Reputation score
Re: OOC

Faith is for the transient people.

That or optimists, which I am not :p.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

How about patience instead? It's the holidays, mate. People are busy.

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

I'm aware of that really, and not in any 'real' hurry to have things moved along. I was just bored enough sitting around this year that I decided to post something only to see if I could stir a reaction out of anyone.

((Well, between solitaire/minesweeper/books I guess.))

OP
Sinfulwolf

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

There is still room for more, and I had ideas to bring in new players even if the RP was well underway... which it isn't.

As for it becoming stagnant, as was said, its the holidays, I've been busy. However, for this RP, the players are as much to blame. The characters all don't have to talk to Lady Alysha. Strike up a conversation with another character, walk the walls. Hell I'm letting folks make up bits of the castle as long as it's within reason. Not everything has to centre around the GM.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

*goes and finds the character sheet then*

Edit: Sheet up. Any issue, lemme know and I'll tweak her. Otherwise, I'll bring her in at the earliest possible convenience.

Last edited:

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I think that the problem is that most people rely on the GM to connect them with the world. And in this, from what I understand, we're all, 'mini GMs', and can do as we please to some extent.

The players aren't doing what you expected, since most of us don't feel properly 'connected' with the world of the RP, and others are, to put it simply, 'basic players' who are just looking to be involved in an RP, and are not prepared to go the length of taking up one of the original GM's responsibilities.

To that end, after reading your first post of the thread, the area around your character(I'm assuming Alysha is basically your character in this, given how glorified the description introducing her was) was the only part of the world we truly knew, and as such, we interacted with it.

Most players here are assuming the usual position of letting the GM do the descriptive, and situational explanations. And to that end, none of us are quite... Used to the situation. And as for chatting it up with another player, that is relatively difficult when, in most of our minds, our characters do not have enough of a positive disposition to one another to actually begin even a casual conversation.

Worse, there was a perfect system involved with how the posts went; The players would post, then the GM would post, then the players and etc... This new style of RP'ing obviously breaks this trend. And as we are no longer meant to wait on the GM, and may post without the above mentioned process, you've basically left us on our own to form another process, which is a bit much to expect from casual players, as all of us are more used to the original way things are done.

Last edited:
OP
Sinfulwolf

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Very true RJ. I suppose this is an experiment more than anything else. We shall see how it goes no?

fanta23

Lurker
Reputation score

My second post before i went on vacation was an attempt at someone else catxching Samira stealing food but no one seemed to want to go there. So Samira now has a small stash of food but i did create to basic areas of a caste. (kitchen and mess hall) I get what wolf is trying to make of this RP and i like it.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I would see it working much much better if it was a group of friends participating, since everyone would easily collaborate together to make their own little story. But, those who don't have any real outstanding friendships with any other players will find it very difficult to actually have any real fun, since most of the fun to be had here is the interaction with other people.

In many cases, the GM would bind all the players together to prevent this, force them into a situation where they have to collaborate, or something similar. And eventually, a friendship of sorts develops, and the players more eagerly seek out each other in the RP, forming a relationship.

DeMatt

Lurker
Reputation score

Well, I've put up a character, and am waiting for GM approval before going nuts in the (only) thread.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

I got bored, so posted anyways. Didn't state much about him past the aptitude for going unseen, so meh.

A good way to think of this would be not as a game, but as a collaborative story. Everyone is an author, yes?

OP
Sinfulwolf

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I suppose that is the best way of looking at it Shrike. This is my first attempt at GMing, and I just wanted to try this method. If it works awesome! If not, oh well.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

A suggestion? Alysha brings up "Under such-and-such Law." Granted, I can see outsider characters not being overly familiar with the rules and regs of a place, but perhaps in the Lore section, we could have mention of various things that characters might have even passing knowledge of. I know we're creating our own bits on slavery, but, for example, how common is it? Would Rohn be shocked that Deagan's an escaped slave or are there, for example, freemen that still wear their collars as a sign of what they endured? General laws (like thieves losing hands), little things like that. Might either help avoid situations or give us fuel for more, hehehehe.

OP
Sinfulwolf

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

The slaving bit is actually almost entirely out of my hands. The others have been making that up as it goes. As for the laws and such, yes. I agree.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

Think it was more RJ used it as a 'hook' and we all kinda hit to that for a bit ^^; maybe me and RJ could toss ideas and work something out on the slave bit, as we both has chars that feature that.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Yeah, it was mainly just a hook to get him involved in something. And Deagan is very overzealous about what he thinks is right. And as you can see, sparks fly when someone as stubborn as him collide heads.

OP
Sinfulwolf

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Just remember RJ, actions have consequences. People are not immortal.
I however love the drama you've brought into it RJ. Despite my in game reaction. Drama is what keeps the story exciting no?

Deagan also lost the position he was gonna get...

Last edited:

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

You can kill him off whenever you want, you're the GM. But, as some of the other characters have agreed, Alysha did act over the top with her punishment. And when Deagan was shocked, questioning what she did, she was the first one to become hostile after she threatened him for not simply just shutting his mouth and going with it. So it's not like Deagan's out for trouble, he just doesn't like stuck up nobles on a power trip, much less people who murder the helpless. He's very firm in what he believes is right.

And I don't know what that last statement was for. I wasn't even aware I was going to get a position. But, since it's already lost, I suppose it doesn't matter.

Edit in response to edit: Hey, I've always been good at being in character... Even if it pisses some people off. >.>

OP
Sinfulwolf

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I don't think I'll kill him off without your consent... unless he does something stupid. Would you make a new character if your current one did get killed off?

Status
Not open for further replies.