) Windows Batch script. A poor choice overall, but one I had some familiarity with already from my DOS gaming days. It's mostly obsolete now, but it does have a few nice functions. specifically, it allows you to de/compress the SWF files. You may not know this, but SWFs are zipped internally. If you tried to do a HEX edit on a zipped SWF, it would look like garbage data.

6.) Adobe Illustrator/ InkScape

These programs are used to edit shape files (SVGs). Some of the Japanese in JSK's games are not stored as standard text. Instead they are stored as Scalable Vector Graphic files (SVG). A whole discipline in and of itself. Editing these shapes can be a daunting task for those unfamiliar with vector graphics editing. The plus side is that once you get the hang of it, you can really spice up the game in other ways. Since almost all the graphics in JSK's games are stored as SVG files, you can mod things like the character's skin color, clothes, weapons, add translation credits to the screen of your choosing, completely revamp the skill tree screen, Make a fancy game logo, and so many other things. So long story short, sharp learning curve, master level game manipulation.

EDIT 1) I added this info to the JSK Community Guide for easy reference. It's in a new section called Translation Tools 101.

Last edited:

Tengux

Reputation score
It left H-D-1 completely untouched? Hmh, I can't say why it is that it can parse the file, but not edit it since the process is very similar, unless the file is tagged to read-only, though that would probably just make the application go "BLA!" and fall on its face.
It sounds like there is a bug in JSK Parser that means that it is parsing the new game incorrectly, most likely there are also some text in the new game that the parser ignores since JSK most likely extended his game with new text boxes and game mechanics with text as he generally does between games.
I'm so sorry that I have not been able to update the parser over the last 4 months, and with everything going on, it will probably be another 3 months before I can update and fix the parser.

Last edited:

Delexicus

Reputation score
It left H-D-1 completely untouched? Hmh, I can't say why it is that it can parser the file, but not edit it since the progress is very similar, unless the file is tagged to read-only though that would probably just make the application go "BLA!" and fall on its face.
It sounds like there is a bug in JSK Parser that means that it is parsing the new game incorrectly, most likely there are also some text in the new game that the parser ignores since JSK most likely extended his game with new text boxes and game mechanics with text as he generally does between games.
I'm so sorry that I have not been able to update the parser over the last 4 months, and with everything going on, it will probably be another 3 months before I can update and fix the parser.
Now now, no apologies for living your life. Your work you've given freely has been more than generous.

CombustibleRoti

Reputation score
I think CombutibleRoti is referring to Tengux's JAVA GUI parser.
Yes, I'm using Tengux's JAVA GUI parser. Yeah I think it might be the new game problem, but I have to try it on some previous games first. Anyway, Tengux your GUI parser is really amazing, before that I was using notepad++, after discovering your work, it's a whole new world for me lol.

Kiava

Reputation score
hi guys, i don't know if this is the right place but playing the icevail translation of latina i may have found a bug. In title screen when i try to select any of scenes that i have unlocked it appear only a withe screen, i try to wiev the scenes on other versions ( untraslated) of the game and it works fine.

Delexicus

Reputation score
hi guys, i don't know if this is the right place but playing the icevail translation of latina i may have found a bug. In title screen when i try to select any of scenes that i have unlocked it appear only a withe screen, i try to wiev the scenes on other versions ( untraslated) of the game and it works fine.
I assume that you are referring to the partial translation of Latina. This is because the translation for the sub files has not been released yet. You can take the sub files from the untranslated game, and copy them into the same directory as the partially translated main SWF file. That should get you a fully operational, if not translated, game.

Asleep

Reputation score
Before I forget. @Asleep asked what tools we use to translate JSK's games. I'll run down the list.

1.) FFDEC

A great JAVA based GUI Flash decompiler. It allows you to edit most, if not all, of the Japanese found in the games. Be that text entries, SVG shapes, Font files, Sprites, or even game logic by editing the action scripts. The down side is that it can be clunky or dangerous to use for certain types of edits.

6.) Adobe Illustrator/ InkScape

These programs are used to edit shape files (SVGs). Some of the Japanese in JSK's games are not stored as standard text. Instead they are stored as Scalable Vector Graphic files (SVG). A whole discipline in and of itself. Editing these shapes can be a daunting task for those unfamiliar with vector graphics editing. The plus side is that once you get the hang of it, you can really spice up the game in other ways. Since almost all the graphics in JSK's games are stored as SVG files, you can mod things like the character's skin color, clothes, weapons, add translation credits to the screen of your choosing, completely revamp the skill tree screen, Make a fancy game logo, and so many other things. So long story short, sharp learning curve, master level game manipulation.

EDIT 1) I added this info to the JSK Community Guide for easy reference. It's in a new section called Translation Tools 101.
Thanks a lot for this! The first guy who replied to me was very rude and laughed at me for asking a "simple" question...

So, I've begun translation today using FFDEC. I found some of the texts but I cannot find the dialogues. Are the in-game dialogues stored in SVG too? Texts like "ストーリーモード1" seems stored in SVG file.

Delexicus

Reputation score
Thanks a lot for this! The first guy who replied to me was very rude and laughed at me for asking a "simple" question...

So, I've begun translation today using FFDEC. I found some of the texts but I cannot find the dialogues. Are the in-game dialogues stored in SVG too? Texts like "ストーリーモード1" seems stored in SVG file.
I'm sorry that Icevail was short with you. I don't think he meant any harm by it. Some of the ULMF moderators can be strict about which thread the translation related posts go.

In game dialogues are stored in the action scripts. I'd suggest running Tengux's GUI parser first. Even if you don't use the CSV file it creates for translating in a Google Sheet. The Sheet will list out the action script files that have game text in them.

Last edited:

Asleep

Reputation score
I'm sorry that Icevail was short with you. I don't think he meant any harm by it. Some of the ULMF moderators can be strict about which thread the translation related posts go.

In game dialogues are stored in the action scripts. I'd suggest running Tengux's GUI parser first. Even if you don't use the CSV file it creates for translating in a Google Sheet. The Sheet will list out the action script files that have game text in them.
Thanks, I finally found the dialogues on AS. I'll post some progress tomorrow after I wake up.

johnro

Reputation score
Hello everyone, I'd like to say I've finished translating the scenes from the DevilElf game and I've uploaded it to the MEGA Folder.
I'd like to thank Icevail for letting me use his main file. I haven't translated any buttons, but all the dialogues should be translated and the scenes uncensored thanks to the 04-01 update uncensored version.
There might be some nonsensical english here and there, because I think my english might have been infected by the machine translation english.
Anyway, have fun!

LuffyOwnsU

Reputation score
Hello everyone, I'd like to say I've finished translating the scenes from the DevilElf game and I've uploaded it to the MEGA Folder.
I'd like to thank Icevail for letting me use his main file. I haven't translated any buttons, but all the dialogues should be translated and the scenes uncensored thanks to the 04-01 update uncensored version.
There might be some nonsensical english here and there, because I think my english might have been infected by the machine translation english.
Anyway, have fun!
I can't find it, I downloaded the newest game and it's the Little Devil game.

Am I going to the wrong link?

johnro

Reputation score
I can't find it, I downloaded the newest game and it's the Little Devil game.

Am I going to the wrong link?
It's not the Little Devil game, you should be looking for the "Will the Demon King survive the Elven Knight" game.
Maybe you're looking for it in the wrong MEGA folder?

johnro

Reputation score
So, I noticed I actually uploaded an incomplete translated main file under my folder. I've corrected that and copied Icevail's translated main file in it.

Icevail

Lurker
Reputation score
What? Has someone asked me something? When? I haven't received any PM's aside from you or Jbro lately. :unsure:
And I certainly won't laugh at questions if that was pointed out at me. :eek:

EDIT;

@Asleep

There is a whole thread for this kind of questions. 🤣
Had to do some search in JSK thread to find that one, yeah, this thread is where we talk about translation related stuff, we've been chewed more than few times doing it in JSK main thread by mods, sorry if I did not point it out more clearly. 😖

I did not mean to mock or anything with my earlier comment.

@johnro

No need to thank me, glad it was of some use.

Last edited: