What's new

Lurker Wars 2 Discussion Thread

Pale

Reputation score
Re: Lurker Wars 2 Discussion Thread

This... triggers a lot of different responses for me.

On the one hand, it's great to see Lurker Wars up and running again. It was something, like the Community Game, everyone could contribute to, give pointers - something that brought us together as a community. Which, tbh, is a pretty cool thing.

On the other hand, it's already, within a day of inception, been infected by what seems to be killing these forums. This isn't the place for a rant, but let it be known that I despise the low class of (male) human being that gets his kicks from roleplaying a girl, and doing it badly. I can stand people who do it well.. I can stand bad roleplayers in general. The combination is insta-no, for me. You know who you are, people. And if you genuinely think women are like that, or that's what the attractive qualities in women, or in people in general are - I pity you.

Rant over. Despite my -high- respect for Sinful as a writer, and my awareness of the skills of remaining writers... I'd rather bow out of this one, this time.

P

OP
Sinfulwolf

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Damnit... and I had such a good idea for you too Pale.

Still, I respect your decision.

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I'll work on a sheet later then. Probably will take that Soviet Sniper Rifle. Either that or the (not sure what it's really called but the nickname is) KATE.

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Pale you sound more male and cold then me...... *Now has pained ego from Pale's possibly accurate or inaccurate comment.* But I admit, I try to rp to the best of my ability and I know when I fail. Well, I don't but could some people tell me when I actually do rp badly?

Wonderboy

Lurker
Reputation score

Just finished reading Lurker Wars... It's great. Now that I have more of a general feel of the style, I can actually say something constructive:D

There's a thread on the Blank Page, that's called An (as of yet) completely unerotic story. The prologue of that story could quite possibly fit in with the Lurker Wars theme.

Also, I would like to know if you need any more help with raw text editing, disposition. (I know that for myself, correcting grammar while I write interrupts the "flow."

Also, I was wondering if maybe I or someone else should make a Character gallery or a character list with all the traits, apperance, preferred weapon and so on and so fourth, so that we may avoid any misunderstandings, and we'll have it all in one place.

OP
Sinfulwolf

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Not a bad idea Wonderboy actually. Anything people want to keep secret about their character I won't give to be put up, but other than that I guess it could be done.

Wonderboy

Lurker
Reputation score

Ok, if people could PM me their character information, and I'll run it past you Sin. This is for technical work only, so apperance, weapons, gender (Male, Female or Nunu) and attitude are the important things... How the character is in the storyline is not for this.

Please use this:

Build: athletic, buff, frail.
Height: short, tall.
Hair: Colour and style
Eyes: Colour...
Mask(if any): Speaks for itself...
Colour of armour: Duh...
Weapons: Not how they function, but how they look, and how they are used.
Attitude soscially: Dumb, self-confident
Attitude in Battle: Ex. Brave, sadistic, serious.
Additional info: If people have a preference for cup-size or shoe-size or whatever...

Please note, that since Sin is the writer, she may ignore this completely, because somtimes too much information freezes up creativity, or she has something special in mind... Basically, these are guidelines that she can follow if she wants to.

Pale

Reputation score

I'm a psychopath xD. Being cold is what I do! Soviet Sniper rifles mind me immediately to the Dragunov.. but.. well. While I'm not interested in entering a character.. Sin, you up for a hand with writing?

P

Wonderboy

Lurker
Reputation score

Damn, I forgot that part... If there's anything you can load off I'd be happy to write a little. (I understand it's hard to pull out things that doesn't need the whole picture, but...)

Momiji

Lurker
Reputation score

Damnit... and I had such a good idea for you too Pale.

Still, I respect your decision.
Actually, if Oni doesn't kill me in the first Lurker Wars, I would like not to be in this one either.

No offense, but I like to put myself in friend's hands when it comes to writing.

Or RPing.

Or rape.

Last edited:
OP
Sinfulwolf

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Understood Mo, and no offense taken.

Also, cup size and things like that are not a requirement. As those who read the original story know, and those who will read the new one will find out, Lurker Wars is a gritty war story, with no smut in it, at least, not very much at all.

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Unless it's Oni writing a guest chapter...

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Guilty as charged.

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

i really do have to agree with pales main point. this story isn't a place for turning yourself into something your not, whats the point in lying about our hystory anyway?

people should have to be the gender they really are (or if they are under a long standing lie about their gender they could use that). this is more about embellishment than fantasy.

i think it would almost be better if you weren't allowed to have major input into your own character, as long as things were still taken seriously.

Last edited:

Wonderboy

Lurker
Reputation score

Ah, so the stuff with the cup sizes in Lurker Wars one was just Oni, I see...
Should I put together an apperance thing for the characters from lurker wars one?

As I said earlier, these are just guidelines, and Sin can change whatever she needs to fit it into the story, it's just nice somtimes, to not have to make 20+characters by yourself...

And Oni, please a little spoiler warning... I was sitting reading the first Lurker Wars at school, and suddenly comes this detailed story of how a girl is being raped... Then a girl in my class walked up to see what I was reading...

Bartnum

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

I disagree with the entire 'character sheet' system. This isn't an RP, it's a story.

Originally, it was as simple as:

"Hey, *Mo/Obe/Dark/Oni/any other writer I may have missed*, could I appear in Lurker Wars at some point?"

(OPTIONAL: "Also, if possible, could I be armed with *weapon(s)* / could I be the squad's *possible squad role* ?" )

From then on it was pretty much up to the writers. That system worked much better in my opinion.

Last edited:
OP
Sinfulwolf

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

It could quite possibly work better. The advantage of this system though is that I can concentrate on what I want to fill the stories with and character interaction rather than think of how to arm/ armour them.

However, as has been a slight problem, when people want to make their own characters they want to be ultra-powerful or slightly fantastic.

Two styles, either one works for me.

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

And Oni, please a little spoiler warning... I was sitting reading the first Lurker Wars at school, and suddenly comes this detailed story of how a girl is being raped... Then a girl in my class walked up to see what I was reading...
Why in the world are you on these forums in school in the first place?

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

That was what I was gonna ask, Dark. Also, it's not my responsibility what you read and where, as with everything else on this forum you should expect it to contain 18+ material.

Wonderboy

Lurker
Reputation score

But, but Oni!
*Tries to protest whilst realizing the error of my ways.*

Ok, the story just seemed so non-erotic, and then came the swallowing and forcing and stuff... Of course I shouldn't be reading these forums at school. (But I will.)

Sin, well-written so far, interesting how everything is so nice. Again, if you need help with anything, anything at all, just ask.