What's new

ACT [Menz Studio] Atelier Tia (RJ273582)

Mistix

Lurker
Reputation score
Errr.. I'm getting game breaking errors with v0.12, like when beating the very 1st stage and when picking gems.
Any ideas why this is happening?

Example:
FATAL ERROR in
action number 1
of Step Eventobj_player
for object par_gems:

Variable <unknown_object>.gem_purple(100059, -2147483648) not set before reading it.
at gml_Object_par_gems_Collision_3c27cdab_773c_4469_a15c_62fc95db0164

Last edited:
OP
saga55555

saga55555

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Errr.. I'm getting game breaking errors with v0.12, like when beating the very 1st stage and when picking gems.
Any ideas why this is happening?

Example:
FATAL ERROR in
action number 1
of Step Eventobj_player
for object par_gems:

Variable <unknown_object>.gem_purple(100059, -2147483648) not set before reading it.
at gml_Object_par_gems_Collision_3c27cdab_773c_4469_a15c_62fc95db0164
Maybe you download bug version. I already fixed that bug long time ago.

OP
saga55555

saga55555

Reputation score
I use a PC. Using an Intel i5-4690K, 16GB ram, 980 Ti GPU.
Very headache with performance issue. I'm using i5 with win7 and no FPS drop. Only happen when loading new assets.

156_163_146_167

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Very headache with performance issue. I'm using i5 with win7 and no FPS drop. Only happen when loading new assets.
I found the problem. It's not hardware related, sort of. I use a 165Hz monitor, and when I set the refresh rate to 60Hz in Windows, the game runs fine. It's probably an issue with the engine if I had to make a guess. If I set the refresh rate to anything other than 60 or 59, the game goes back to about half speed.

At least now I know a way to play this game normally.

Boxtie

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Upon hearing that the latest version has spiders and spider webs, I became a Patreon because I'm kind of a fan of game protagonists getting webbed up in the middle of battle.

I have some feedback from my experience playing this newer release:

- Is it possible to optimize the game to make it run faster? Version 0.04 runs well on my computer but version 0.32 runs super-slow. Is it running slower due to added systems like combo counters and such?

- The game only progresses once defeated enemies (excluding females) completely disappear from the screen. Maybe because it runs slower on my computer, this "waiting time" is excruciating. Maybe make them disappear faster so I don't need to wait longer than necessary?

Personal nitpick: I was actually hoping for a tighter bondage with the spiderwebs. Something so tight that Tia's hands are tied behind her back. But I guess the bondage with the spider ladies and Katsumi are okay. I hope Tia gets more tight bondage situations.

OP
saga55555

saga55555

Reputation score
Upon hearing that the latest version has spiders and spider webs, I became a Patreon because I'm kind of a fan of game protagonists getting webbed up in the middle of battle.

I have some feedback from my experience playing this newer release:

- Is it possible to optimize the game to make it run faster? Version 0.04 runs well on my computer but version 0.32 runs super-slow. Is it running slower due to added systems like combo counters and such?

- The game only progresses once defeated enemies (excluding females) completely disappear from the screen. Maybe because it runs slower on my computer, this "waiting time" is excruciating. Maybe make them disappear faster so I don't need to wait longer than necessary?

Personal nitpick: I was actually hoping for a tighter bondage with the spiderwebs. Something so tight that Tia's hands are tied behind her back. But I guess the bondage with the spider ladies and Katsumi are okay. I hope Tia gets more tight bondage situations.
Not sure with game speed because my own computer run as fast as 0.04. Can you show me your spec? notebook? dedicated or integrated graphic card?
Spider has bondage h-sprite. It's trigger when Tia cloth torn and get attack with area web.

Boxtie

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Not sure with game speed because my own computer run as fast as 0.04. Can you show me your spec? notebook? dedicated or integrated graphic card?
Spider has bondage h-sprite. It's trigger when Tia cloth torn and get attack with area web.
Processor: Intel(R) Core(RM)2 Duo CPU E4600 2.40GHz
32 bit system
2 GB RAM

Even if my specs might suck, I can still run 0.04 smoothly than 0.32.
I remember back on 0.04, there were instructions to make the game run better, where I was told to open a filed called "options.ini" and change something there which made 0.04 run smoother.
Are there anything similar for 0.32?
I could not find any "options.ini" for that version.

I just noticed the area attack for the spider after posting.
For some reason, they use that attack rarely.
I like attacks that bind Tia without needing to strip her, like the attacks from the small green slime or those shadow creatures in the cave.
I wish the gallery would also include these miscellaneous restrained animations.

OP
saga55555

saga55555

Reputation score
Processor: Intel(R) Core(RM)2 Duo CPU E4600 2.40GHz
32 bit system
2 GB RAM

Even if my specs might suck, I can still run 0.04 smoothly than 0.32.
I remember back on 0.04, there were instructions to make the game run better, where I was told to open a filed called "options.ini" and change something there which made 0.04 run smoother.
Are there anything similar for 0.32?
I could not find any "options.ini" for that version.
What major different between 0.04 and 0.32 version is the game engine. I changed engine from GMS 1.4 to GMS 2.
The cause should be from my game engine itself. GMS2 support win7 and above. And mainly target for 64 bit.
I can't answer you why it slow on your PC or how to slove right now. I need to test on other PCs or ask on GMS webboard first.
(I remember I ask this question on GMS board many months ago but no good answer -*-).

Boxtie

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
What major different between 0.04 and 0.32 version is the game engine. I changed engine from GMS 1.4 to GMS 2.
The cause should be from my game engine itself. GMS2 support win7 and above. And mainly target for 64 bit.
I can't answer you why it slow on your PC or how to slove right now. I need to test on other PCs or ask on GMS webboard first.
(I remember I ask this question on GMS board many months ago but no good answer -*-).
Major difference is major slowdown and the game frequently pauses.
Maybe it's due to the engine change.

I'm running on 32 bit.
I gotta keep selling dojins so I can get a better computer.

cell943

Reputation score
Hey, I found a couple of odd glitches.
The first is in the cave area. Tia was caught by a shadow (non-H grab) after the rock boss and two Tias appeared on the screen--one grabbed by a shadow and one grabbed by a slime (there were no slimes in the area). After that, I was controlling both Tias. I could actually hit opponents twice as often (and also take twice as much damage).
The second was in a forest area where I fought two lamias and one alchemist girl. I defeated one lamia and the alchemist on the right plateau, and the alchemist caught on the edge of the plateau during her "defeated fall" animation. The animation never completed, so I guess she was never registered as defeated. Because of this, no new enemies spawned and I was unable to leave the area.

Attachments

OP
saga55555

saga55555

Reputation score
Hey, I found a couple of odd glitches.
The first is in the cave area. Tia was caught by a shadow (non-H grab) after the rock boss and two Tias appeared on the screen--one grabbed by a shadow and one grabbed by a slime (there were no slimes in the area). After that, I was controlling both Tias. I could actually hit opponents twice as often (and also take twice as much damage).
The second was in a forest area where I fought two lamias and one alchemist girl. I defeated one lamia and the alchemist on the right plateau, and the alchemist caught on the edge of the plateau during her "defeated fall" animation. The animation never completed, so I guess she was never registered as defeated. Because of this, no new enemies spawned and I was unable to leave the area.
Thank you for your bugs report :D
1.) Did you reenter the start room? It has a bug create Tia when you reenter start room. I just fixed it 2 days ago.
2.) Will try fix it

cell943

Reputation score
For the first one, I loaded a save I took after beating the golem mid-boss and just proceeded from there. When I died and reloaded it again, I didn't get the bug.
The second one is super easy to reproduce. It's happened both times I've been in the room now.

Also, do you need help proofreading your script? Not rewriting, just rephrasing it so it has better grammar and is easier for the English audience to read.

Last edited:
OP
saga55555

saga55555

Reputation score
For the first one, I loaded a save I took after beating the golem mid-boss and just proceeded from there. When I died and reloaded it again, I didn't get the bug.
The second one is super easy to reproduce. It's happened both times I've been in the room now.

Also, do you need help proofreading your script? Not rewriting, just rephrasing it so it has better grammar and is easier for the English audience to read.
Thank you for your offer but I already give Anonymous Ghost Writer to help with my script :D

Burningscarlet

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Combat is great. Feels good when you land your attacks successfully and stun lock them in the air. There's this one part where if you fall down a battle commences and you can't leave until you beat them which is annoying, especially if you fall multiple times. H-Animations could also use some work.

Overall looking real good. Can't wait for the final product!

OP
saga55555

saga55555

Reputation score
Combat is great. Feels good when you land your attacks successfully and stun lock them in the air. There's this one part where if you fall down a battle commences and you can't leave until you beat them which is annoying, especially if you fall multiple times. H-Animations could also use some work.

Overall looking real good. Can't wait for the final product!
Thank you :D
Try not to fall down >.<"

four3zero

Reputation score
So for some unknown reason i'm stuck on the very first stage, the female enemy will not vanish after being defeated, and nothing i've tried lets me progress.
Does anyone have a full save file for the most recent version? I'm amazed I can't find one.

OP
saga55555

saga55555

Reputation score
So for some unknown reason i'm stuck on the very first stage, the female enemy will not vanish after being defeated, and nothing i've tried lets me progress.
Does anyone have a full save file for the most recent version? I'm amazed I can't find one.
Very first stage? You mean first battle? Have you helped hostage on the right?
And female enemy in this game don't vanish after defeated.

Gringo555

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I am currenty collecting all the places where the hostages are held. I'm still missing two. Help is appreciated :)
What i currently have:
Atelier Tia v. 0.51 - Hostage Locations (order may vary, depending which path you choose first)

Prologue Stage
0. Hostage - At the beginning right in front of you. Impossible to miss and required to go on. She doesn't appear on a replay of the map.
1. Hostage - Follow the main path. After the first Battle Stage go north. Impossible to miss.
2. Hostage - Follow the main path after hostage 1. At the next branching path, ignore the way to the north and go east. Jump over the crates to find her.
3. Hostage - At the save room before the boss fight. Impossible to miss.

Mountain Stage
1. Hostage - At the start of the map go all the way east as possible. She is in the corner of the map.
2. Hostage - Depends on the path you choose. If you choose the eastern path go all the way east and go south at the save point (press Jump + Down).
If you choose the southern path, go all the way east until you reach the area where you climb to the save point. Drop to the layer with the bee hive
and go east. Rescuing the hostage will trigger a battle stage with several waves of goblins.
3. Hostage - After defeating the mini boss in front of the house. Impossible to miss. Unlocks new items.
4. Hostage - At the platform area with the alchemist, the spearman and the two beehives. She is below the platform where the spearman stands. Drop down on the right side.
5. Hostage - When you climb up to the Boss-Stage you will notice that about halfway the stone wall to the left gets replaced by plants.
Pass through here to find the last hostage.

Cave Stage
1. Hostage - At the first branching path continue to go east. Once you rescue the hostage 3 slimes will drop down on you.
2. Hostage - After clearing the first battle stage (three-layered area) take the upper route. (If you encounter the tentacle beast first, you have chosen the wrong path.)
3. Hostage - After killing the golem choose the southern path. As soon as you climb up, you will notice a faint light from a wall. Enter and you find the hostage.
(You can reach this area from the other path, too by going south. But the way is longer.)
4. Hostage - Really tricky ! At the area with the many cavern entrances (3 North, 2 South, Middle one to continue to boss) take the last northern entrance.
You see a grey stone wall at the right side. Throw a bomb at it, to blow it away and enter the area behind it. This one gives you new items.
5. Hostage - At the last area when you drop down to the save crystal. You notice an entrance in mid-air. Drop down and Jump in mid-air to reach it.
If you missed it, you can always try again by going west, climb up and fall down again.

Forest Stage (navigating here is pretty difficult)
1. Hostage - Take the first northern branch. She is in the area with the second braching path on the upper layer.
2. Hostage - After the first hostage take the nothern path again and go west. Once you rescue the hostage a difficult battle stage will start. (with many spiders)
3. Hostage - Now it's getting complicated. At the start of the labyrinth go East, North, North, North, East. You should encounter another Big slime miniboss.
Continue East to find an elf. Rescue her and the elves will show you the way to the boss.
4. Hostage - I have absolutly no idea !
5. Hostage - I have absolutly no idea !

Ice Stage
1. Hostage - Continue the path as usual. At the very first branch go east.
2. Hostage - When you reach a 3-layered area (with 2 harpies and 2 mini-yetis) look at the upper-left corner.
3. Hostage - After the mini-boss continue as usual. You will see the hostage behind an ice wall. Throw a bomb to gain access. After you rescue the hostage, 3 shadows will spawn.
4. Hostage - When you climb up the icy cave, you should notice a platform that is really close to the left side of the screen. Pass through here, defeat the ice golem and find the hostage.
5. Hostage - After the battle stage with the many harpies choose either way. Once you reach an open-climbing-area look at the upper-left corner.

Volcano Stage
1. Hostage - Continue east. Once you reach platforms to climb up, ignore them and go further east. You will enter a battle stage with orcs and goblins, as well as the hostage.
2. Hostage - Now matter what path you take, you will eventually reach a cavern and climb up. You should see the hostage near the upper end. I don't think she is missable.
3. Hostage - After defeating the mini-boss you will soon encounter another 3-layered battle stage. When you are done, take the upper-right path first to find the hostage.
4. Hostage - At the same 3 layered battle stage as before, continue on the lower-right path. You will have to climb here. Enter the first cavern at the right side.
The hostage is behind a lava fall. Throw a frost bomb (the snowman) to make it disappear.
5. Hostage - At the same area as before, enter the fourth cave entrance (on the left side). Run through the fire traps and you find the hostage.

If someone found the two missing ones in the forest, I will gladly add them here.

Btw I guess the animations will get changed in the final version, as especially in the later stages all hostage animations are the same (blond girl with slime)