What's new

RPG Unknown/Hiatus Malise and the Machine - Public Demo Available Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Malise and the Machine - Public Demo Available Now!

I agree with both of these. I think you could keep the miss chance and evade chance if the interrupt shot had a large accuracy bonus... if that's possible.

As for Malise being less useful, I think part of that is having 2 rifle upgrades for Neon and only one revolver upgrade for Malise, which means that her damage ends up being merely on par with Neon's (I think Malise is supposed to do more damage). Malise seems to be the DPS while Neon handles support, but without revolver upgrades, Malise is just an extra pair of tits to occupy tentacles with while Neon does all the hard work.

I've mentioned before how it might be good to move the interrupt to Malise's revolvers. Now, Malise will be getting a dual katana weapon set later, which I've read will (probably) be more of a tanking set, and Neon will eventually be able to use a (probably) AoE-oriented minigun, but that still leaves Malise's dual revolvers as that one weapon set that... sucks. Which brings me back to putting the interrupt on the revolvers. That way, both girls have a high-value utility move (Neon still has her super-useful heal) that they bring to the table from the get-go.

I would also suggest having Malise's double-shot be targeted instead of random. It costs energy, and I think that's enough of a cost for the second shot.

And then maybe Neon's rifle could gain some sort of "suppressing fire" ability that debuffs enemies: slowing their action speed, imposing a miss chance, reducing damage, or any combination of useful things. To balance it against a hard interrupt, it would need to last across multiple enemy attacks to, over time, add up to approximately one negated attack (or a little more, since the tactical value of stopping "this specific attack, right now" is inherently higher than stopping "an attack, whenever."

I imagine Malise's revolvers will end up being the go-to single target killer. We'll likely see an upgraded double shot, maybe as a triple shot, and other direct damage abilities. But that leads to another question of mine, how will new skills be learned? Will it be character level based, or will there be some kind of weapon skill level increased by using said weapon more? Or perhaps some other method that I didn't think of?

All of this! As definitely I like the idea as if Malise is supposedly the damage dealer she does need new perks to it as a controlled double or triple shot would be ideal especially if you wanna weaken or k.o. already weakened enemies and not have rngesus troll the shit outta you having Malise shoot a fresh and full health enemy out of the group.

For Neon like what everyone else said more AoE support as taking on over 3 enemies and having an average of out of the amount in which can range to nearly above 50% to all of them using h-attacks there needs to be an addition of moves to keep that type of chaos in check as the simple interrupt and double shot on random is gonna end in the result in a bad time and highly possible very milky holes as well.

I can't figure out what to do on that puzzle, even after reading the last few pages of this thread since the 0.04 release.

I have 21x 5 Amp fuses, I gather that I'm supposed to catch up with that robot so I can trade them for 10 Amp ones, but after he vanishes through the big orange door I can't find a way to follow him... I've now stood on every available tile along the entire door and wall hitting my interact key but nothing ever happens... With the fuses I have currently I can only do A,A,A; B,B,B; or C,C,C which doesn't seem to get me anywhere.

I can't figure out what to do on that puzzle, even after reading the last few pages of this thread since the 0.04 release.

I have 21x 5 Amp fuses, I gather that I'm supposed to catch up with that robot so I can trade them for 10 Amp ones, but after he vanishes through the big orange door I can't find a way to follow him... I've now stood on every available tile along the entire door and wall hitting my interact key but nothing ever happens... With the fuses I have currently I can only do A,A,A; B,B,B; or C,C,C which doesn't seem to get me anywhere.

The robot event should trigger. Try starting from the wall opposite the door and edging foward, constantly clicking z/interact. I eventually got it standing at a weird side angle iirc. It's definitely not right in front of the door, but slightly farther than that. Unless you have to trigger a reset event first? I don't know. It eventually worked for me though. Also I was definitely able to do the whole quest before meeting the robot. Some robot enemies will eventually drop 10 amps.

Wow, just found this and looks awesome!,
Can't believe it's RPG MAKER, it looks so professional,

Completed the demo and pledged, but seems I don't have access to the last version, I had to pledge before may it seems. :eek: ,
Looking forward for a new update!,

I like how this game moves beyond most games when it comes down to combat and animations. I'm really looking forward to this game. :D

Wow, just found this and looks awesome!,
Can't believe it's RPG MAKER, it looks so professional,

Completed the demo and pledged, but seems I don't have access to the last version, I had to pledge before may it seems. :eek: ,
Looking forward for a new update!,

If you look at the About page on Eromancer's Patreon page, it says that new patrons can contact him at [email protected] for details about how to get a previous demo now.

Do you have 1 person or 2 persons in your party?

If you're on 1, you're in the story before the proper maze - you should be able to follow the robot through several rooms, look for him just as you enter:
You should see him run out in a particular direction.
(If you're having trouble: Look closer in the first A room)

Beware that there's two different big orange doors: The one saying ABC and B5 only unlocks later.
You want the big orange door in the room full of ARIS units, which should always work.

Im lazy. Anyone got a save after the maze?

Beware that there's two different big orange doors: The one saying ABC and B5 only unlocks later.
You want the big orange door in the room full of ARIS units, which should always work.

I'm not talking about either of them. There's a third one that I was talking about and I've finally figured it out... It's when you only have Neon, and you're supposed to pick up an amp infront of the big door to trigger the robot conversation.

I don't know if there was an actual sprite for the amp. If there was I didn't see it at all... I was working my way down from the door, row by row, interacting with every tile based on dd-209's suggestion when I found it.
That should be flagged better IMO. An actual (or bigger) sprite for the amp, with a little bling effect would be great. I don't think this should be like an old point-and-click where you have to interact with everything just to find the hidden functional object.

Anyway, now I've got both Neon and Malaise and I'm on the puzzle proper. After 90 minutes trying to figure it out for myself without reading more hints I'm back here to find the actual shortest path, because I've reached the point where I just want to progress the story... (And I really wish I hadn't overwritten the save where I had 21 amps. Now I've gotta farm them again. :p)

Fantastic work so far - can't wait to see more. New enemy wasn't my cup of tea but I can still appreciate the quality and level of detail. Can't get over how unique the poses and angles are. For the game play itself I have a couple of critiques:

The puzzle has been brought up many times and already addressed by the developer. I believe the real problem was the lack of explanation/understanding. It was mentioned before but everyone seemed to emphasize problems with it being too long or grindy. With proper understanding I found it very straightforward, albeit still a little time consuming. Like I said, I know this has already been addressed - I just wanted to pull a little more emphasis towards a better introduction to the puzzle and how to go about solving it.

Combat I find is either far too difficult or far too easy depending on how you adjust the settings. I understand these options are designed to cater to different preferences of gameplay but I find them somewhat lacking. Default settings are still far too fast to keep up with and/or enjoy. I say this after spending hours of gameplay and quickly getting used to the new, quicker interface. It is easy to keep up when simply attacking but when selecting different abilities and targets those fractions of a second leave you at a huge disadvantage. Multiple enemies with grapples can and will interrupt and stun-lock you, and having control of two characters actually ends up being more of a liability than anything else. This is especially true if you keep manual struggle enabled - keeping your other character practically stunned herself. The problem with disabling manual struggle is that it is slightly too slow to be of any use. I say this with the assumption that if your armor is broken to the point where you can even be grappled by some enemies there is a very good chance you already have half to full lust.

Which brings me to my final critique. The current balance of combat with h-content is somehow off. Either there is no threat of enemies getting anywhere with a grapple or they are nearly unstoppable, never somewhere in between. Perhaps the current enemies do not work well in their current combinations, I am not sure. All I know is that I have to purposely grind monsters, take as many hits as possible in an attempt to wear of my armor to even have a chance at seeing a wider assortment of grapples. If playing the game normally and seriously there is never any actual threat, even after dozens of battles. For whatever reason I have to intentionally let my characters get worn out, lusted, armor broken before I can enjoy myself. With that said it feels more like a game-over rape than a action RPG (atleast the current build).

Regardless this is simply a fantastic game that I'm glad to be apart of. I hope this input is taken constructively rather than just as criticism. If I didn't care about the game or its continued development I wouldn't have bothered taking the time to write this. I've seen too many projects fall short on their potential and would hate for this to be added to that list. The smallest mechanic or change in gameplay or balancing can completely change the experience of the final project.

(...)
I don't know if there was an actual sprite for the amp. If there was I didn't see it at all... I was working my way down from the door, row by row, interacting with every tile based on dd-209's suggestion when I found it.
That should be flagged better IMO. An actual (or bigger) sprite for the amp, with a little bling effect would be great. I don't think this should be like an old point-and-click where you have to interact with everything just to find the hidden functional object.
(...)
There is a sprite and it has bling effect (or something similar at least) and I really have no idea why some/most/all people don't see it... true, it can be sometimes obstructed by pipes, but moving down from elevator door should make it clearly visible. Any way, I would appreciate if you could send !Error.log file from the system folder to [email protected] (with short description what it's for). If you, by any chance, have a save there - send it as well. Thanks in advance.

Any way, I would appreciate if you could send !Error.log file from the system folder to [email protected] (with short description what it's for). If you, by any chance, have a save there - send it as well. Thanks in advance.

I sent both along... I'm certain there's no sprite for the amp on my screen. Even knowing it's supposed to be there, and supposed to bling I can walk all around the room in front of the door (see the savegame) and there's nothing on the floor. Just an empty tile that I can interact with.

I sent both along... I'm certain there's no sprite for the amp on my screen. Even knowing it's supposed to be there, and supposed to bling I can walk all around the room in front of the door (see the savegame) and there's nothing on the floor. Just an empty tile that I can interact with.
Thanks, will check both when EM gets back.
Forgot to ask earlier, is that tile (where GFX should be) passable?

Forgot to ask earlier, is that tile (where GFX should be) passable?

This is the tile and it's not passable. I hadn't actually noticed that before, but you do run up against a solid invisible object.

Attachments

• MATM_ss01.jpg
    MATM_ss01.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 0

This is the tile and it's not passable. I hadn't actually noticed that before, but you do run up against a solid invisible object.
Thanks for all the info... already got your log and save and I'll try to get to the bottom of it. Attached screen from my game to show how it looks for us lucky bastards ;).

Attachments

• proper_trigger.jpg
    proper_trigger.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 0

Sorry for the double post, but I believe the reason for it warrants it:
For everyone getting crashes related to missing files (especially audio) and those who don't see anything on the floor after chasing the robot in the "maze" (see my previous post for reference) - please reinstall RPG Maker VX Ace RTP (can be downloaded for free ).

Don't know why, but there's a lot of similar problems related to RTP lately - almost as if something is deleting RTP files at random...
Ech... two more things on my TODO list... as if it isn't too long already :mad:.
Apologies to everyone affected, and thanks again to Wulfe for his cooperation :).

Last edited:

If I've only installed VX ACE RTP and not VX RTP on my new pc (which is entirely possible), could that be responsible for the bug? Would the game even run if that were the case?

If I've only installed VX ACE RTP and not VX RTP on my new pc (which is entirely possible), could that be responsible for the bug? Would the game even run if that were the case?
Damn, VX Ace RTP is required and I'm pretty sure reinstalling it will fix this issue... corrected previous post.

Last edited:

So I re-installed RPG maker XV Ace with RTP and I still can't see the graphics for the fuses. I don't have any other RPG maker games installed right now, so IDK how this is happening.

A current theory is that it's related to installing the RTP in a custom path, did you install it to one, or the default one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back