What's new

RPG RPG Maker Loli [色仕掛けまとめブログ / irojikake matome] サキュバス戦記 /Succubus Senki (RJ246337 / RE246337)

Giratena

Translator Succubus
Reputation score
I looked into it a bit too, but found that there are currently no tools to translate SRPG Studio games, and the SRPG Studio itself doesn't let you load a finished game either.
From the looks of it, you would need to decrypt the data file and then edit/translate it with a hex editor. ( )
The only tool that comes up on search doesn't support text extracting: ( )
Ah that's a real shame. SRPG doesn't get much attention at present so it's understandable.

Thanks for looking into it!

OP
zyxxz

zyxxz

Reputation score
Ah that's a real shame. SRPG doesn't get much attention at present so it's understandable.

Thanks for looking into it!
It seems like there was an update for SRPG. It is now possible to do multi-languages. The developer released the full text of the game for those interested.

Attachments

Pummels2

Lurker
Reputation score
"SRPGStudioがアップデートしたおかげで、以前から構想していた本編の翻訳が実験ができるようになりました。外国語のできる方で翻訳に協力してくださるご親切な方がいれば、実験にご協力くださると助かります。
興味のある方は、以下のテキストをダウンロードしていただいて、試しにCh1の翻訳をお願いします。翻訳後のテキストを、TwitterのDMやCI-enのメッセージ機能などを使って、送ってくだされば翻訳されたテキストをゲーム内で表示することができます。

実験してうまく行くようであれば、いずれは製品版にFansubとしてその言語のパッチを同梱してみようかと考えています。ご一考ください。"
Developer Ci-En post ( )

The developer is basically saying that anyone wanting to do fan translation can try to make one for him. He released the script lines that are on the above post and asked for the translated chapter 1 lines to see how SRPG Studio handles the translation. If it works (and whoever did the translation is willing to work more, I presume) then he can make a fan translation patch that's included with the actual release. The translated script can be sent to him with Twitter DM or Ci-En message.

I looked at how SRPG Studio handles it and it seems to use Resources -> Text File Import/Export to do the translation. The game script can be dropped into this and then you can find the lines shown on Tools -> Events. The script files are just txt-files, so you can just change them and check how it shows on the SRPG Studio.

Note: What the developer gave away was just the text script so it can't be used to patch the released version of the game since we don't have access to the rest of the game files.

So you can pretty much make a fan translation and the developer is willing to include it with the game.

Giratena

Translator Succubus
Reputation score
Thanks guys, both of you! This honestly sounds perfect. I'm very prepared to do this, especially if it means more people enjoying this amazing, well written game.
Super looking forward to doing it ^^

Just to get some input on what the translation should end up as, do you think people would prefer a "localized translation" (Meanings flow better at the cost of 1:1 accuracy and speed), or a "direct translation" (Faster, but may sound less natural, as well as some meanings may being lost)?

Last edited:

TravoltaLizardon

Reputation score
I think it would be reasonable to believe that most people would prefer the "localized translation" that you describe, but I would not be opposed to any alternative that makes your own life easier. Too many translators have gone AWOL in the middle of translations an it would suck if this was another one of those games.

Whichever choice allows you to better commit to the project, and complete it, would probably be in everyone's best interest.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Thanks guys, both of you! This honestly sounds perfect. I'm very prepared to do this, especially if it means more people enjoying this amazing, well written game.
Super looking forward to doing it ^^

Just to get some input on what the translation should end up as, do you think people would prefer a "localized translation" (Meanings flow better at the cost of 1:1 accuracy and speed), or a "direct translation" (Faster, but may sound less natural, as well as some meanings may being lost)?
I think you should do whatever makes you happy really. You don't owe anyone here anything in terms of a translation and aren't beholden to them.

Giratena

Translator Succubus
Reputation score
Update time:

Chapter 1 is mostly done, however, the enemy death temptation scenes + game over scenes are significantly longer and may take more time.

The script dump is kind of janky; I have no idea what the textbox boundaries are, my text spacing is essentially guess work at the moment.
Also, some special characters like the heart characters "<3" show up and '?' on my editor. This is confusing because this question mark is the normal question mark used for normal text; the currently used question mark is the one used Japanese text, which of cause is different.

The main characters names are currently being translated the following way:
レイー (Rai-) -> Ray (The main character)
ノブ (Nobu) -> Nobus ("The muscle" Tank guy)
ユミル (Yumiru) -> Miles (The childhood friend)

Ray is a direct translation, and I added an 's' to the end of Nobus' name to make it sound more western and medieval. Miles was a special case, his Japanese name is quite different and has no easy translatable English equivalent, so I opted for a complete name change, choosing something that would represent his quick, but supportive nature.

There's tons of enemy dialogue variation, and the H-Events are rather long too. There's actually waay more dialogue than I expected as well, but otherwise translation progress is going smoothly.

Last edited:

Giratena

Translator Succubus
Reputation score
Hey everyone! The chapter 1 translation is finished! I'll put the message I'm planing to send to the developer here:

"I'm so happy to be translating your game! The seduction style is greatly executed.

I apologies for any bad Japanese. I'm better at translating than speaking, and have gotten a friend to proofread and translate this message I'm sending you.
I've translated so far chapter 1, and the enemies within.

I have some remarks to make about the translation progress:
- The [heart mark] symbols show up and [?] on my computer, so I have left them as is for now. Real question marks are placed in Japanese font.
- No idea what the textbox dimensions are. What is currently present is just a guess and may not display correctly
- Things like menus I couldn't translate as I could not find the dialogue for them.

I hope you'll consider doing a English Translation with me! I would love to further discuss about the future of this project.

Have a great day, and Looking forward to hearing from you!"

zyxxz will be helping me translate this message into Japanese to send to the developer, hopefully this translation project works out!
I'll try and send him a message on Ci-En.

Last edited:

Pummels2

Lurker
Reputation score
Hey everyone! The chapter 1 translation is finished! I'll put the message I'm planing to send to the developer here:

"I'm so happy to be translating your game! The seduction style is greatly executed.

I apologies for any bad Japanese. I'm better at translating than speaking, and have gotten a friend to proofread and translate this message I'm sending you.
I've translated so far chapter 1, and the enemies within.

I have some remarks to make about the translation progress:
- The [heart mark] symbols show up and [?] on my computer, so I have left them as is for now. Real question marks are placed in Japanese font.
- No idea what the textbox dimensions are. What is currently present is just a guess and may not display correctly
- Things like menus I couldn't translate as I could not find the dialogue for them.

I hope you'll consider doing a English Translation with me! I would love to further discuss about the future of this project.

Have a great day, and Looking forward to hearing from you!"

zyxxz will be helping me translate this message into Japanese to send to the developer, hopefully this translation project works out!
I'll try an send him a message on Ci-En.
The textbox dimensions looked to be 40 English characters on 3 lines (Note that Japanese characters take more space). The engine seems to understand how to automatically line break and start new message even if you went over (picture below). I tested this with just line with a character portrait, so non-character portrait and different types of message might have different dimensions, but the engine seems to be able to automatically handle them.
The *-character in the text appears to break messages, eg. you want a single message box to have 1-2 lines instead of full 3. There's also some **-characters that break messages too, but no idea why there's 2 of them.

Last edited:

pepez

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I just finished the game, it was worth the wait IMO. The best thing to read it was, as I mentioned in another thread, .
Here are my thoughts:
I tried play this with Capture2Text. But everytime i try translate text. Its translate it gibberish=JJLLIKKJJ etc.. Can you help me :) what i have to do?

OP
zyxxz

zyxxz

Reputation score

I'll try and send him a message on Ci-En.
I wrote up a sample message:

こんにちは、

サキュバス戦記のファンでして、ぜひともあなたのゲームを英語に翻訳したいと思います。 まずは最初の章を翻訳してみました!

私が遭遇した問題がいくつかあります:
- 抽出されたのテキストの中で[❤]記号は[?]として表示しています。この解釈が合っているのか分かりません。
- ゲーム内メニューのテキストが見つかりませんでした。 だから、メニューは翻訳されていません。

私の翻訳を気に入っていただけたらと思います。 このプロジェクトについてさらに議論できれば幸いです。

お返事楽しみにしています!

I made some changes to the content as I think it's better to add a bit of introduction at the start. I also removed the part about not being good at Japanese. The developer doesn't need to know that bit, at least, not now lol

EDIT: The heart symbol keeps turning into an emoji on this forum. When you send the message, just paste in the heart unicode.

Last edited:

Giratena

Translator Succubus
Reputation score
The textbox dimensions looked to be 40 English characters on 3 lines (Note that Japanese characters take more space). The engine seems to understand how to automatically line break and start new message even if you went over (picture below). I tested this with just line with a character portrait, so non-character portrait and different types of message might have different dimensions, but the engine seems to be able to automatically handle them.
The *-character in the text appears to break messages, eg. you want a single message box to have 1-2 lines instead of full 3. There's also some **-characters that break messages too, but no idea why there's 2 of them.
Appreciate the info! I used to translate RPG VX Ace maker games from Japanese -> English, and quickly noticed that the text-limit was small, and the engine couldn't handle extended textboxes.
However, the number of characters present in that box is a very good sign, and the ability to extend message boxes is something that will certainly help presentation. It also means the translation won't be limited to the textboxes, which will make the translation flow a lot better. I was aware that this might be the case from looking at the script, but this confirms it. Thanks!

I wrote up a sample message:

こんにちは、

サキュバス戦記のファンでして、ぜひともあなたのゲームを英語に翻訳したいと思います。 まずは最初の章を翻訳してみました!

私が遭遇した問題がいくつかあります:
- 抽出されたのテキストの中で[❤]記号は[?]として表示しています。この解釈が合っているのか分かりません。
- ゲーム内メニューのテキストが見つかりませんでした。 だから、メニューは翻訳されていません。

私の翻訳を気に入っていただけたらと思います。 このプロジェクトについてさらに議論できれば幸いです。

お返事楽しみにしています!

I made some changes to the content as I think it's better to add a bit of introduction at the start. I also removed the part about not being good at Japanese. The developer doesn't need to know that bit, at least, not now lol

EDIT: The heart symbol keeps turning into an emoji on this forum. When you send the message, just paste in the heart unicode.
Excellent, this is perfect beyond words. Thank you very much!
While I believe sending a private message to him via Ci-En is most likely the best option, I can't find the option on the site. Any ideas?
Otherwise, I'll send him a DM with this along with the translation and see what he has to say.

Last edited:
OP
zyxxz

zyxxz

Reputation score
While I believe sending a private message to him via Ci-En is most likely the best option, I can't find the option on the site. Any ideas?
Otherwise, I'll send him a DM with this along with the translation and see what he has to say.
Go to your account on Ci-En, and then click on メッセージ, then click 支援中のクリエイター. You should be able to find the developer under 支援中のみ or フォロー if you followed or supported him before.

Pummels2

Lurker
Reputation score
I tried play this with Capture2Text. But everytime i try translate text. Its translate it gibberish=JJLLIKKJJ etc.. Can you help me :) what i have to do?
Have you set the OCR-Language to be Japanese? This can be changed in the taskbar icon from the lower-right corner.

Giratena

Translator Succubus
Reputation score
Original Message:
ありがとうございます!翻訳への協力大変うれしいです。
1.「❤」記号の件は中国語翻訳の時にも問題になっており、SRPGStudio側にアップデートしてもらって対策を行いました。ch1については受け取ったファイルの「?」を変換することでゲーム内では❤として表示します。ch2以降については訂正版のテキストをお渡しするので、そちらを翻訳してください。
訂正版のテキスト:
サキュバス戦記_テキスト.zip (1.10MB)

1. ゲーム内メニューについてはtxtとして出力できないため、こちらで直接打ち込む必要があります。翻訳語の単語を教えていただければそれを打ち込みます(ex. 攻撃 >>Attack)。アイテムの名前や効果についての翻訳は、今のSRPGStudioの機能だと少々難しいかもしれません。
3.翻訳前のテキストに「村娘:上」のようにあるときはこれを変えないでください。この文字がどのface graphicを使うかの指示になっているので、これを変えてしまうと顔がおかしくなります。
ここは元のままにしておいてください。名前の翻訳を示してくれれば、こちらで直接データに打ち込みます。
現在中国語の翻訳の過程で、enemyeventのtextのimportが、SRPGStudioのバグでうまくできないことが判明しています。これのバグ修正を公式にお願いしていますので、それが済み次第、ch1翻訳バージョンのゲームデータをお渡しできると思います。3の件だけ修正して、アップロードをお願いします。そのあとはSRPGStudio側の対応に2、3日かかると思いますので、しばらくお待ちください。

I have some great news everyone! I've just had word from the game developer, who has approved of the translation. Which makes this official! Below is the message I've translated from the developer, and above is his original message. The Developer seems very interactive, and replies to many comments on his Ei-Cn page.

Some things I'd like to point out:
1. There is also a Chinese translation for this game underway. Because of this, some of the issues like the [?] symbol was noticed and has since been fixed. The English translation will need to be rewritten with this in mind.
2. SRPGStudio currently has some bugs that prevent some of the translations from working. They are currently asking them to be fixed.
3. Some things in game are harder to translate, and must be done manually, these are things such as items and descriptions, menus, and character names. This would need to be done manually.
4. Once SRPGStudio gets back to them with a fix, along with an updated English script, the developer will be able to send us Chapter 1 of the game translated.

I'd like to thank zyxxz for his help writing the message to the developer. I feel like this certainly made things much easier communication wise.
It's also become apparent that this project may be larger than I had initially realized. If anyone feels willing to step up to help with things like proofreading (which requires no Japanese knowledge), or translating other aspects of the game. That would certainly speed up the progress of this translation and certainly help a lot! If anyone else has more ideas on optimizing this misfit 'official' English translation please let me know ^^

Thank you very much! I'm immensely happy to be working with you on translation.

1. The 「❤」 symbol was a problem at during the Chinese translation too, and SRPG studio have since fixed it with an update.
You'll notice that the 「?」 as been changed to ❤ as displayed in game. When translating chapter 2 and on-wards, please use corrected script here.

Corrected script:
サキュバス戦記_テキスト.zip (1.10MB)

2. In-game menus cannot be output as txt, so you'll need to address them here. If you let me know of a translated word, I'll fix it accordingly (Eg. 攻撃 -> "Attack").
The translation of item names and descriptions might be a little tricky to do right now in SPRGStudio.

3. Don't change the 「村娘:上」 text before the translation.
This text is used to indicate the character portraits, so when
you change this the faces become strange.

Leave them here as is. If you give me a translated name, I'll insert them into the game files directly.

Currently during the translation to Chinese, we've noticed SRPGStudio bugs that prevent the importing of enemyevent text (seduction text during enemy attacks) from going smoothly.
We are formally asking these bugs to be fixed, but as soon as it's complete I think we should be able to send you the translated version of chapter 1.
I'd like to request an upload with just those three things corrected.

After that, it should usually take 2-3 days for SRPG Studio to respond, so please wait a bit until then.

Attachments

Last edited:

Giratena

Translator Succubus
Reputation score
Sorry for the double post.

After I've made amendments to the English Translation as indicated by the developer, I'll release the translation script in it's current state for people to proofread or otherwise check out.
Hope everyone has a wonderful day ^^

EDIT: The Ch1 translation is included below.

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
zyxxz

zyxxz

Reputation score
Congrats! Good luck with the translations. Also, I think you should create a separate thread for this.

HappyEggplant

Reputation score
Does anyone know what was added in the new update apart from the voices and the new map?