What's new

Losing respect for Toonpimp

Status
Not open for further replies.

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Losing respect for Toonpimp

I really don't care about that toonpimp guy.

It's the art that matters, not the artist, if he wants to make things that people must pay for, then make it worth paying for.

aika

El Presidente
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Sorry, not going to register just to read it *blows kiss to other forum*

And you know what this means, ladies and gentlemen...

We have a mole...*shifty eyes*
one of my best friends (internet friends, not IRL) is almost his second hand man. I believe he was the first moderator of the forums.

>_>

ShadowWolfSBI

Chief Spam Hunter Why Are You Making Me Do This
Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

First Rule of Security: The likelihood of a secret's being blown is proportional to the square of the number of people who are in on it.

...Directly quoted from Admiral James Greer, a character in Tom Clancy's novel The Hunt For Red October. Yeah, I'm probably a geek.

aika

El Presidente
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

I for one thought it would be constructive to have this brought to TP's attention, but probably not so constructive to have it brought to the attention of his whole forum.

He's now heard the views of some of the other people on the interwebs, whether he argues back or takes this thread as constructive criticism (or both) is up to him.

On a lighter note, TP's forum is like our sister (or brother?) forum so I hope we can actually benefit from one another as opposed to becoming rivals.

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I for one thought it would be constructive to have this brought to TP's attention, but probably not so constructive to have it brought to the attention of his whole forum.

He's now heard the views of some of the other people on the interwebs, whether he argues back or takes this thread as constructive criticism (or both) is up to him.

On a lighter note, TP's forum is like our sister (or brother?) forum so I hope we can actually benefit from one another as opposed to becoming rivals.
Honestly, I rather figured it was something like that. Just felt like being a smartass, and quoting from Tom Clancy's work.

Lucas

Lurker
Reputation score

Indeed.

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

i was getting the impression that they we're all sycophants... maybe we should actually get in touch with them... or have we already and just no ones told me?

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Just a question. Since when did they become a brother/sister forum?

aika

El Presidente
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Because TP and LM make similar games, and these forums are the communties of people that enjoy said games.

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Makes more sense. In that case, I approve of this marriage between our prince and their princess. We need more alliances with our country anyway.

SilentSilth

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

He has actually responded to this thread, Aika. It was pretty civil, plus he asked all the forum members to not get upset over this.

Pale

Reputation score

First Rule of Security: The likelihood of a secret's being blown is proportional to the square of the number of people who are in on it.

...Directly quoted from Admiral James Greer, a character in Tom Clancy's novel The Hunt For Red October. Yeah, I'm probably a geek.
Waiiit...

So if one person knows the secret --- the likelihood is 1*1 -- 1. So the secret will definitely be blown..

If two... Likelihood is 2*2 = 4... so there's a 400% chance the secret will be blown?

Your logic escapes me, good sir..

P

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Not sure the exact meaning myself. As stated, I had quoted that from a book. The character making that statement was Vice Admiral James Greer, Deputy Director of Intelligence, Central Intelligence Agency.

Are we entirely sure that logic (or at least normal logic) applies in this instance?

SilentSilth

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

I don't know if Tom Clancy logic applies in this instance..

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Not so much Tom Clancy logic, as the Intelligence Community's own brand of logic, which is likely to be somewhat unique, given their collective job.

OP
gameguru777

gameguru777

Lurker
Reputation score

Hold on... I cannot seem to find the forum that this whole thing took place on. Was it removed or something? I was hoping to see what happened.

I am not at all opposed to a whole sister/brother site idea, and he shouldn't let the ideas of a prick critic get to him like that, nor should one member of another site stop this. I'm not exactly the most important member of this site, in fact it would seem that I screw up more things than I improve :D

I do not apologize for what I said and I still mean it (actually I personally lost a bit more respect for him because he was unable to take the criticism without getting extremely offended and such). However it is only my view. I think that to get an accurate view of how well one is liked, they must read how people criticize them and get an idea of how to improve. I don't know, maybe I am just a moron and a prick :p

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I'm kinda half and half cuz I'm pretty familiar with flash and understand how difficult coding can be. Grab attacks can be somewhat difficult to program in, but to do it so other enemies still can grab you is pretty tough to get.
However, despite that obvious skill, there's still so much evidence of mechanics lacking in his games.

Bartnum

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

Yeah... I can't seem to access the thread on TP's forum. Which annoys me, because I'm interested in the responses.

OP
gameguru777

gameguru777

Lurker
Reputation score

I'm fairly sure that it was removed, heaven forbid that someone would read it and realize that not everybody likes TP. But then again... erasing it might avoid some drama. But it seemed to be going in a more positive direction before it was erased. I'm willing to accept that it was erased to prevent drama, but whenever something like this happens it always feels as if the messege (or the discussion in this case) was erased so they could ignore the issue and go on their merry way.

Status
Not open for further replies.