What's new

Laws of the Night OOC and Discussion

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Laws of the Night OOC and Discussion

Slight correction I'll get to posting again after I sober up, cna't quite focus enough right now.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Understandable. You take care of yourself, you hear?

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

I'll try, though I can't really sleep right noe.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Well, nobody said you had to sleep. Plenty to do and see here, even if you're just poking around. Phee's got a good survival horror game to read, if you don't check that out regularly.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

But... Canadian accents are so similar to American ones... wouldn't that be the easiest to type?

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

I don't think that you'd need to vary your accent at all! Just add a silent 'u' into every other word that possesses an 'o' and you're golden!

*headtilt* I thought that Chantries were only part of Mage-speak. Are the Tremere that closely related that they have the same sort of Umbra-tastic hideaways?

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I don't think that you'd need to vary your accent at all! Just add a silent 'u' into every other word that possesses an 'o' and you're golden!

*headtilt* I thought that Chantries were only part of Mage-speak. Are the Tremere that closely related that they have the same sort of Umbra-tastic hideaways?
The Tremere were Mages once. They turned themselves into vampires by diablerizing one of the old ones. Or at least the first one did, not too sure.

DeMatt

Lurker
Reputation score

But... Canadian accents are so similar to American ones... wouldn't that be the easiest to type?
That and don't forget the occasional "eh", eh? :p

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

Eh?! (I'm pretty sure that 'eh' is said more often in Eastern Canada than Western Canada. o_O Seems more like a Newfie thing than a general Canadian one! If I'm saying 'eh?' it sounds more like 'hey?' to me!)

Ahh, makes sense now. I didn't read the Tremere clan info at all. >.>" *newb-face*

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I use 'eh' all the time. I love it.

Fuck and eh are the basis of my vocabulary.

OP
Shrike7

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

The Tremere were Mages once. They turned themselves into vampires by diablerizing one of the old ones. Or at least the first one did, not too sure.
Not entirely accurate. They were mages once, but they created a ritual that backfired and turned them into vampires. They Diablerized one of the Antediluvians to become recognized as a full clan, a mortal can't diablerize ;)

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

There I finally caught up with everything and posted.

No clue who he is or what this is from, but it's pretty much how I'm picturing my character except his hair should be brown. Not the best picture either but it works for my purposes.

http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/picture.php?albumid=162&pictureid=1743

Last edited:

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

You always get people having odd speech quirks that don't fit their region. For example, despite being from North Carolina, I tend to say 'ello' instead of 'hello'. I also am the only one I know that generally omits the 't' in 'latin' and thus pronounces it 'la_in'.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

I have odd speech quirks from several dialects, but I've moved around alot. Everyone here in Illinois thinks I'm a southerner, but southerners think I sound yankeeish. Plus I throw in alot of French words when speaking. Which confuses alot of people here.

OP
Shrike7

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

I'm sort of the same way, but I draw expressions and stuff from books or movies, one of my favourite ones is 'shiny', which I can use for almost anything ;)

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Such as any object that can be used as an excuse to stop paying attention to something?

"OOOO! SHINEY!"

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Probably why they had me go to Korean school for the army, I tend to pick up languages easily. Freaks out most Koreans you meet in the states/South Korea though since I speak with a North Korean accent.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Haha Shrike, Shiny. Go firefly.

And Ronny, people in Canada (unless they are French themselves) might roll their eyes and think in their head "Oh fuck another one" when they hear you mutter french words.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Well I am of Acadian extraction so I would be another one technically.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

*rolls eyes* oh fuck not another one

oh shit... didn't mean to say that out loud.

All in jokes Ronny.