Suspense: Rear Window, dir. Alfred Hitchcock
Drama: No Country for Old Men, dir. Coen Brothers
Edgy Humor/Social Commentary: Wolf of Wall Street, dir. Martin Scorsese
Thanks alot, ima have a look into 'em.

chrisroxxx

Cthulhu
Reputation score
Re: Random movie talky stuff.

Just watched 2 old funny movies y'day, 'The last starfighter' (1984) + 'Weird science' (1985)...Centauri's performance 'Robert Preston' kinda stuck, 'cause of him I watched the whole movie without skipping :eek:.

Hopeyouguess62

Has a penis diamiter of 4.5cm
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Just watched 2 old funny movies y'day, 'The last starfighter' (1984) + 'Weird science' (1985)...Centauri's performance 'Robert Preston' kinda stuck, 'cause of him I watched the whole movie without skipping :eek:.
The Last Starfighter was a fun movie with a great soundtrack, though the effects did not age very well. :)

As for Weird Science, eh. It had good moments, but I've never really been a big fan.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I remember The Last Starfighter. One of those movies you see as a kid and go: Awesome! Unfortunately that breed of films just doesn't age very well as Hope said.

Termite

A bug
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I've been kinda hoping for a The Last Starfighter remake.

ZenReningard

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

ya need science related move, go watch: the day after tomorrow

so no, go watch resident evil, i would skip 4 though, afterlife

Byk

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Don't know what to say about movie/s, older ones were so much better than those they are making today... I guess i watched too many for upcoming to be interesting :(

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I went to see the new movie "Hail Caesar" with decent expectations. I was REALLY let down and disappointed.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Wow, had to dig for this thread!

Watched the FILM Ex Machina the other night. I say film because there is indeed a difference between a movie (meant to entertain) and a film (mean to make you think). For the most part it was fairly interesting, apparently there's some abstract gender-bias tom-foolery being portrayed that I really didn't perceive, but I'm not a gender studies major (the people who, for as much as I can discern are telling me that it's WRONG to follow my biological imperative to form a romantic relationship with a female I find attractive or enjoy spending my time with).

Unfortunately they just had to pull that lovely old trick of not giving the viewer any real closure. You know, when the end of a movie is more like the end of a chapter instead of the entire book? It's a goddamn obnoxious thing to do, that works EVERY SINGLE TIME. Decent amount of nudity though...

Sorry, sometimes spitting out my thoughts about these things works to get them off my mind.

Crawdaddy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Damn good movie, very much a mindscrew.

I won't go into the gender stuff here, because it's very much in spoiler territory, but suffice to say there was a bit of it.

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Went to see Captain America: Civil War yesterday. Spider-man and Black Panther were pretty neat and their introductions were handled well, but other than that, I think it might be my least favorite MCU film yet(not counting the ones I haven't seen, obviously). I had fun watching it, but after a day, I can't say it left much of an impression on me. The fight scenes were good as usual, but other than that it just feels... shallow, I guess? Like, the rest of the movie was just an excuse to get the heroes to duke it out.

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Hey, it was better executed than Batman vs Superman in terms of getting the heroes to fight.

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Hey, it was better executed than Batman vs Superman in terms of getting the heroes to fight.
Didn't see that one, but apparently Batman vs Superman sucked, so...

Also, I find that the excuse for the legislation that caused the rift in the first place was VERY weak. They were talking about less than a score of people dying when the mission in question was to stop the bad guys from acquiring a bio-weapon that could've killed millions... and the other examples brought up were all about threats that could've wiped out the ENTIRE HUMANITY pretty much, deflected with tens or hundreds of civilian casualties. Do the people in MCU have any sense of scale at all? At least in the comics the civil war causing legislation was caused by some street level heroes accidentally destroying a bus full of school children

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I actually liked batman vs superman, there was a little too much of batman's past that was went over AGAIN, but if you watch a rip or DVD you can just fast-forward past that shit. I'm really liking the Henry Cavill superman movies much better than the previous ones, I'm sorry but if your protagonist has that much power, I want to see him use it. Which means you have to give superman an enemy that he can duke it out with, Lex Lutor without his power armor just doesn't cut it.

Crawdaddy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I liked the villain in Civil War. I think it was a good choice to "scale down" the villain itself. If every villain is going to be a "take over the world" with increasing levels of power, it'll get stale very quickly. Plus, it seems the Captain America movies have gravitated towards spycraft, and I approve of that.

All in all, a pretty good movie. There wasn't really anything I squeed over, but it was good fun. Spider-man was entirely unnecessary, but it was cool to see the webslinger in there.

They also did a pretty good job of incorporating that many characters, give them a spotlight, and then keep the pace of the story going. That was probably not easy.

Lurker
Reputation score

I don't know how to feel about the actual politics (As thought the UN has the power to pass and enforce an accord that suspends the civil liberties of Americans and allows for their long-term internment in a fucking under sea prison, yeah. And the US just goes with it), but if you go with willful suspension of disbelief on that bit it becomes a very good film. Solid motivations all around, no one is really introduced out of nowhere or just in it for funsies, and they didn't kill the villain, which has been a recurring issue of mine. Plus, that particular villain opens up all kinds of fun comic nerd stuff like the Masters of evil and the Thunderbolts, which could be neat to see.

I enjoyed it and I've got high hopes.

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

I don't know how to feel about the actual politics (As thought the UN has the power to pass and enforce an accord that suspends the civil liberties of Americans and allows for their long-term internment in a fucking under sea prison, yeah. And the US just goes with it), but if you go with willful suspension of disbelief on that bit it becomes a very good film. Solid motivations all around, no one is really introduced out of nowhere or just in it for funsies, and they didn't kill the villain, which has been a recurring issue of mine. Plus, that particular villain opens up all kinds of fun comic nerd stuff like the Masters of evil and the Thunderbolts, which could be neat to see.

I enjoyed it and I've got high hopes.
I'm pretty sure it was US doing the imprisoning.

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

So, I got back from seeing the movie "The Nice Guys" and I thought it was hilarious.

chrisroxxx

Cthulhu
Reputation score

What do you guys/gals think about the new sci-fi movie 'Kill Command'.

The only thing that I was a bit bored with is the canon like ending you can see it coming from a mile away, actually you can see it coming after 5 minutes into the movie...

Last edited: