What's new

VN/TEXT Patreon Outbreak Games: Snow Daze 1.0 release out now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keep

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
great news !
thanks, as always, for all the work you've poured into this !

OP
Cypress_z

Cypress_z

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
great news !
thanks, as always, for all the work you've poured into this !
Thanks for replying, I kinda felt like the people here stopped caring. Glad someone still does!

Keep

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Thanks for replying, I kinda felt like the people here stopped caring. Glad someone still does!
would be suprised if it were so, given the quality of your writing and especially the art/CGs, since that usually is able to convince new people to give this a try.

Probably they're just pretty silent or haven't seen it being released for free yet.

AnonTheHuman

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Probably they're just pretty silent.
What Keep said is pretty accurate. For me, I've kept silent tabs on this, like many other games, for a while but don't comment because I feel awkward giving praise/criticism since it often turns incoherent for various reasons. Don't know about others' cases though. Most likely just lurkers doing their thing.

OP
Cypress_z

Cypress_z

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
would be suprised if it were so, given the quality of your writing and especially the art/CGs, since that usually is able to convince new people to give this a try.

Probably they're just pretty silent or haven't seen it being released for free yet.
Yeah, this release is completely free. I started out just making stuff for fun as a regular guy on a few forums. This forum was one of the first ones that talked about my first game and it helped me find artists and others to help me along the way so I've always posted here.

What Keep said is pretty accurate. For me, I've kept silent tabs on this, like many other games, for a while but don't comment because I feel awkward giving praise/criticism since it often turns incoherent for various reasons. Don't know about others' cases though. Most likely just lurkers doing their thing.
Thanks. I don't mind lurkers, I just like knowing people are still out there and I appreciate you speaking up.

Umbraunt

Reputation score
Loving the game but I think I'm running into some kind of bug. Doesn't matter what I say to Noelle in any of the scenes with her, I have -1 affection with her at the end of each day. I'm pretty sure it's preventing me from getting the harem end. It's also giving me gamebreaking errors, which I've been telling it to ignore; it keeps going but Noelle's affection just refuses to increase. At least one is when he checks the channels at night to see their progress, right before showing Noelle's. Here's the traceback:
----------------------
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
Exception: u'/i' closes a text tag that isn't open.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "day3.rpyc", line 2529, in script
  File "D:\Purphorus\Downloads\g\SnowDaze-0.9.20-pc\SnowDaze-0.9.20-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 624, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, interact=self.interact, *args, **kwargs)
  File "D:\Purphorus\Downloads\g\SnowDaze-0.9.20-pc\SnowDaze-0.9.20-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1173, in say
    who(what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "D:\Purphorus\Downloads\g\SnowDaze-0.9.20-pc\SnowDaze-0.9.20-pc\renpy\character.py", line 911, in __call__
    self.do_display(who, what, cb_args=self.cb_args, **display_args)
  File "D:\Purphorus\Downloads\g\SnowDaze-0.9.20-pc\SnowDaze-0.9.20-pc\renpy\character.py", line 747, in do_display
    **display_args)
  File "D:\Purphorus\Downloads\g\SnowDaze-0.9.20-pc\SnowDaze-0.9.20-pc\renpy\character.py", line 523, in display_say
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='say', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "D:\Purphorus\Downloads\g\SnowDaze-0.9.20-pc\SnowDaze-0.9.20-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 287, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "D:\Purphorus\Downloads\g\SnowDaze-0.9.20-pc\SnowDaze-0.9.20-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2553, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "D:\Purphorus\Downloads\g\SnowDaze-0.9.20-pc\SnowDaze-0.9.20-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2916, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "D:\Purphorus\Downloads\g\SnowDaze-0.9.20-pc\SnowDaze-0.9.20-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 1980, in draw_screen
    renpy.config.screen_height,
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 430, in renpy.display.render.render_screen (gen\renpy.display.render.c:6938)
    rv = render(root, width, height, 0, 0)
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 196, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:2983)
    rv = d.render(widtho, heighto, st, at)
  File "D:\Purphorus\Downloads\g\SnowDaze-0.9.20-pc\SnowDaze-0.9.20-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 702, in render
    surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 110, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:3445)
    cpdef render(d, object widtho, object heighto, double st, double at):
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 196, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:2983)
  File "D:\Purphorus\Downloads\g\SnowDaze-0.9.20-pc\SnowDaze-0.9.20-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 702, in render
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 110, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:3445)
  File "D:\Purphorus\Downloads\g\SnowDaze-0.9.20-pc\SnowDaze-0.9.20-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 625, in render
    child = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)
  File "D:\Purphorus\Downloads\g\SnowDaze-0.9.20-pc\SnowDaze-0.9.20-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1093, in render
    st, at)
  File "D:\Purphorus\Downloads\g\SnowDaze-0.9.20-pc\SnowDaze-0.9.20-pc\renpy\text\text.py", line 1774, in render
    virtual_layout = Layout(self, width, height, renders, drawable_res=False, size_only=True)
  File "D:\Purphorus\Downloads\g\SnowDaze-0.9.20-pc\SnowDaze-0.9.20-pc\renpy\text\text.py", line 550, in __init__
    self.paragraphs = self.segment(text.tokens, style, renders, text)
  File "D:\Purphorus\Downloads\g\SnowDaze-0.9.20-pc\SnowDaze-0.9.20-pc\renpy\text\text.py", line 882, in segment
    raise Exception("%r closes a text tag that isn't open." % text)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.13.2919
Snow Daze: The Music of Winter 0.9.20
E: Nevermind, I think I just got the way into it. Still might wanna find the error though. :p

EE: Fun fun bug report time! I did indeed get the harem end, and looking in the CG gallery, I'm missing about half of the pictures, including things I know I've seen in chronological order. I have a new hypothesis. I now think what it's actually doing, rather than locking me out of an ending, is preventing most of Noelle's CGs from unlocking despite seeing them. No clue how any of that's tied together, but as a programmer myself, I know better than to think bugs form logical connections!

Last edited:
OP
Cypress_z

Cypress_z

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Loving the game but I think I'm running into some kind of bug. Doesn't matter what I say to Noelle in any of the scenes with her, I have -1 affection with her at the end of each day. I'm pretty sure it's preventing me from getting the harem end. It's also giving me gamebreaking errors, which I've been telling it to ignore; it keeps going but Noelle's affection just refuses to increase. At least one is when he checks the channels at night to see their progress, right before showing Noelle's. Here's the traceback:
----------------------
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "day3.rpyc", line 2529, in script
File "D:\Purphorus\Downloads\g\SnowDaze-0.9.20-pc\SnowDaze-0.9.20-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 624, in execute
renpy.exports.say(who, what, interact=self.interact, *args, **kwargs)
File "D:\Purphorus\Downloads\g\SnowDaze-0.9.20-pc\SnowDaze-0.9.20-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1173, in say
who(what, *args, **kwargs)
File "D:\Purphorus\Downloads\g\SnowDaze-0.9.20-pc\SnowDaze-0.9.20-pc\renpy\character.py", line 911, in __call__
self.do_display(who, what, cb_args=self.cb_args, **display_args)
File "D:\Purphorus\Downloads\g\SnowDaze-0.9.20-pc\SnowDaze-0.9.20-pc\renpy\character.py", line 747, in do_display
**display_args)
File "D:\Purphorus\Downloads\g\SnowDaze-0.9.20-pc\SnowDaze-0.9.20-pc\renpy\character.py", line 523, in display_say
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='say', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "D:\Purphorus\Downloads\g\SnowDaze-0.9.20-pc\SnowDaze-0.9.20-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 287, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "D:\Purphorus\Downloads\g\SnowDaze-0.9.20-pc\SnowDaze-0.9.20-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2553, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "D:\Purphorus\Downloads\g\SnowDaze-0.9.20-pc\SnowDaze-0.9.20-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2916, in interact_core
self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
File "D:\Purphorus\Downloads\g\SnowDaze-0.9.20-pc\SnowDaze-0.9.20-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 1980, in draw_screen
renpy.config.screen_height,
File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 430, in renpy.display.render.render_screen (gen\renpy.display.render.c:6938)
rv = render(root, width, height, 0, 0)
File "D:\Purphorus\Downloads\g\SnowDaze-0.9.20-pc\SnowDaze-0.9.20-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 625, in render
child = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)
File "D:\Purphorus\Downloads\g\SnowDaze-0.9.20-pc\SnowDaze-0.9.20-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1093, in render
st, at)
File "D:\Purphorus\Downloads\g\SnowDaze-0.9.20-pc\SnowDaze-0.9.20-pc\renpy\text\text.py", line 1774, in render
virtual_layout = Layout(self, width, height, renders, drawable_res=False, size_only=True)
File "D:\Purphorus\Downloads\g\SnowDaze-0.9.20-pc\SnowDaze-0.9.20-pc\renpy\text\text.py", line 550, in __init__
self.paragraphs = self.segment(text.tokens, style, renders, text)
File "D:\Purphorus\Downloads\g\SnowDaze-0.9.20-pc\SnowDaze-0.9.20-pc\renpy\text\text.py", line 882, in segment
raise Exception("%r closes a text tag that isn't open." % text)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.13.2919
Snow Daze: The Music of Winter 0.9.20
E: Nevermind, I think I just got the way into it. Still might wanna find the error though. :p

EE: Fun fun bug report time! I did indeed get the harem end, and looking in the CG gallery, I'm missing about half of the pictures, including things I know I've seen in chronological order. I have a new hypothesis. I now think what it's actually doing, rather than locking me out of an ending, is preventing most of Noelle's CGs from unlocking despite seeing them. No clue how any of that's tied together, but as a programmer myself, I know better than to think bugs form logical connections!
We've got a new build coming soon that should fix this bug!

OP
Cypress_z

Cypress_z

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
I'm making a change to my business and working on a few projects other than Snow Daze. I don't have a thread specifically for a lot of these other projects yet so I wanted to inform you all of what we're doing in this one! There's a lot, so strap yourself in!

First off let me start by saying that we are going to be changing things on the patreon and moving to more of a minimalist approach there. We're going to start putting a lot of stuff on our own website soon. Although it's fairly barebones at the moment we will be adding a looooot to this site.

We've got several projects ongoing at the moment and we're close to finishing them, so let me give you this comprehensive overview. Snow Daze is close to completion. It should either be done by the end of this month or during next month. Kissing Therapy is getting an update - no new content, but more lewd pics and a slight adjustment to make the story better. Hypnolab VR is getting worked on as well - the game isn't properly playable yet but will serve as an excellent place for us to test animations before going into Overwhored 2. Finally, Overwhored 2 is working towards a first demo. We'll have pictures to preview all of this in our megapost. Our primary focus at the moment is getting the site up, updating Kissing Therapy and finishing Snow Daze. Kissing Therapy Relewded should come out this month! Here's the info in quick graphics form:

Let's list out some previews for the new stuff we're working on! These are some of the new CG's from Kissing Therapy Relewded.

Next onto Snow Daze! We're redrawing some art and making a few additional pictures to fill in detail to make sure the game is of the highest quality!

We're also adding underwear outfits which are previewed below!

We're working to update Hypnolab as well! Soon it'll be a fully functional game in VR with an assortment of hypnotists tools and a willing scientist to test them on.

And Overwhored!

In case you missed it, here's some of our environment design:

And here's some of our lady design. Branda from Overwhored 1 has a new look for Overwhored 2! Let's start with the design sheet!

And here's our early, WIP rendition of Branda in 3d!

I hope you enjoyed the previews! The work we're doing is thanks to your support! A special thank you to everyone that's been a patron! You make the games possible!

OP
Cypress_z

Cypress_z

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Hello again everyone! I've got more previews back! We've been super busy at Outbreak Games making all kinds of awesome stuff! Most importantly though, we have some release dates!

Firstly! Snow Daze 1.0 will release to patrons on Midnight of Friday the 13th! Why the spooky date? Because Snow Daze is psychological horror, but mostly because it's easy to remember. The complete, total, finished release of Snow Daze with all redrawn pics and content will be out on Friday the 13th in April!

There will also be a release this month - Kissing Therapy Relewded! Kissing Therapy was a minigame we made for a game jam that had a few scenes that should have gotten pics. Because it was made quickly I decided to go back and show it a little love. It will come out on Friday the 30th of March!

Snow Daze:

Now for Snow Daze! The next version of the game will have several scenes entirely redrawn and polished. The 1.0 release will be for patrons only for a month. The patron version will include some bonuses such as the bonus audio and bonus scenes that won't go out in the free version. Here are some continuing previews of Snow Daze with color, done by Idlecum and Freeglass.

Kissing Therapy Relewded:
The addition of several scenes and a simple rewrite to the story have kicked it up a notch. Take a look!

Overwhored Rise 2 Heaven
Overwhored 2 is still developing but is coming along quite nicely. First we have some new scenery we'll be putting into the game made by a new team member, Quireink.

Branda's model is now done - expect to see new animations soon!

Remember - all of this is thanks to the Patrons. I make these games and give them out because the patrons hold me up. They are the power that keeps us going. Thank you all for helping me to finish not one, but two video games and a minigame. Here's to hoping for many more!

Last edited:

Lucratio

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Alright, got a question about Snow Daze Cypress.
I played the Game , uff... I dunno 4 months ago from Start to finish with proper preggo endings and Harem. Which you earned many kudos from me btw ,)

My question would be if I should play through it again then with its final Release.
Are there new Scenes or Endings for me to see?

Also I remember Overwhored now xD
You've come a long way now and I really liked the Games you have done.
Keep it up.

OP
Cypress_z

Cypress_z

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Alright, got a question about Snow Daze Cypress.
I played the Game , uff... I dunno 4 months ago from Start to finish with proper preggo endings and Harem. Which you earned many kudos from me btw ,)

My question would be if I should play through it again then with its final Release.
Are there new Scenes or Endings for me to see?

Also I remember Overwhored now xD
You've come a long way now and I really liked the Games you have done.
Keep it up.
There's a lot of polish/redrawn art and there will be the bonus audio (short mini-scenes) and bonus art included in the patron version, new costumes and the ability to swap costumes on characters. There's also an entirely new soundtrack for the game made by the original musician. There's also a bunch of bugfixes and other improvements we're including. You can decide if it's worth it for you. Thanks for following me for so long!

OP
Cypress_z

Cypress_z

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Not Snow Daze, I know, but I wanted to share something else we've made. We've decided to update our minigame Kissing Therapy by making Kissing Therapy Relewded! It's the same game, but with extra love and lovely brainwashed girls. Feel free to check it out, the update is free! We've also got a neat artbook for it!

OP
Cypress_z

Cypress_z

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
I've been working on Snow Daze for a few years now, and I'm glad to say that it's close to the time I can show the finished product to the world. Thanks to everyone that stuck with us while we made it. This is the time for it to all pay off.

Now I've got some new previews for you all! I initially hoped to have the game out for a release today, but alas- I had a bit of bad luck. We couldn't quite the get the art done in time for the wonderful release date. The game's final version will still be out this month, however! The delay should be just a few more days. In the mean time I want to show you all some of the awesome art we're working on!

Also, in addition to new art this release of the game will include ALL of the bonus audio. That'll always be a patron thing, though, so waiting for the free version will not get you that extra. This version of the game will also let you swap costumes on characters and include new underwear outfits for all the girls, fully fleshed out expressions and tons of little polish work and bugfixes. This will be the great definitive version of Snow Daze.

OP
Cypress_z

Cypress_z

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
We've been working on this game for two years, and I'm happy to say that it is finally DONE! Snow Daze the Music of Winter is 100% donesies. Doneso. We've put our blood, sweat, tears, and other bodily fluids into this game and made something I'm proud to call ours. It's been a long journey and you all kept us going through the whole period. The game will get a few patches to fix some final small polish issues going forward, but all the content is here. Snow Daze is going to gleam like the winter sun!

The final version includes:

-Redrawn CG's for a number of scenes

-New CG's added to the orgy scene.

-Bonus audio short stories integrated with the game

-The ability to change costumes

-Tons of little tweaks, additions and surprises, characters now have full ranges of expression

-HD mode, with widescreen support

-Costume changing ability.

This release contains some content which will not be released for free - namely all the bonus audio and the extra art. It's releasing today, the 27th of april 2018. Some of this content can only be gotten in this, the final version of the game. It's available to patrons or for sale on itch.io.

Check out these amazing previews!

And some previews of the bonus audio short stories, included in this version of the game!

If you want to keep up on everything we do, follow us on one of these sites:

Or join our discord!

Or check out our website! It's currently a placeholder, but will be up next month.

outbreak.games

Thank you for all of your support! I hope you enjoy the finished game! If the game isn't up by the time you read this it'll be up in a few hours!

Check out the new link to our game!:

DOWNLOAD:

OP
Cypress_z

Cypress_z

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Hello everyone! It's time for the very final truly last update of Snow Daze! This compiles several bits of cut content, namely the individual ending epilogues and a collection of bloopers. These individual endings are sketch only but do have full voice acting.

To download you need to either own the game or be a patron and go through the patreon link to the game page and download the game again. That's it!

(You must be logged into both patreon and itch and have the accounts linked for this link to work.)

I hope you enjoy, because this is it for Snow Daze! I'm currently working on Overwhored 2 which you can check out here:

https://ulmf.org/threads/unity-outbreak-games-overwhored-2-rise-to-heaven.12063/

OP
Cypress_z

Cypress_z

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Snow Daze is coming to Steam! We will soon be selling the definitive version of Snow Daze on Steam. This version will include all of the individual extended endings, character side stories, and blooper reels. If you would like to play the game early, it is still available on itch.io for $10 and for patrons. The free version on the itch.io page has been removed as we will be focusing on our next free title to go through a similar cycle. Thanks for all of your support and we hope enjoy our upcoming games!

For my part I think the quality of the final game speaks for itself. It's well above the quality of the free version and adds so much more they're practically a different game. We've poured a lot of work into this release, so thank you everyone for helping to make this possible!

A link to our steam page can be found here:

Feel free to stop by our discord if you want to discuss it!

OP
Cypress_z

Cypress_z

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Snow Daze Steam Release Oct 29th!

After a short wait we're happy to announce that we'll be launching on Steam tomorrow, October 29th. We've only been able to do this because of Steam's recent policy change, and it has really helped us. I want to sincerely thank all of you that helped to make this game. It's only because of patreon that I could make anything at all.

Since many of you bought the game on itch.io, you should know there are no significant differences between the builds. Steam has achievements and we are working on trading cards, but the experience is the same.

I hope you all enjoy it, and here's to hoping to an even greater community of people in the future!

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score
Please remember that upon release, you should make a new topic in the H-Games section proper, following the guidelines listed in the rules. I will be locking the topic when the game is out.

OP
Cypress_z

Cypress_z

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Please remember that upon release, you should make a new topic in the H-Games section proper, following the guidelines listed in the rules. I will be locking the topic when the game is out.
Will do!

Status
Not open for further replies.