What's new

Losing respect for Toonpimp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Losing respect for Toonpimp

Erased to prevent drama. I asked a mod.

Waiiit...

So if one person knows the secret --- the likelihood is 1*1 -- 1. So the secret will definitely be blown..

If two... Likelihood is 2*2 = 4... so there's a 400% chance the secret will be blown?

Your logic escapes me, good sir..

P

secretau1.gif

i doodled you a picture.

where is this forum anyway?

Waiiit...

So if one person knows the secret --- the likelihood is 1*1 -- 1. So the secret will definitely be blown..

If two... Likelihood is 2*2 = 4... so there's a 400% chance the secret will be blown?

Your logic escapes me, good sir..

P

No no, see, Greer (and by extension, Clancy) is talking about proportions, not percentages.

So say there's a 2% base chance of somebody blowing the secret. For one person, that's 2% * (1*1), or 2%. If 2 people know it, that's 2% * (2 * 2) = 2% * 4 = 8%. And so forth. What he's saying is that the odds of a secret being blown increase exponentially as more people are let in on the secret, not that a single person has a 100% chance of revealing the secret, and that it somehow only gets worse from there.

It was in reference to the thought of letting another person in on some keyword-only intel; that is, information that only somebody with the proper clearance code can even know exists.

Of course, it's also possible that you guys get that already, and are just messing around. Either way, I feel like I've done my work here.

I, at least, knew that already. But why not have some fun at the same time?

...not that a single person has a 100% chance of revealing the secret, and that it somehow only gets worse from there...

anyone who's been through high school will know you are wrong here.

also can someone link me to them thar forums... *on topic for a change*

Where'd I put that table with the drawer?

ninjanew.gif

No no, see, Greer (and by extension, Clancy) is talking about proportions, not percentages.

So say there's a 2% base chance of somebody blowing the secret. For one person, that's 2% * (1*1), or 2%. If 2 people know it, that's 2% * (2 * 2) = 2% * 4 = 8%. And so forth. What he's saying is that the odds of a secret being blown increase exponentially as more people are let in on the secret, not that a single person has a 100% chance of revealing the secret, and that it somehow only gets worse from there.

It was in reference to the thought of letting another person in on some keyword-only intel; that is, information that only somebody with the proper clearance code can even know exists.

Of course, it's also possible that you guys get that already, and are just messing around. Either way, I feel like I've done my work here.

Well, then that's just plain silly.. it implies that the more secure the original person is, the better kept the secret. ---> Example.

General, very secure, learns secret, has 0.1% chance of spilling it. He, however, in a moment of idiocy, tells his wife, who is extremely unsecure, and gossips to all her neighbours.. but apparently, the chance only becomes 0.4% that it'll be spilled.. Just because the original person was very secure.

Silly theory. Tom Clancy has failed.

P

you just don't want to be wrong, but what your forgetting is that one example doesn't break a mathematical generalisation.

Completely off topic, but the increase in chance is proportional to the square of the number of people.

That basically means P = kn^2

where
P = probability
k = an unknown constant
n = number of people

We know that when everyone in the world knows the secret, there is a 100% chance that the secret has been revealed (as in everyone knows it).

Estimating the number of people in the world at 7 billion gives us

100% = 1 = k*7 000 000 000^2

And that gives us that k is one very small number.

Of course this is wildy incorrect because we all know that when one person knows something the probability of more people finding out is not 1 in 49 000 000 000 000 000 000.

So, while the general idea of what Tom Clancy is trying to say (that is, the probabilitty increases exponentially), is will probably be less like n^2 and probably more like n^1.000001

Of course with a large enough sample we could find a value for x (the letter I just decided to assign for the index of n) by experiment, but there is no point because we all know it's true that the more people that know the secret, it gets less secure very very quickly.

I apologise for studying a Maths based subject at uni.

Incidentally the graph would probably tail off towards the end and become horizontal again because this rule does not take into account people who would refuse to believe the secret is true.

A good example of this would be the secret "Scientology is a dangerous cult."

Hmm... another thing for topic and such... has anyone else been somewhat bothered by the sheer amounts of ads on his site? I mean, a few ads are fine... but my god!!! I counted and on the small opening page alone is around 5 picture ads, and not to mention how many links he has to sites at the bottom. Almost all of them are pay sites that most likely pay for advertising. I'm thinking it makes the whole "starving artist" plea about his needing donations a bit... uh... odd. Toonchamp.com (or as I have renamed it "Hereissomeadshoorayforads.com") has another odd habit, its not enough that there is some at the opening page, (or every other page mind you) but ads are also is on the "Game Over" screens. Once more I have just counted... there were seven ads... the word overkill comes to mind (then again so do greedy and douche.)

beating-a-dead-horse.gif

(pic related... more or less what I am doing. It just ticks me off.)

interesting forum that toonpimp place is... they seem to have forgotten to put in a place to chat with each other about random things. as near as i can tell this has almost put their amount of active users into single digits.

i'd hardly call that a sister forum... maybe stagnant fetus forum.

interesting forum that toonpimp place is... they seem to have forgotten to put in a place to chat with each other about random things. as near as i can tell this has almost put their amount of active users into single digits.

i'd hardly call that a sister forum... maybe stagnant fetus forum.
Ouch.......Would you be the vacuum then Nunu? ;)

Vacuum? I don't get it...

wouldn't know, i've never had one.

There's many different abortion methods, can we not bring up abortion again? There's nothing hentastic about it

There's many different abortion methods, can we not bring up abortion again? There's nothing hentastic about it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back