What's new

Lurker Wars 2 Discussion Thread

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Lurker Wars 2 Discussion Thread

Yay. Finished making my character. I think he wants to throw ideas in darkfire.

OP
Sinfulwolf

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Thank you much Dia, I will start writing chapter 1 as soon as I get the prologue back, in case changes need to be made.

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

You can either talk to me or you can talk to sinful about this. PM one of his and tell us about your ideas if you want to help co-author.

Wonderboy

Lurker
Reputation score

I'm sorry to do this to you Sin, but:

Character Name: Calls himself WonderBoy, Is registered in the state records as Won Derboy.

Character Gender: Male

Character age: Presumed biological age, 18

Character Race: Unknown, Looks and acts mostly like a human.

Character Weaponry: Two lightweight swords made from rare nano-materials, so that if they bend or similar, a certain current through the blade will re-sharpen/re-assemble it.

Character Weapon Specialization: Able to use simple telekinetic techniques due to a special stone in a necklace, uses this mostly for feeling, ex. Fighting with eyes closed. But can be used to take kinetic energy out of moving objects to “Charge” the body’s energy supplies. (you throw something, it stops mid-air, and Wonder doesn’t need to eat for a little while.) can channel electricity from the body’s cells to make a weak current. Can use this for a limited time if the suit’s power supply fails to repair suit and swords.

Character Armor: Made from the same material as the swords, and as a result can be repaired with material from the swords, or be turned into additional swords. The swords can also be merged with the suit, rendering them undetectable.

Character Armor Specialization: Light armour, focusing on agility. Since it is built up from a very special nano material that can change its properties when current is applied, this suit can stick to any surface. Far from indestructible…

Character Background: Was originally a lurker, but has through various identities helped the posters.

Character Attitude: Takes everything with a joke. Unable to grasp the human concept of embarrassment. Loyal to what is right. Tries to see the situation from the opponents perspective, sometimes succeeds at this to such an extent that he feels sorry for them and is unable to kill them. LOVES food, but due to a lot of exercice is not fat (sometimes stops exercising a little while before a fight to build up energy-reserves, fat.) Telekinesis takes A LOT of energy for him.

Bartnum

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

Name: Bartnum/Primarch Corax

Being the close-quarters combatant in the group, PC was one of the more extreme members. He faced things head-on, and feared no one. A custom S.P.A.S. assault shotgun with double barrels, bowie knives, butterfly knives, switchblades, and combat knives all decorated his uniform. Defiant until the last breath he would draw, everybody in the squad could tell that if PC were to die in the war, it would be one hell of a flashy end.
Regarding that last part, those who read the original Lurker Wars may remember that I blew up the Everything Else Board and everything in it when I went down.

Wonderboy

Lurker
Reputation score

Where can I find a copy of Lurker Wars 1? I realy wanna see if any of my old profiles were included:D

OP
Sinfulwolf

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Well folks, there's been some talking, and Kusanagi this involves you. Lurker Wars is a war story, with limited fantasy elements. Sure we throw in nigh superhuman abilities like strength and speed and such, but for the most part, a war story.

So unfortunately Kusa, I'm going to have to do something else for you. The Ki manipulation has been voted against. I can think of something, but the Ki was thought too fantastical to make the cut.

Wonderboy, I can work with a nano suit, but the telekinesis is not going to make the cut. Like I said though, I can do wonders with a nano suit and weapons.

Burning Gold, you can add me to MSN, or just PM me if you want to talk co-authoring.

Wonderboy

Lurker
Reputation score

I am completely content with not having telekinesis... I just added it 'cause I looked at kusa and thought we were going to have superpowers...

Could I add one last thing though? A sonic hemmorrhager. A device that sends out soundwaves that cause internal micro-hemmoraging, used for asassination, effects start showing in the target after approx. 8 hours. Needs to be VERY close to the target (as in stnding no less than half a metre away.) Not a combat weapon, I know, but...

OP
Sinfulwolf

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I don't see why you couldn't... just that it would be very difficult to work into what I'm planning.

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Where can I find a copy of Lurker Wars 1? I realy wanna see if any of my old profiles were included:D
Heh. Understandable that you couldn't find the story in this forum. We haven't updated for so long, it's in the out-of-reach depths of the Blank Page.

But here: http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showthread.php?t=10

Funny thing. I didn't look through the thread, but for some reason there's only 19 posts in it, and yet all 21 chapters are included.

Also, I actually made some progress in the second to last chapter! Expect the story to finally come full circle and allow sinful to completely take over.

Lurker
Reputation score

Feel free to use my name however you wish, seeing as it was used in the original.

Host

Lurker
Reputation score

A short summary of my attempts at adding to Lurker Wars:
I had a character I'd been working on for ages for the old version, but it wouldn't have fit into the story too well. "NOoooo.." I lament, but then I hear it's in a rut and needs more ideas. I think of a way to incorporate my character but Lurker Wars stops before I get a chance to write it up. "NOoooo.." I think, but then the second Lurker Wars comes up. Only it seems to be adding powers which make my character suck. "NOoooo.." I go again, only to find that the super-powers are removed, but there are still highly powerful elements that would have obsolete’d my old character... If I go "NOoooo.." again, will you remove the extra technology and non-humans? *Grins*

However, it is not really necessary to limit things to normal-tech and humans only - it is a rather simple matter to make my character up to scratch with a nanosuit guy and a kitsune, in fact being able to be above-human actually helps him a little character-plot-wise. Also, I don't think that the plot and combat-feel of Lurker Wars is hindered at all by the inclusion of not-too-advanced advanced technology, or non-human races that are primarily aesthetic. Hell, we had some of that in the first one!

I would like to help author the story, however I will not be able to help fully until tests are over, in two weeks or so. I would like to see that my character does not break your plot completely though, because, like all my characters seem to be, he is a 'spotlight stealer' and does force a rather large number of things in the forum's history to happen a certain way.

I don't have time to write up an individual backstory for this version of Host, but the version I made for Defend ULMF is very similar. (Though he has yet to be approved, must remember to pester Burrito about giving me feedback on what to change to make him playable...) I'll PM you the same sheet I gave Burrito with some quick notes, unfortunately the story will likely still seem somewhat strange since I don't have the time to fix it all up.

*Reads new posts*

Ah, don't tell me the story is starting from the second forum... my character needs to be present on the first one... "NOoooo.."

OP
Sinfulwolf

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Sorry Host, the second story is indeed starting in the new forum, which still allows Dark and Mo to go back if they want to finish the old one. I think its fair for everyone.

In terms of above average technology, sure it seems a little sci-fi, but its not fantasy. So it is staying. Mind you, my own character is pretty much wielding an assault rifle and wearing a fragmentation vest with plates. So I'm nothing special either.

Also, don't think that because you have technology on yer side means you are unstoppable. Anyone is vulnerable and able to fall in battle.

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I don't suppose a custom scoped energy rifle would be allowed would it Sinful?

By custom I mean can only be wielded by the imprinted owner of the weapon, and can be used to snipe with as well.

OP
Sinfulwolf

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Not too sure about energy, but I can give you a customized sniper rifle.

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I wonder if it would be possible to customize P90's to have scopes and be able to snipe? Any ideas on that Sinful?

OP
Sinfulwolf

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Scope? That's easy, just attach a railing system to the top of the weapon. Unfortunately for sniper, not a good idea. The P90 is a submachine gun and so it would be horrible for sniping, unless you were less than 100m away from the target.

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Hmm, ok then would it be possible to carry three to four weapons then?

My thinking would be dual P90's for massive firefights, a sidearm of some kind, probably a .44 Super Blackhawk or a .50 DE with AE rounds for up close kills, and for sniping some kind of sniper rifle. I can't think of the one that was used in RE4, the Semi-Auto one, so if anyone knows that one's make that'd be helpful, or maybe you can recommend one Sinful?

Dunno is just an idea, and I'm tossing these out before I make a sheet. Saves us both the time of massively editing it.

Edit: He'd probably also want to carry a few grenades with extra clips. Dunno how that would all fit in.

OP
Sinfulwolf

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I can give you dual P90's, but the reloading factor will actually keep you out of the fight for a bit. But you can have them none the less. Sidearm is fine, and I can always give you a Druganov, which is the Soviet semi-auto sniper rifle. It's still pretty popular in the world today, and fires a 7.62 round.