What's new

Member Announcements Thread

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Member Announcments Thread

See both of you later. Hope everything turns out alright.

Last edited:

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Be safe you two, especially you, Sinful, until you can check in with us again.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Cya sin, careful out there.

In other news, I... Am bored! Completely, utterly, inexcapably bored. I am now in five RPs, trying to keep myself busy, 'cause pretending to be someone that bears only passing mental similarities to me is rewarding and, more importantly, time consuming. But two haven't started yet, one has stopped dead, and two have slowed to a snail's pace. So I figure, why not start one myself? And then nobody applies, which I contribute to my total inability to make a sweet idea sound sweet, nevermind make a prologue that sounds more than mildly interesting. Cause really, who hasn't wanted to be a force adept at some point.

So now I've read the entire blank page, watched nearly every movie I am able to dl, and joined two more browser-based games, and I find myself still having too much spare time. I blame society, for not catering to my every whim like I was daughter to the king of the universe!

/rant

...Ok, I'm done now. That was refreshing, I should do this more often!

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

Err.... you don't have to say if you don't want, but exactly what DO you do that allows you so much free time? Just wondering, 'cause that seems like A LOT of free time right there :p

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Some stories for you Shrike? *shrugs*

Also, thanks for the well wishes. I don't want to get shot again.

Last edited:

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

@Sin: Shot *again*? Ouch. Thanks for the stories, I'll check them out.

@kusanagi: I'm 'Nighttime Campus Management' at the local college. In other words, I'm a janitor. The floor janitor. So basically, I p'm here for around 9 hours, I spend four of which pushing a one-handed broom around, which takes me around 2.5 hours. I then spend 4 hours driving a ride-on scrubbing machine, which uses a hand, a foot, and my ass(won't go without weight on the seat). That takes me about 3 hours. During both of these times I can read or type, so long as I keep half a mind on what I'm doing. The last hour I spend cleaning the gyms' floor, which actually takes all my attention. I make two grand a month doing this o_O Once I'm home, I live in a small town 30 mins away, so not much to do there.

#all: also, I was gonna edit this in to my above post, but since you're all reading this anyway... I don't want anyone to take it that I'm irate at them or anything, I was just so bored I had to write something, and all I could think about was how bored I was. Also, I go play Mind's Eye Theater (VTM LARP) every sunday, which is why you never see me post then

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

Sin-
`Me: Shot -again- !?!?

`You: It's just a flesh wound.

`Me: but... but it's hot lead.... going INTO you... FAST.

`You: 'tis but a scratch!

..... or something along those lines. :p

Shrike-
wow o_O
Yeah, I'd say that leaves you with some time on yer hands :p
If you're town has a bookstore that you can just walk into and read the books in - like Barnes and Nobles, or Borders, or something - I'd say that'd be something to do. That's what I do when I'm bored, least ways.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Unfortunately not, our library also had water damage early in the winter and hasn't been open since. That said, I've read almost every Fantasy and Science Fiction book I could get my hands on, though I favour a few authors more. Orson Scott Card, for instance. Ender's Game is my Bible, I suggest it to everyone who likes sci-fi, and most who don't, I read it around once a month and own two copies, so I can lend it out and still have it at the same time :)

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

My bible's in 14 parts.
And has pictures.
And a pervert who's the landlord of a girl's dorm.

:p
Ken Akamatsu, you magnificent bastard :D

Anyways.

Mangas are my favorite source of reading material, followed closely by stories having to do with magic/dragons (Paolini 4tw).
Of course, the book also has do be well written, or else it's still shit :p

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

I don't read much for manga, but for your second choice try RA Salvatore. Its got magic and a couple dragons, but I read his books. For the fight scenes, which are intense. Got some good plot as well, some difficult moral choices for his characters, which I like.

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Member rate has gone up! Active Member rate has gone down. Has anyone else noticed this?

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

#all: also, I was gonna edit this in to my above post, but since you're all reading this anyway... I don't want anyone to take it that I'm irate at them or anything, I was just so bored I had to write something, and all I could think about was how bored I was. Also, I go play Mind's Eye Theater (VTM LARP) every sunday, which is why you never see me post then
Whooo! A LARPer! I haven't talked to one of those in ages! But then again, it's been ages since I LARPed, so that could be why.

Shrike-
wow o_O
Yeah, I'd say that leaves you with some time on yer hands :p
If you're town has a bookstore that you can just walk into and read the books in - like Barnes and Nobles, or Borders, or something - I'd say that'd be something to do. That's what I do when I'm bored, least ways.
You're one of *those* are you? Well, if you must insist upon using the store as a library, at least be careful with the books and put them back where you found them. Thus ends the rant of the retail bookseller.

My bible's in 14 parts.
And has pictures.
And a pervert who's the landlord of a girl's dorm.
And lemme guess...it's black, too? *snickers*

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

But I'm not though, most I read at the bookstore is a page or two and the back, and I always put them back in the exact place they were if I don't buy them. I actually organize the shelves at my local EB Games, even though I don't work there.

((EDIT: I just realized that wasn't aimed at me... Ah well))

Last edited:

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Oh, that wasn't at you, Shrike. I just quoted Kusanagi, which, of course, meant that you were mentioned to. And yeah, I have a hard time not organizing things when I'm either shopping or even putting *other* things away at work. Mild OCD, I guess. Which is funny, because my room looks like a disaster zone. (But I know where most everything is.)

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

I'm the same way!! I just have way too much stuff though. I live in a one-bedroom apartment and I have a queen-sized bedroom set, a full living room set, a full dining room set, and more kitchen appliances than I know what to do with... Literally...

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

alright peeps that read this, my RP is back up and running.

Get on it :p

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

@Copper: actually, I usually wind up buying the book anyways >.<
But, when I don`t, I always put it back correctly - hell, I fix the whole damn shelf :p
Oh, btw, you wouldn`t happen to have come across a manga called "Psychic Academy", would you? Hard as hell to find any hard copies, let alone scans.

I`ve found that I, too, am OCD when it comes to fixing the shelves at the local B&N and EB stores, and my room`s a mess - but I can find what I need easily enough :D

Momiji

Lurker
Reputation score

Has anybody seen DarkFire the past few days?

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

darkfire was on yesterday

However, kitsune and mot haven't been on since november

plmnko

Tentacle Smut Lord
Reputation score