What's new

Pharmacist held up, shoots one robber, comes back and shoots him 5 more times

Obeliskos

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Discuss.

Got this from another forum, and both points to whether it's self defense or murder have good points, so I'm kind of neutral on this one. Don't expect to get any arguments out of me.

aika

El Presidente
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score
Re: Pharmacist held up, shoots one robber, comes back and shoots him 5 more times

By law, looks like he's in the clear.

However, in my opinion, that should be against the law, and he should be imprisoned. Assuming it was clear to him that the guy was unconcious and no longer had a weapon (which it looks like it was), then he's just as bad if not worse than the robbers. I say "if not worse", because the robbers probably did not have an intent to kill.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Pharmacist held up, shoots one robber, comes back and shoots him 5 more times

I'm of the opinion that self-defense is still murder, wether it's legal or not. So yes that makes me a murderer deal with it. I do.

In this case I would say it's definately murder since there was no reason for him to shoot the guy another five times. Of course the guy may have been already dead with the first shot since he was hit in the head according to the story. Not sure if it's wrong to shoot a dead person or not.

aika

El Presidente
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

If the guy claims he thought he was already dead, then he might have more of a case. I'd still put him away for manslaughter though.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Well yeah I could easily see manslaughter since it's fairly simple to make a case for it. He could possibly try to say temporary insanity since it was rather insane of him to shoot him 5 times after coming back.

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

I can kinda see why he would unload on the teen after already shooting him once. That rush of adrenaline really makes you think much more differently and more violently. If I got in a fight and was able to knock my opponent off his feet, I wouldn't back away. Rather, I'd kneel down and start taking him down from the ground.

But at the same time, I agree with the two of you in that it's completely wrong that he shot him again afterwards. First of all, he already shot him in the head once, as the newsreporter had said. But coming back in and shooting him again really wasn't necessary at all. I say he should get some murder charges as well.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Yeah it's easy to get carried away in a fight, but as you said it doesn't make it right.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

My opinion: even if it killed the kid, the first shot was self defense and probably gut reaction aiming rather than purposefully aiming for a lethal spot. The extra shots were murderous in intention because the kid was down and hadn't moved since the pharmacist had left the store to chase the other guy down before coming back.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Reasonable force?

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

The robber had a gun, so firing at him was reasonable the first time. Just not the extra handful of times.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Once he's disabled, if it's obvious he's disabled, the person is no longer a threat. Anything past that is excessive, thus, legal murder.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Once he's disabled, if it's obvious he's disabled, the person is no longer a threat. Anything past that is excessive, thus, legal murder.
That's what I was saying. It's murder for the subsequent shots after the first. The first, however, is shelf defense.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

Shot one- Self defense. He drew a gun to defend against the same

Shot 2-5- Not needed. The guy could have been dragged off for his crimes.

He should get jailed for it.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

That's what I was saying. It's murder for the subsequent shots after the first. The first, however, is shelf defense.
Well, he works in a department store, he has to defend his shelves and everything on them :D

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Well... not much to say anymore. I agree with the statements that the first shot is self-defense, but the second to fifth were over the top. There are many things that could have been done there rather than unloading into him.

If he had unloaded as a first though, I'd be more understanding, but after running out of the store than back in, I'm not understanding.

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

Yeah.....

This is just one of those things I'm not going to touch with a (insert-number-here)-foot tentacle.

That being said, I can't find better words than what's already been said to describe my thoughts on this.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Yeah.....

This is just one of those things I'm not going to touch with a (insert-number-here)-foot tentacle.

That being said, I can't find better words than what's already been said to describe my thoughts on this.
Ye just touched it.

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

Oh, believe me, for me, this is 'not touching it'. If I wanted to touch it, you'd know :p

(/rant *hundreds of words* /endrant)

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Oh, believe me, for me, this is 'not touching it'. If I wanted to touch it, you'd know :p
Dirty dirty man.

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

Funnily enough, in High school, I managed to grab a girl's tits and she didn't even notice 'till I told her.
... she was good natured as well as a friend, so I managed to avoid a beating :p