What's new

Member Announcements Thread

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score
Re: Member Announcements Thread

We regain two lost members just to lose LDF now? T_T

Well, thank you at least for the clear explanation and not leaving us all confused about reasons.

I can also see what you mean by the social circles stuff, though it doesn't much bother me. I guess I'd fit into group 3, but that's not to say I give any other evils or deliberately avoid any section. If I had more time I'd post more often in the everything else section. If I had something to share (that wasn't already here) I'd contribute more to the H section.

The group 1 types for example, if some only lurk the H games or focus on the H discussions, doesn't really seem an issue. It means there's always new things to see when I have time to download some games. Like wise, I doubt any of the more focused hentai section users actually look at the roleplay link and thinks anything wrong of it. Just a difference of interests. Even the low post H lurkers could well have roleplay games they take part in elsewhere on the net. It's just not why they came here.

I can't argue the status of the 'close knit community' bit. I've never quite been able to take part enough to know people as much as I might like to.

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

i guess this is a bad time to say that my time is going to but drastically cut.

Within the span of two hours today, i got a job and I start on monday. 2PM-10PM EST

Host

Lurker
Reputation score

I've already been a little meh about the forums recently, haven't been checking it as much, avoiding going into certain sections, finding that there are only a few threads here that even hold my interest anymore.
Yeah, I was like that a while ago (month? Few months? Not sure). It seemed to happen because I ran out of good, active RP’s. Took a break (admittedly for other reasons), came back. I’m still not in any active RPs, but the place is shiny now.

The Hentai Games section no longer has that special feel of being mostly good games that appeal to the general fetish of those that visit the forum, instead they tend to mostly be Youngmike spamming links and threads, and random lurkers/lurkers with registered accounts replying and complaining.
And then we did the vanilla clean up. It was bad, yeah, but this is the point where things start getting better.

The Roleplay section, which held me interest for the longest time, has gradually become a cesspool of two general types of roleplayers:
1. "I minmax my characters/I play to win!"
Hmm, I’ve still yet to start reading through some of the stat-ed games, but in everything I have read I haven’t seen this happening. We do have one or two who have the tendency to steal the show, but generally it’s not all that bad.

or
2. "Rape meeeeee"
Hey, hey, pot and kettle and that. …Alright, so that doesn’t properly apply in this situation, but still.

It slowly became less and less enjoyable to play with these kinds of people, and there are far too few people that don't fall into this category, and most of them aren't even online that much anymore
This I do agree with. In the roleplays I’ve been keeping up with, we’re starting to run down on legitimately good and interesting roleplayers/characters.

and overall, I am losing interest in even attempting to do anything.
Copy-Pasteing: “Yeah, I was like that a while ago (month? Few months? Not sure). It seemed to happen because I ran out of good, active RP’s. Took a break (admittedly for other reasons), came back. I’m still not in any active RPs, but the place is shiny now.”

The Everything Else section has to an extent become 4chan lite, not going to point fingers or anything about why/how this is happening. I have casually voiced a complaint a few times but as there wasn't really any damage done, nothing resulted. Either way, I avoid that section unless there's something really catches my eye, and even then, I usually click the thread, facepalm, then go do something else. This trend also seems to slowly be creeping over to the blank page section.
Not seeing it. We were always random, we always derailed. We’ve hated since the beginning. It’s usually in jest (except for Avatar/Twilight), it’s generally fun, and we understand that. (And… “Blank Page section”? We have a “Blank” section, with a “CYOA” subsection, but no “Blank Page” section that I know of…)

At any given time, the forum is generally populated by about 75% lurkers, guests who don't bother registering and are only here to check out the hgames posted to see if we have something that hongfire/hentaipalm/other hgame sites doesn't have yet given our semi more lax rules on posting. A minor annoyance at best, but it slowly builds.
Agreeing on this one, mainly the fact that it’s a minor annoyance at best.

The actual forum goers themselves have, to an extent, isolated themselves into different sections, only briefly crossing over if something piques their interest, which generally isn't much.
It’s less a case of isolating ourselves to different categories, and more a case of isolating ourselves from certain categories. The hentai section had gone to shit, so we keep away. The Roleplay section has gotten tons of RPs with tons of posts, so we keep away (or stick to the RP’s we like, or ignore the other sections to be able to have time for the RP section…).

Now it just seems everyone squats in their social circles and gives the other ones an evil eye
Again, not seeing it. ‘Staying in our preferred sections’ =/= ‘hating on those in other sections’. Only two I can think of doing anything even remotely similar are Mo and Obe, who’ve been hating on roleplaying/anime/basically everything else for as long as they’ve been alive. That is not a ‘recent’ development.

Overall, the forum has stopped being the fun, semi close knit community that I had grown to love when I first joined.
Not Seeing It. I can’t really put it in a more understandable way than that.

Plus to a degree, I still feel that it was my fault our first home/forum blew up.
Not even slightly.

Long story short, leave and come back. I’ve felt the same way before, and I can safely say it gets better.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Well, as I tend to say when folks mention leaving, good luck and godspeed, Loli. If you choose to join us again, you know you'll be welcome. Otherwise, enjoy yourself and feel free to stop in now and again, if just to let us know you're still alive, hey? Take care out there. The internet's a wild place, heh.

And, side note, Chibi...grats on the job. Paychecks are nice.

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

And yes, yes they are indeed. I can't wait to get one. And it's a full-time job too <3

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

@ Chibi: Awesome, congrats on getting a job :D. Just don't go forgetting about us now :p

@ Firina: I was gonna quote some of your stuff and make counter-points, but then I got lazy and said fuck it. My point is this, though: take a hiatus, come back to us in a month or 3/5/6/ w/e, and THEN decide on whether you're gonna be gone for good. Even if you don't think so, I think that considering the fact that we're an online community, we're still pretty close-knit, and it would suck to lose you.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Loli, I'm really shite at charisma. I've tried a few times before and it never worked out, so I'll just say have a good one, and hope to see you around, even if only on MSN.

Wonderboy

Lurker
Reputation score

Well, I don't know about the rest of you,
But I've been more careful after a stalker came through.
He's been reading and spreading my thoughts here around,
It seems my secrets and thoughts want to be found.

And LDF, feel free to go,
I hope you enjoyed the show,
If at some point you need,
Someone who doesn't judge the way you bleed.
Someone who cares but doesn't know who you are,
Someone besides that guy in the bar.

Just come on back, We'll always be here,
To help you out into the clear.

Wonderboy

Lurker
Reputation score

Double post, coming through with the thickness,
But this time to discuss potential dickness,
Last night for the very first time,
Someone negrepped me and told me not to rhyme.

Now I'm all for stopping if the majority wants it,
And I admit that sometimes my rhymes are really shit.
Thing is, I got three minus reps in a very short timeframe,
And I'm thinking maybe it's just one guy trying to spread shame.

Anyways they were all directed at my first rhyming call,
So it might be I shouldn't care at all,
But in any case, I aske the majority,
Shall I quit by request of your authority?

Attachments

Momiji

Lurker
Reputation score

Double post, coming through with the thickness,
But this time to discuss potential dickness,
Last night for the very first time,
Someone negrepped me and told me not to rhyme.

Now I'm all for stopping if the majority wants it,
And I admit that sometimes my rhymes are really shit.
Thing is, I got three minus reps in a very short timeframe,
And I'm thinking maybe it's just one guy trying to spread shame.

Anyways they were all directed at my first rhyming call,
So it might be I shouldn't care at all,
But in any case, I aske the majority,
Shall I quit by request of your authority?
Typically I avoid reading your posts because of the rhyming. You shouldn't care, but I feel like I should put that out there.

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Wonderboy: I don't really care, but it does make your posts harder to read.

Hali

Lurker
Reputation score

Well, although I haven't been here, I find it entertaining. Maybe I just haven't been around enough to warrant responding though ...

Hopeyouguess62

Has a penis diamiter of 4.5cm
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Wonderboy: I also find it annoying. Not annoying enough to really care, or to negrep somebody. Since you're asking, though, yeah.

Firina: If you wanna make the board a better place, take a look at your posts and then make a...

Change!

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Typically I avoid reading your posts because of the rhyming. You shouldn't care, but I feel like I should put that out there.
I'd agree with this:

I generally don't do neg rep, so I haven't hit you with it, WB, but I do just ignore your posts.

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

I don't care whether you rhyme or not, the problem is it requires us to decipher what you're saying, rather than if you actually just said what you're trying to say.

About the neg-rep, yeah, it's possible someone simply decided to make multiple accounts to neg-rep. That, or 3 people decided together to neg-rep you. Or even 3 people who simply neg-repped you at the same time just by chance, though it's the least likely of the three.

Master_Bei_Shun

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I'll admit there has been quite a few of your posts that i've just "Skimmed" over due to it's rhyming... Just to try to cut the fat But I also try to do that with most of Hosts posts too lol (Sorry Host but you do talk a lot...)

But onto why I'm posting here...

we all know by now my situation with the accursed PSP and ninjaing internets...

Well...

We ran out of Internets...

Falling back to once a day visits from local library...

And I want to smash my ugly stick off of every body's face on my block... (Granted they still have Internets...) GEEEVE MEEEE

Reputation score

Well I doubt I will ever be able to truly leave ULMF but at the same time a part of me died when the First one exploded I was always paranoid and felt out of place to begin with. I Doubt I will ever be a true active member of ULMF purely because Nothing here Intrests me the same way it used to There are many roleplays but I Find that I just don't have that warm tingly Feeling I got way back when. I take Many Haitus and I come back but Really its just like a shell of my former self.

Whats most frustrateing is that most of the time I want to be more active or be a better member. But its just not there anymore I feel like I was left behind and forgotten.

Mostly I brought that apon my self I have no doubt. But my few friends I talk to still are just Reminents of the way the old Forum. Because I can pretend that its the good old days. Problem is Even With being an Co-admin for the Roleplaying Chat I hide in I feel distent.

So basicly I suppose it means thats Shadow Has never Really left but He will never Truely return either because he created a wall between him self and the community after we migrated our final time.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Okay, because it was asked for, a copy of the story I was mentioned in for our local paper. The only reason I copied it instead of posting a link is because my full name is in there and I wanted to edit it out, especially since I know at least one boss at work has searched me on Facebook. I'd prefer not to get any hits here.

They're not quite like Monopoly or Candy Land.

In fact, people might not recognize most of the nearly 80 games -- including cards, board, strategy tabletop and video games -- that will be featured Friday through Sunday at ErieCon 2010, the area's game convention held at the Avalon Hotel.

Instead of Battleship, Life and poker, there will be Pieces of Eight, Vampire, Ninja vs. Ninja and other games that are most commonly found online or at special hobby shops.

But fun is fun -- no matter what game it is.

"We're trying to find a way to bring all the generations together," said K. Reed, co-organizer of ErieCon 2010.

"Erie is full of gamers; you just don't know about it. A ton of people play, but not a lot of people tell others that they play."

Along with a packed game-play schedule, the convention will have a costume contest, workshops, about six vendors and national qualifying tournaments for certain games.

The event -- with about 25 sponsors, including NBC Universal -- is expected to draw in at least 300 people, according to ErieCon organizers.

But you don't have to be a hard-core gamer to enjoy ErieCon. The convention is meant to be a fun way to learn about new games -- no matter your age, skill level or what type of game you usually play.

Gaming proves quite a draw

A. Martin, B. Malone and C. Reitz are Yu Gi Oh masters.

Or at least they boast impressive Yu Gi Oh card game skills. All three have played in various Yu Gi Oh card playing competitions, where talented card players can win hundreds of dollars in cash or prizes.

On a weekend morning at Above & Beyond Comics, 1126 W. 26th St., the three take up a gaming table with their cards. Each player commands a deck containing creatures, warriors, magicians and more that are played in an effort to lower an opponent's "life points."

Some games could take only a matter of minutes, while others might last an hour or more, said Reitz, 20.

Although the game is based on a Japanese anime of the same name, Martin, 18, explained there's nothing simple or childish about it. Like many other card games, strategy and planning are essential components of the game.

And a little luck.

"It's all chance on the first call, then you have to play your way out of it," said Malone, 19. "You never know what your next card will be."

While all three will be going to ErieCon to try their hand at unfamiliar games, Reitz and Martin will be judges for the Yu Gi Oh tournament. Malone has signed up as a competitor.

They could focus their skills and concentration on any game or activity -- and they admit to spending time with sports and community activities -- but Yu Gi Oh has never been simply about flipping through cards.

"Sure, it's a card game," Martin said.

"But it's more to us," Malone finished. While rifling through their hands and laying down cards, the three talked, joked around and laughed. It's only natural that gamers bond during the hours they spend playing, when anything from school to work to personal issues could come up between hands, they said.

Sure, they've been teased for playing a game based on what's considered a children's cartoon, but it hasn't fazed the three, nor the many other Yu Gi Oh players around the world.

"We don't take it to heart," Malone said. "We really don't care what people think because, at the end of the day, this makes us happy."

They've also attended larger game conventions around the region. But a gaming event closer to home will be exciting, they said, even if it's not as grand as other established conventions.

"This is the biggest gaming thing Erie has ever had," Reitz said.

"At first, we were expecting it to be small," Martin added. "But we expect it to grow."

Right move for Erie

"Erie used to do a lot more of those conventions when I was younger," said S. Howard, 33. "It's nice to see that we're using some hotels in our city."

Games seem like a good start, appealing to people of any age and background. Analysts also predict the multi-billion-dollar industry will grow in the next few years, despite a recent dip in video game industry sales in the United States, which were $1.17 billion in January -- 13 percent less than January 2009 -- according to a February report by NPD Group, a consumer and retail research organization.

Although Howard's game of choice, HeroClix, isn't among the scheduled game events at ErieCon, he said he plans to attend.

HeroClix, a turn-based game, pits DC Comics and Marvel superheroes against one another on a tabletop map.

"It's almost like playing chess with superheroes," said the Erie resident. "I like it because it's mentally stimulating."

Storytelling with button clicks

Every video gamer is different. Some like the action, shoot 'em up games, while others prefer puzzle or adventure themes.

C. Payne, 32, goes for the role-playing games with elaborate stories, including the "Final Fantasy" series and "Dragon Age: Origins." Sometimes it doesn't feel like a game at all.

"The thing with video games is that you're not just reading the story, you're participating in it. You're making the story," she said.

But the Erie resident plans to try out several games during the convention, including the non-video games. Although she's never played it before, Payne plans to play "Rock Band," which will be one of the featured tournaments that weekend.

But that's OK. A place like ErieCon is a good way for people to get a taste of certain games and learn from local pros. Even if they don't consider themselves "gamers," she said.

"ErieCon is for gameplay, not just for gamers," she said. "Some games can be a little overwhelming when you first look at them, but if you're willing to try them out and play with someone... it can be a real good introduction."

Two-in-one hobby

J. Preston commands an army of orcs (or "orks") in Warhammer 40,000, a popular tabletop war game.

That's why he's called "Orky" John.

But in a game that requires dozens or hundreds of little figurines, there are also ways to be creative. Preston paints the pewter figurines, which are unpainted when purchased, and builds the terrains they're played on using different materials, including papier-mâché.

"That's what attracted me to this game," said the 27-year-old. "The level of creativity that you can put into this game all around is amazing."

A stickler for detail, Preston said he easily spends 4 hours to an entire day painting the clothing, skin and weaponry on the little 1- to 2-inch-tall figurines. After about six months, he's almost done with his army of 80 orcs.

By project's end, there are games to play. The technical aspects include using a ruler to measure out the movement of army units across a terrain and rolling dice to determine damage in combat.

But creatively, it's a whole entire world that's come to life.

"With a painting, people see it and they have an emotional reaction. But with this, you can actually play with it and it takes you to a whole different place," he said.

"With the terrain, the way the table is set up, just the way the atmosphere is, you're totally immersed in the game."

Hopefully the article will draw more folks for the Con. I think she did a good job of covering it, personally, but then, I could be a little biased *laughs*

Host

Lurker
Reputation score

Wonderboy, I like the rhyming. I don't have a problem with it and I find you manage to make it either witty or interesting most of the time. I've also read all of your posts, assuming you haven't posted in the 'unsorted hentai' section, or in any of the RP's I'm not currently following. Still, I could see it coming that people would disagree/ignore your posts if you rhymed. I don't have any difficulty deciphering your posts, like some seem to be having, judging by the responses. In the end, do as you please, not as they say.

But I also try to do that with most of Hosts posts too lol (Sorry Host but you do talk a lot...)
Pffft! No worries, Bei-Shun, no worries. 'Stupid-long and overdetailed' is my shtick, after all. Hell, I’m happy I’m notable enough for you to think of me when thinking of overly long posts.

Copper, well, that was better than I'd expected and not as good as I'd hoped. Still, I’d hoped for 'groundbreaking insight and converting all of humanity into gamers (except for a small minority for us to continue laughing/raging at)', so falling short was not the most difficult task imaginable.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I've already been a little meh about the forums recently, haven't been checking it as much, avoiding going into certain sections, finding that there are only a few threads here that even hold my interest anymore.
I can identify with that almost 100%, but only almost. The RP section is pretty much the only place I exist, making semi-decent erotic material for perverts like myself. I've certainly been meh, just like you about it, but that's mainly because of the influx of new, unmentionable people replacing the old, well-known/friendly people.

The Roleplay section, which held me interest for the longest time, has gradually become a cesspool of two general types of roleplayers:
Or rather, bad roleplayers.

I've seen them to, but haven't been too bothered by them. It just seems to me that they're searching for a game similar to my own AWMBI, except for the fact that such a game is either unavailable, or not updated often enough for their tastes, and so they join the RP's, where they really shouldn't be trying to inhabit (for the lack of writing experience and art).

The Everything Else section has to an extent become 4chan lite,
Along the same reasons why I've only made one thread, and a couple posts of videos recently in that area. 'Everything Else' does seem to be becoming the dreadful 'off-topic' of many other forums, filled not with random, derailing things, as Host put it, but stupid statements, and ignorant comments.

Toxic is the only one I see who makes, at the very least, entertaining posts. Whether it be with sarcasm, or a joke. And even with informative input.

The actual forum goers themselves have, to an extent, isolated themselves into different sections, only briefly crossing over if something piques their interest, which generally isn't much.
Like before, I blame this on all the new comers, which may not be fair, but it's true in my case. When it was just us, each of the dozen or so members hanging around would make their own posts/comments regarding whatever the topic concerned, or whatever off-topic discussion arose at the time that we thought would be amusing to entertain.

But, when I see many new posts, I don't see too many familiar names, just a bunch of people with odd/complicated names, who're better off having no name at all to which they can be recognized. This makes me feel a little ostracized, and makes me feel a little unfamiliar as well with the territory.

Not to mention, the unfriendly members who often hang around more than the likable members. You know who I talk about, Loli, I'm sure, who only contribute to the problem of all of the good, familiar members slipping away.

I completely understand where you're coming from, loli. It's part of the reason why updates for you have been coming in a lot slower recently, asides from the fact of my computer borking out on me. :rolleyes:

If it wasn't for the RP section, honestly, I wouldn't even log in as a member.