What's new

Laws of the Night OOC and Discussion

OP
Shrike7

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Laws of the Night OOC and Discussion

Mmm, brains... No wait, vampires, not Zombies.

*shakes head*

On a more serious note, character looks good TWO, and I seem to be falling behind a tad :/ on the bright side, once all the prologues are done I should have an easier time of it.

As for system and rules, you tell me what you want to try, and I can probably find a way to make it happen. Grappling would be fairly easy, in my opinion :)

*goes back to posting*

TheWeirdOne

KICK ME
Reputation score

Lol I'll try to not do anything to confusing.... Just make sure you don't have anyone on all fours and I won't have to explain what the leg series are to you =P

OP
Shrike7

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Sounds like fun, but you're right, this is neither the time nor the subforum for that, Dear ;P

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Wasn't trying to give Wallpaper hints, that was before I realized we were in the same place. You gotta remember I'm a guy and I miss the obvious most of the time.

EDIT: I also feel incredibly dirty now after talking to a politician, much less agreeing to work for him. That's got to be the only job a vampire can do without making the job creepier than it actually is.

Last edited:

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Why don't vampires bite lawyers?

Professional courtesy! *rimshot*

OP
Shrike7

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Where do vampires learn to suck blood?

Law school! *rimshot*

Seriously though, take solace in the fact that he's not really a politician, just thinks of himself as one ;)

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

*takes a shower while waiting impatiently for a chance to post :X...*

Be back in 15-30 mins.

OP
Shrike7

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

*takes a shower while waiting impatiently for a chance to post :X...*

Be back in 15-30 mins.
I'm sorry, but you'll just have to reign in your impatience, there's nothing I can do to make this game run any faster. If you are looking to play at say, the pace AWMBI is run, you're going to be disappointed every time. RJ does a lot of work, very fast, for very little appreciation. But from what I understand, he has no job, no girlfriend, and very few responsibilities. I do most of my posts from a cell phone, during my full-time job, with besically no resources, so this is all off the top of my head. I also live with my boyfriend, and we just finished moving into a mess of a duplex, which us and two other people must clean before it becomes livable. If your post is on the bottom, it will be the first one replied to, with the possible exception of this and maybe the eventual info threads. That's the most I can promise, and it is as fair as I can make it.

TheWeirdOne

KICK ME
Reputation score

Take your time. You alerady know I'm a lazy jackass that takes forever to make a character XD so I'm in no rush.

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

I'm sorry, but you'll just have to reign in your impatience, there's nothing I can do to make this game run any faster. If you are looking to play at say, the pace AWMBI is run, you're going to be disappointed every time. RJ does a lot of work, very fast, for very little appreciation. But from what I understand, he has no job, no girlfriend, and very few responsibilities. I do most of my posts from a cell phone, during my full-time job, with besically no resources, so this is all off the top of my head. I also live with my boyfriend, and we just finished moving into a mess of a duplex, which us and two other people must clean before it becomes livable. If your post is on the bottom, it will be the first one replied to, with the possible exception of this and maybe the eventual info threads. That's the most I can promise, and it is as fair as I can make it.
I actually wasn't being serious when I typed that since I know full well that this game is "slower paced" compared to AWMBI (which is actually abnormally fast paced when compared to most PBP games). Mainly it was me just making a joke to myself in regards to how I'm such a huge slacker when it comes to making posts yet horribly impatient when I actually begin to make posts and wait for a response. I apologize if I offended you in anyway with that post, and do recommend you ignore any off hand griping I make (largely as I'm never really being serious with them) and take your time as needed. Real life comes first after all :p.

OP
Shrike7

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

I wasn't offended, just... Weary. And yes, I used AWMBI as an example exactly because it is so crazily fast. It was just something that had to be said before too long, and you happened to be the one who posted a related topic. So no worries :)

OP
Shrike7

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Alright, chibs said she didn't mind, and I can't sleep. Hey Rule, do you want your intro? I've been holding off because my second post in it is going to seriously freak her out, but I need something to do...

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Yeah, sure. Why not?

OP
Shrike7

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Alright, I'll go type it up then. And I take it back, my second post won't freak her out, my third will.

OP
Shrike7

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Another double post, but meh.

Anyways, now that poor Chibs will be feeling the full effects of the literary device known as foreshadowing, I finally feel my lids start to drop. Night night!

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

Good luck with unpacking and tidying up the duplex. XP That's my least favorite part of moving... "where the hell does this go?!"

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

That actually does make me feel somewhat better knowing he's not actually a politician.

Don't worry about the pace yesterday was unusually fast for me since I actually had the day off for once. I work full time also, but I can't use a phone while I'm doing my work. So at least you have an advantage there.

Now I'm just trying to make sure I understand the difference here, not that it really matters. The Cams want the masquerade to continue, and believe the older vampires should rule the younger, wheras the Sabbat don't want the masquerade and believe in rule by the most powerful. Finally anarchs are technically Cams, but they reject the power structure.

Tsuki

Lurker
Reputation score

*twiddles thumbs*

OP
Shrike7

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

That actually does make me feel somewhat better knowing he's not actually a politician.

Don't worry about the pace yesterday was unusually fast for me since I actually had the day off for once. I work full time also, but I can't use a phone while I'm doing my work. So at least you have an advantage there.

Now I'm just trying to make sure I understand the difference here, not that it really matters. The Cams want the masquerade to continue, and believe the older vampires should rule the younger, wheras the Sabbat don't want the masquerade and believe in rule by the most powerful. Finally anarchs are technically Cams, but they reject the power structure.
Yeah, but my phone posting is the majority, i don't have that much time at home for it.

Mostly correct, with a couple hair splitting. Cams feel that the one to rule should be the one most capable of keeping the 'peace by ignorance' with the mortals intact. Sabbat generally follow the masquerade, though they'll never admit it, but yes, they generally rule by example, alpha dog leads the pack and yada yada. Anarchs are the ones that feel the masquerade is just commen sense, and think that all the stringent rules and penalties the cams go by are a waste of time. There are also independents, like the Giovanni, who are pretty much a political system in themselves. Did that help at all?

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

Hey Copper, 'Trades' are like... carpentry, cooking, technical stuff, engineering (er, more the college version than the university style) and apprenticeship stuff. Plumbing, electrical, building houses, welding. etc. etc. XD

At least, that's what I know it as!