Re: Member Announcements Thread

'twas very fun. I got a lapdance for my 21st birthday :D

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I got a lapdance on my 18th birthday.

I felt she was too forward, didn't work out between us.

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

or maybe it has to do with what happened after...

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Everyone's coming back and I'm heading out. Just a short overnight to Cleveland for madre's checkup, but promises much shopping and good food and the zoo! Huzzah! See you all Thursday nightish.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Hi guys. Sorry, a bit of a glum post here. I just lost my job, didn't have the guts to tell my flat mates on the day, and so pretended I went to work anyway (night shift), and spent the night in a car park having a miniature breakdown. Not very happy right now.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Ouch, I'm sorry to hear that Squid. I don't really know what to say other than try to cheer up a little, it's never as bad as seems to be at first. You always have us to talk to at the very least.

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

do you need us to tell you we still love you?

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Oh jesus. -hugs- Squid I know how that feels.

And i second Nunu's question.

Wonderboy

Lurker
Reputation score

Loosing your job is shait. I... I don't know what more to say, for some reason the only thing that popped into my head was this:

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Well Squid that blows, still... could be worse.

I'm cold some days

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Seconding most of what was said already (except Wonder's video, which I haven't watched, so I can't say if I do or not.) But yeah, for what it's worth, you've got us.

Just don't turn to spamming internet forums with credit card ads as a source of income and we won't have to track you down and hurt you...

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Thanks guys. Ronny's right and so are those singing convicts nailed to crosses. And Nu+Chib, asking the question is enough for me. It could indeed be worse also.

It's not actually monetary reasons that losing the job was a particular problem for me. I actually still have enough savings from my last good period of full time work over a year ago to last me through the coming year even without government benefits. It's more to do with my issues with failing something again letting people down. So don't worry about me turning to spamming unintelligible fail ads.

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

Best to just tell your flat mates "Look, I was let go from work, but I've got enough money to last a year, and I'll be looking for a job in the meantime."

Not your fault if... well, I'd LIKE to think it's not your fault, it being you and all, that you lost your job. Sometimes, that's just how the world works. Hell, the longest I've managed to hold a job was... I wanna say 4-5 months? Only reason I didn't last longer (inb4sexualjoke) was because they couldn't afford to keep everyone on, so they let the two newest people go, and guess who one of them was.
Personally, I think they were bullshitting me, and simply didn't want to keep paying me $9 an hour. Of course, what they wouldn't tell you is that I was actually doing the work of two people, which is why they were even willing to pay me that much in the first place.

ANYWAYS.

TLDR - Shit happens, feel bad for ya, but you gotta let your flat mates know.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Glad to hear I was a little helpful and also glad you aren't going to become a spambot, since I would have to kill you then.

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

Thanks guys. Ronny's right and so are those singing convicts nailed to crosses. And Nu+Chib, asking the question is enough for me. It could indeed be worse also.

It's not actually monetary reasons that losing the job was a particular problem for me. I actually still have enough savings from my last good period of full time work over a year ago to last me through the coming year even without government benefits. It's more to do with my issues with failing something again letting people down. So don't worry about me turning to spamming unintelligible fail ads.
if you get depressed i will destroy you.

in other news it took me a week but i've managed to finish persona 4

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

if you get depressed i will destroy you.

in other news it took me a week but i've managed to finish persona 4
Awesome.

Done 3 yet?

Also did you get the true ending? The one that explains everything and is so fiendishly hard to get you basically need a walkthrough or to stumble upon it by accident? (it's very tricksy)

Last edited:

Lucas

Lurker
Reputation score

Last night, this was announced.

And then I was all like

AND THEN I BOOKED MY FLIGHT AND HOTEL ROOM. I'M GOING TO WASHINGTON D.C. TO SEE STEPHEN FUCKING COLBERT WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!