What's new

Lets talk tactics...

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Lets talk tactics...

Have you never seen a zombie movie, the zombies always end up eating the people supposedly in charge of them. Just before they overrun the rest of the world.

The only surefire tactic is to be prepared for almost anything, no matter if it's real life or a game. Eventually someones going to figure out how to stop your current tactics and you'll have to change to something new or something that hasn't been done in a long time.

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

Ugh, zombie tactics.

While zombies have no morale and great staying power, they're also stupid and can't think for themselves. It's not difficult to set up a choke point and just hold it, intelligent commander or not.

Ultimately, being able to adjust to meet unexpected things is important. For example, I know that my favoured style is very old, and not always suited to every thing. However, it at least gives me a chance to survey things before committing my forces; and while this withheld action can prove costly, it can also stop stupid blunders.

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Mind Control devices.... Did you not see that? My commanders mind control my human not dead soldiers and gets rid of their fears, cowardice and other vices. This leaves behind suicidal tendencies and clever thinking.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

That also rules out the initiative of the individual soldier on the ground who can see better than the commander. If that is removed they will ignore important things as they go and do as they are told. Mind Controlled enemies can be quite easy to deal with.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Not to mention zombies are mindless and therefore have no minds to control. Also removing fear is a bad thing, fear is what keeps most soldiers from dying as stupid as it may sound. Fear keeps you on your toes and thinking, probably the two most important factors in staying alive.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Ronny is correct!

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Glad you agree, or I would start worrying about you.