What's new

Random movie talky stuff.

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Random movie talky stuff.

So, I got back from seeing X-men Apocalypse and the first scene had me thinking, "Wow, this is the best reboot to Stargate I've ever seen."

Hahah, all jokes aside, the movie was pretty good.

Edit:

Just got back from Alice: Through the Looking Glass. The movie was much better than I thought it would be. There were a lot of noticeable things they fixed from the first movie and it's one of those stories where there is no real main "bad guy".

Last edited:

Abyss_Nova

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Just watched a french movie called "Babysitting", it tells the misfortune of a guy who, to get the attention of his boss, it's called to baby-sit his boss' son, on his birthday (worker's).
So yeah, lots of shit happened that night.

chrisroxxx

Cthulhu
Reputation score

'Never stop Never stopping'

What do you guys think? I did enjoy the movie, specially the last shot was kinda fun where 'Conner' gets run over by the 'Stegosaur'.:eek:

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Oh my stars, I just saw Deadpool on DVD. Give this movie ALL the oscars, NOW! It's bloody as hell and funny as fuck, hitting the right notes of seriousness at the right moment. This is the PERFECT super hero movie. No scratch that, the perfect MOVIE. Thank you Ryan Reynolds! Thank you for believing in this. I'm actually gushing! I never gush. This was so, so good.

chrisroxxx

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Oh my stars, I just saw Deadpool on DVD. Give this movie ALL the oscars, NOW! It's bloody as hell and funny as fuck, hitting the right notes of seriousness at the right moment. This is the PERFECT super hero movie. No scratch that, the perfect MOVIE. Thank you Ryan Reynolds! Thank you for believing in this. I'm actually gushing! I never gush. This was so, so good.
I second your notion to give this movie a bunch of "Oscars'", just enjoyed watching "Independece Day: Resurgence" a couple days ago, what do you guys think about that movie?

STALKERXXZ

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Lets talk about film Avatar of James Cameron.

I liked the movie as a whole except the ending.
I would prefer to mankind eventually won.
It would be more realistic and believable.
So my film score 7 out of 10

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The movie would be great if it had an original totally not overused plot.

Crawdaddy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Lets talk about film Avatar of James Cameron.

I liked the movie as a whole except the ending.
I would prefer to mankind eventually won.
It would be more realistic and believable.
So my film score 7 out of 10
Yeah, it's like when John McClane saves the hostages and fights the bad guys in Die Hard. So unbelievable and unrealistic, really draws the movie down. 6/10

:rolleyes:

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

When a film goes out of it's way to turn any human but the protag into Captain Planet villains, what did you expect?

STALKERXXZ

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

When a film goes out of it's way to turn any human but the protag into Captain Planet villains, what did you expect?
I expected that humans would kill the main character and capture the planet ... (its joke for those who do not understand)

Last edited:

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I just watched Cabin In The Woods. Great horror movie, great concept, just... there's one thing about the climax that majorly bothered me. Actual spoilers ahead.

Why in the name of FUCK would you have a system purge that purges ALL chambers, FULL OF MONSTERS, into YOUR OWN FACILITY? Which moron came up with that? Why don't you just, I don't know, NUKE the monsters when that big red button is pushed, or gas them, or what the fuck ever? And in any other movie, that would be nit picking - but Cabin In The Woods is so smart and self-aware that a lapse in logic like that feels even more mind-boggling. It kinda sours the gore bonanza that makes up the climax of this movie. Maybe that's the point - to have the organization brought down by its own hubris - but they're not actually BAD guys either. They want to save the world and have become jaded by what it takes to do that, sure. But the climax doesn't quite feel earned, still.

EDIT: Having thought about it some more... Why do they have so many elevators in the first place? And why would they link to the monster chambers at all? I hope somebody at their organisation got fired over this!

Man, that ending is bleak, though. Feel like I need a palette cleanser. *reaches over into his pile of newly acquired DVDs and opens up Kingsman*

Last edited:

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

Said monster hunter movie synopsis is that...

The central characters are very relatable American characters. You take a person from the ordinary world who thinks they’re in a dead end job, they have no future, they feel like their life’s a failure, it’s going nowhere, like Keanu Reeves in The Matrix. It’s about a normal American who gets dragged into this parallel world, this Monster Hunter world. Then eventually the parallel world ends up coming to our world. So you have the creatures from the Monster Hunter world invading our world

We couldn't have anything relating to a random hunter trying to take down some fancy elder dragon mid-apocalypse or perhaps try to expand on all that hidden lore, oh no, we have to ruin not one but TWO Capcom franchises with shitty as fuck movie epics that'll be kept going long past the point where most fans will have any interest.

To quote Dr. Graevling, if this guy had written the script for the movie adaptations of The Lord of the Rings, it would’ve been about an ordinary (white) American man who finds The One Ring in an old box in his attic and gets transported to Middle Earth so he can fight Sauron together with the Fellowship.

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Said monster hunter movie synopsis is that...

We couldn't have anything relating to a random hunter trying to take down some fancy elder dragon mid-apocalypse or perhaps try to expand on all that hidden lore, oh no, we have to ruin not one but TWO Capcom franchises with shitty as fuck movie epics that'll be kept going long past the point where most fans will have any interest.

To quote Dr. Graevling, if this guy had written the script for the movie adaptations of The Lord of the Rings, it would’ve been about an ordinary (white) American man who finds The One Ring in an old box in his attic and gets transported to Middle Earth so he can fight Sauron together with the Fellowship.
That description... where did I hear that?
Hmm...
Oh right, Digimon xD

Directors & movie producers with brains like that are the reason why I don't watch new movies anymore :/

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The reason I don't watch many new movies anymore is that the best 'movie', Doctor who S9 E11, Heaven Sent, has already been made.

That and I don't think that random Jojo clips, wrestling or podcasts count.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

it would’ve been about an ordinary (white) American man
Because any of the good guys in LOTR aren't white? Really, I don't remember anyone but white people in those movies.

But to address a deeper issue here, what's wrong with them wanting the protagonist to be a white American man? Do you have something against white people?

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Because any of the good guys in LOTR aren't white? Really, I don't remember anyone but white people in those movies.

But to address a deeper issue here, what's wrong with them wanting the protagonist to be a white American man? Do you have something against white people?
It's not about being against white americans or black people or whatever. It's about staying faithful to the source material. If you have a story taking place in Asgard, Heimdall(who is specifically called as being light-skinned) should not be black. If you have a story set in a fantasy world where America doesn't exist, the protagonist should not be American.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Bah! Everyone knows that most anime characters are white. If they where asian they'd all have black hair and MUCH smaller eyes.

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Sure, but that doesn't mean they're AMERICAN.