What's new

Kathy's Legend of Zelda CYOA

Re: Kathy's Legend of Zelda CYOA

[Heh, yes it should :p Don't worry, this isn't the end of the game, but you may have to wait until after Xmas for an update.]

Like the day after possibly........ pretty please? (puppy dog eyes)

One could suggest that we carry a fairie in a bottle for this specific of a situation. well maybe not stuck in a house with nasty spiders but a fairie in a bottle would really prevent the bad sudden death endings from showing up

WOAH O,o that's brutals! Need more revival tools next time to avoid this! Or more fire!

Restore the hearts before try to kill something will also help us to avoid this

Must... resist... ranting... until... Kathy... has... finished... the... update...

Ah, screw it, since so many other people have posted.

Ew... talk about a boner-killer. I guess I can take solace in knowing I did NOT vote for that.

So, question for you, Kathy. What factored into Link getting her first game over:

A) Low starting health (30%)
B) Underleveled for the encounter
C) Bad luck with the dice
D) The NC-votes
or E) All of the above?

I also wanna know, of all those people who voted for E3 as the first action, how many of you actually considered these points? Particularly points A and B? :mad:
One could suggest that we carry a fairie in a bottle for this specific of a situation. well maybe not stuck in a house with nasty spiders but a fairie in a bottle would really prevent the bad sudden death endings from showing up
Link HAS an empty bottle, after she drank the potion within at an opportune moment. I'm SURE I've mentioned trying to find SOMETHING to fill it with. :mad:

(i also dont vote for that)

I bet for A and C

Well, there's my nightmare fuel for the day...

And yeah, wondering the same thing as lurker. What caused that ending exactly?...

i also like the ending... until the Gore part, after read it i have it in my mind every time i went to the bathroom the last two days :(

*Shrugs*

Regardless, the endings get
ayhgah9zqaze9t1awupa9mm.gif
out of 5 : D

(Since everyone is asking.

Every encounter I have vague ideas of how a gameover might play out. If Link is merely beaten around badly, but doesn't run out of hearts, then any near-defeat situation is far milder and she can typically walk away from it. Running out of hearts in a bad situation is a surefire way to get a particularly bad end.

The encounter itself I would've made sexual and raunchy even without the gameover (due to NC vote), but I adjusted it to a "bad end" approach when the rolls said she lost the fight.

fyi, the spiders were 4 levels below Link. Which meant she hit (and killed) any spider on a 6 or above out of 20. And spiders needed rolls of 16 or above out of 20 to hit her. So yes, it was a string of VERY bad rolls to boot.

Updates when I feel like it, holidays are still stressful here.

P.S. Anyone who thought it was too brutal or too much. Too bad, I gave warnings just for that reason. Next time, listen to said warnings.)

((Mind you, I didn't find it to be 'that' brutal. Given that I'm an avid Umineko/Higurashi fan, I've seen worse. But it's nice to know that we were mainly screwed over by a series of horrible rolls :p))

Im still crossing my fingers for a December 26th update. :D Even though I havent voted or anything I do enjoy reading this little project.

No complaints here, might remind some people that we have health for a reason. Though now I'm all curious what a chu chu, likelike and stalchild bad ending would be like.

I realized we did, but I was hoping the grind for stuff would come first, hopefully hitting a heart along the way.

P.S. Anyone who thought it was too brutal or too much. Too bad, I gave warnings just for that reason. Next time, listen to said warnings.)
I found it "brutal", yes. But I'm not complaining that it was written that way. Given the "game-over" situation, and the opponents she was facing, I'm not surprised it was written so bloodily, and I appreciate the warning.

I'm just bitching that she got a "game-over" at all. That Link was idiot enough to go after a monster NEST when she was (effectively) staggering and lightheaded from blood loss. Arrgh, stupid vote!
I realized we did, but I was hoping the grind for stuff would come first, hopefully hitting a heart along the way.
... The whole purpose of this vote was to decide what kind of grinding Link did. Not the activity she did AFTER grinding, the activity she did TO grind.

YOUR vote said Link'd attack the Spider Hut first, followed by the Pirate Fortress, in both cases with a nonconsensual tag added. No stops for rest, no random bush-slashing, no random monster-smacking, no in-town shopping or downtime, before, during, or after.

What - did you think you'd be outvoted? That everybody else would be sensible enough to vote in a rest-action? Your vote said, assuming Link didn't get ganked at the Spider Hut, she'd've gone into the Pirate Fortress with NO healing except any lucky random pickups - of which we can reasonably expect few or none.

yes, but I can READ.

Most people before me had a d vote of some sort, which is where the hunting took place. I wasn't about to split the vote and I knew some D would show up.

It's the difference between thinking my votes will be the automatic winners or seeing other people vote.

yes, but I can READ.

Most people before me had a d vote of some sort, which is where the hunting took place. I wasn't about to split the vote and I knew some D would show up.

It's the difference between thinking my votes will be the automatic winners or seeing other people vote.
Apparently you can read but not follow logic. Let's consider JUST the first vote, as in the first action Link takes:
DeMatt: C4
Random_Knight777: B3
Darkboy: B3-NC
Keylo: B3
xivvix: D3
Archer: E1
ToxicShock: B3-NC
fanta23: E2​
People either specified "in this order" with that vote first, or didn't specify an order at all. Guess what the first action turned out to be.

RK voted B3 first specifically. Darkboy and Keylo both agreed wholeheartedly. There were only five D-votes, one as the third activity, three as the second, and one as the first activity; versus four B3 votes, all the first activity. You didn't specify an order, or indeed more than two actions... and you tell me that you assumed that everyone else's second and third votes would carry greater weight than your first?

If you WANTED a rest action, a more basic grind action, or anything else first, you should have VOTED it first. SPLIT the vote if you must! DON'T assume "what other people vote" is actually going to result in what YOU want to happen, ESPECIALLY when YOU don't vote in its favour!

Back