What's new

ACT [ Maken Ansala ] さきゅばすの日記 / Succubus Affection

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
Well, I hope not. No offense to Ansala, but Zell can only benefit from learning to code in better engines. If Ansala were to take over all of that, Zell would end up depending on him to get anything done, and while that would probably help move Shiro no Yakata forward (and maybe even FOBS), the moment the two have some kind of disagreement or falling out, Zell can kiss his ass goodbye.
I agree that independent developers are better than dependent ones, but it's also true that two people working on a game have a higher chance of getting more content out than just one person.
Zell draws well and draws relatively fast since he draws at such a low pixel resolution. What slows him down on creating erotic content is the programming.

Monster Girl Quest has tons of people working on it so it has tons of sexual content.

The Dieselmine games with tons of sexual content are the ones with multiple people working on them.

There are no downsides outside of creative control. If he and Ansala have a falling out like the ROBF guys did, then Zell can just start programming again. It's not like he'll lose the skills he already built up. Though I don't know what this means for FOBS tbqh. Worse case scenario is the falling out happening mid-project and them quitting it, but the only example I know of a group having a falling out was ROBF and they didn't quit a project midway.

Chelli Lona Aphra

Reputation score
Thought to check up on this game as it's been a while, I remember asking Zell on Twitter if an English translation would be made and he did confirm it, thanks for the info though TheUnsaid. Do you guys know if those who already bought the original version of the game from DLSite can get the English translation for free?

Reputation score
Do you guys know if those who already bought the original version of the game from DLSite can get the English translation for free?
Yes, you WILL get the free update with the translation if you have bought it in DLSite before. Just re-download it when the updated game released.
You will need to switch the language in in-game option.

Mick2000

Reputation score
pardon but is there any walkthrough around here for 'where to go next'?
i'm a bit stuck after beating a succubus girl (the one that can clone itself into 2 body) in the mansion, trying to explore the mansion after but find no new path. which way exactly you suppose to go next?

Someone92

Demon Girl
Reputation score
It has been some time, but as far as I remember:

(deleted - remembered wrong)

Yes, you WILL get the free update with the translation if you have bought it in DLSite before. Just re-download it when the updated game released.
You will need to switch the language in in-game option.
That's not always the case. I think it was Drain Dungeon where I did not received the ENG version for free.

Last edited:

Lazyrick

Reputation score
pardon but is there any walkthrough around here for 'where to go next'?
i'm a bit stuck after beating a succubus girl (the one that can clone itself into 2 body) in the mansion, trying to explore the mansion after but find no new path. which way exactly you suppose to go next?
You need to go to farm. In between the two houses is a new platform leading to the final area.
It has been some time, but as far as I remember:

When you have completed one round (you are back at the beginning) you need to do another round an go into areas that were previously locked behind several colorful locks.
If you have done that and are at the beginning a second time you have to advance via a menu entry. One of them should lead to several side quests, and the last one (it should be in red instead of white) is the final mission.

That's not always the case. I think it was Drain Dungeon where I did not received the ENG version for free.
Are you sure you're thinking of the right game? there are no sidequests in SA, besides maybe getting the villagers.

Reputation score
If the translated game or patch is out in DLsite separately, it will count as another item and you need to buy it.
But for this one, it is just updating the current game, so there is no need to buy the game again, unless the author put down it and sell translated one as a new item.
Edit: The translated game is out separately, so you need to buy it again. However, in DLsite, you may receive a 100% off coupon if you already bought it, using English or Chinese PC.

Last edited:

nativegypsy

Reputation score
So is Shiro no Yakata their next game or zell's pet project they're helping him with? The scarecrow with boobs reminded me of zell's more monster-ish girls. image-800.jpg

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
So is Shiro no Yakata their next game or zell's pet project they're helping him with? The scarecrow with boobs reminded me of zell's more monster-ish girls. View attachment 34454
Zell gave up on programming Shiro No Yakata. After moving from 2D Figher Maker 2nd, to 2D Pixel Maker MV while working with Ansala on Succubus Affection he realized that the workflow he preferred best was to stick to work on pixel art while someone else helps him with programming.

There's a topic on Shiro No Yakata already.

If you want to talk about the game go there.

Regarding Succubus Affection, they're mainly focused on getting their steam release out and getting the game translated to english.
Considering Zell's a pixel art factory, I wouldn't be surprised if the english language release also includes new monsters though they could also hold back to include those monsters into Succubus Affection's sequel.

bigliar29

Reputation score
English ver is up in jap dlsite (and those who brought jap ver before will get free coupon to buy english ver for free (in jap dlsite)

not sure what happen about built in change language option though.....

Mick2000

Reputation score
can you use your safe file from JP ver into the Eng ver? if yes, where is the save file to be exact?

CMRcc

Reputation score
can you use your safe file from JP ver into the Eng ver? if yes, where is the save file to be exact?
They are compatible.
Just copy all the "AutoSaveData*" and the "SaveData" file from the folder "SuccubusAffection1.xx_Data"

domigera

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I'm a little confused about the free coupon : is it from ci-en or dlsite? And is it automatic as soon as you own the original version or is there some additional procedure?

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
I'm a little confused about the free coupon : is it from ci-en or dlsite? And is it automatic as soon as you own the original version or is there some additional procedure?
The coupon is a dlsite coupon. They have these new pop-in animations that make people notice they have them now, but it has nothing to do with the game.
If you already own the game, just redownload it and you'll get the version that allows you to switch languages.

domigera

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
The coupon is a dlsite coupon. They have these new pop-in animations that make people notice they have them now, but it has nothing to do with the game.
If you already own the game, just redownload it and you'll get the version that allows you to switch languages.
Thing is, this isn't like a regular update : the translations are sold as a different game, and the original one is left untouched. Hence the need for free coupon.

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
Thing is, this isn't like a regular update : the translations are sold as a different game, and the original one is left untouched. Hence the need for free coupon.
Oh you're right. I was misinforming people. Ok that's my bad.

domigera

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Actually, the original version DID get updated to 1.9 (but for some reason the web page hasn't reflected that yet). However there's no option to switch language, as far as I'm aware.

Goroh

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I bought the game at launch but i see no coupon on the site. Am i doing something wrong?