What's new

RPG RPG Maker Loli [ 一人オンライン / One person on-line] FUMIKA FANTASY (RJ242995)

unkownmyriad

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
OK, on the off chance that you've somehow stumbled something almost noone else did (unlikely, though it may happen): screenshot of the error and listing (for example, result of 'dir > list.txt') of the dir the error points to.
Andysnap_361.png

JustLurksHere

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
...and the listing of img/characters ?
Interesting, though. That quoted string is utf8 for フミカ...
Are you *running* the game in the Japanese locale too ?

Bryanis

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Then the other question would be : had your computer been set to japanese local setting when you unpack the game archive ?
If yes, are you sure of your source for the game (if you didn't buy it) ? If the uploader unpack the game archive on non japanese computer before re packing it for upload it could have mess with the file name.

Since it's MV, it's not a RTP problem.

I've seen - very rarely - time when even on japanese local setting, a long path to the exe or japanese name in the path could bring up error, so you might want to try moving the game to something like c:\rj24295\game.exe to try.

noman

Lurker
Reputation score
For a demo there's a ridiculous amount of content.

Has anyone managed to enter the slum town? The one that requires you to be naked? I tried losing my clothes but I still couldn't enter.

Lazka

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
For a demo there's a ridiculous amount of content.

Has anyone managed to enter the slum town? The one that requires you to be naked? I tried losing my clothes but I still couldn't enter.
with cheat? yea (not much content tough)
normal way? no, bcause no event for starting that town (must meet someone 1st)

noman

Lurker
Reputation score
with cheat? yea (not much content tough)
normal way? no, bcause no event for starting that town (must meet someone 1st)
Thanks.

The balance in this game is really weird. Most of the monsters are easy to beat, but when you stray off the path the monsters become literally hundreds of times stronger. The game does warn you to stay on the path, but the level gap is strange.

zipetya

Reputation score
99% sure that's an error you get when unzipping the archive of the game in non-Japanese locale - the filenames that would have Japanese characters in them would jumble up, so the game cannot find them when needed. I tested it with the trial, and what do you know, I get a very similar loading error if I unzip it incorrectly. So download from DLsite again (just in case), and be sure to be in Japanese locale before unzipping (like Bryanis said). Also just in case, locale is locale, not format and not location, in the windows settings. You dig? ;)

abiroyon

Reputation score
99% sure that's an error you get when unzipping the archive of the game in non-Japanese locale - the filenames that would have Japanese characters in them would jumble up, so the game cannot find them when needed. I tested it with the trial, and what do you know, I get a very similar loading error if I unzip it incorrectly. So download from DLsite again (just in case), and be sure to be in Japanese locale before unzipping (like Bryanis said). Also just in case, locale is locale, not format and not location, in the windows settings. You dig? ;)
Is there a way to unzip with Japanese locale without changing the system locale settings? I remember that there was a way to do it with 7zip or something, but I don't remember how to do it.

Bryanis

Reputation score
Is there a way to unzip with Japanese locale without changing the system locale settings? I remember that there was a way to do it with 7zip or something, but I don't remember how to do it.
Either use sijunzip (search internet), only work on zip file without password and single archive (not multi part).
Or change the setting of a recent winrar version => name encoding => switch from default (or whatever you have) to japanese.
Should do the trick.

But it's always best to have japanese local setting if you can.

Maryel

Lurker
Reputation score
jaja so sad when i saw this topic updated i was jumping of thinking already out T_T

SirMalo

Cthulhu
Reputation score
Looks like the release date has shifted to March.
It's normal by now that every second dev on dlsite has to move the release date at least once. The niveau of taking your time and announcing realistic release dates drops faster than a meteor who says hello to earth.

Maryel

Lurker
Reputation score
damn such a hopes up then. marimo new game i wait comes in march then will move to april as you say O_O time to cry

Fenril

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
There's also scope creep and the fact that most devs don't realize that if you announce much later and release early, their fans will love them more than if they release late.

SirMalo

Cthulhu
Reputation score
There's also scope creep and the fact that most devs don't realize that if you announce much later and release early, their fans will love them more than if they release late.
Yeah i talked about that on F95 Zone too. It's a very simple mind trick but people pay little attention nowadays so it works very good.

You could say those are japanese people and they don't rely on tricks cuz they love to be full of honor but yeah...not all think that way. X3

ElLurker

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Game is done, it will be released on DLsite on the 5th or 6th. There also seems to be a bit of trouble with the file size, it's too big!

noman

Lurker
Reputation score
Game is done, it will be released on DLsite on the 5th or 6th. There also seems to be a bit of trouble with the file size, it's too big!
I reckon this game will be more fun that 真実の答え. At least I won't have to actually read wall loads of text to understand the story.

Maryel

Lurker
Reputation score
and you need an insane ammount of saves XD. since even fail does advance story haha