What's new

Random movie talky stuff.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score
Re: Random movie talky stuff.

Was the new Resident Evil any good? I've been debating on whether or not to watch it.

Side note; Might go watch Lego Movie today.
Conisdering the rest of them were crap that may as well be called Resident Alice, somehow I doubt the final one saved it...

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Awww, but I hear tiny tits got some boob time in this one!

I don't know how anyone else expected the RE movie franchise to turn out but I really didn't think they'd make it past the first one. The didn't respect the source material, and couldn't manage to improve upon it yet somehow still made how many films?

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

Awww, but I hear tiny tits got some boob time in this one!

I don't know how anyone else expected the RE movie franchise to turn out but I really didn't think they'd make it past the first one. The didn't respect the source material, and couldn't manage to improve upon it yet somehow still made how many films?
And the same guy's looking at Monster Hunter next. I think I made my opinion clear on that a bit of a way ago in this very thread...

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Well 4 months later and we've got another movie from a lackluster franchise to talk about : Logan

TBH I rather liked most of this movie. Somehow they've managed to capture that dystopian 'end' feel, yet restrain it to the protagonists. The world goes on, yet the X-men are at the end of the road and the man who cannot be killed is on his last leg.

Perhaps it's because I'm not familiar with the source material of this point in the X-men story line that I don't find this horrendous? I couldn't stand their adaptation of Days of Future Past, which was a clear attempt to fix all their shitty alterations to the story, and still fell woefully short of the original.

I do need to mention that even within the universe these films have created, wolverine's condition isn't supported by any form of logic but if you've seen the other movies then you're used to this :rolleyes: .

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Fuck it.

I watched ready player one recently. While it wasn't bad I can't really call it good. The whole thing felt very disingenuous, as if those responsible didn't really understand why the subject matter was popular in the first place.

Take the Gundam appearance, while it looks awesome... it's not very Gundam. Pretty much all of the fights in the original series are beam spray&pray clusterfucks, to the point that RX-78 doesn't feel like itself WITHOUT a beam rifle.

Byzantine2014

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Let there be dead risen once again!

I just kinda felt it sizzled out in the middle: the opening with the race and different worlds was good, but went somewhat eh afterwards. It might've been the director&writer knew a lot of pop culture as opposed to being gamers; there was rather a lot of references to popular things from last couple decades, like that Gundam.

Eh, watched Skyscraper a while back, not too bad, and 10/10 for uses of duct tape :D; Dwayne must really like it. Didn't have much in the way of great dialogue or terribly original or even interesting plot, but was a fairly decent action movie for a family friendly film.

Ninja_Named_Bob

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Skyscraper was meant to be stupid fun, and it's just a joy to see Dwayne do his thing, even if you can't believe for five seconds that he's in any real danger. Hell, his character having the "limitation" he did was eye-rolling silly. It's basically if you cast him as Master Chief in a Halo movie, except he only has a pistol with one extra ammo clip. Oh, wow, what high stakes. If you're gonna cast Dwayne in a movie, don't pretend like having one less functioning limb is going to somehow limit him. Seriously, ask yourself if you can take a crippled Dwayne seriously as somehow being limited after seeing this

Last edited:

Araragi Kun

Lurker
Reputation score
Speaking of Dwayne, I'm actually impressed with him as an actor. I don't really watch movies often, but I loved wrestling as a little squirt, so I grew up knowing him as just The Rock, so seeing him in movies like The Mummy always seemed weird and goofy to me, probably because at that age I hadn't made the connection between wrestling being staged and wrestlers being actors on a stage. But seeing him in more modern stuff has been really enjoyable. I also personally think it's cool when such a serious-looking person can act so funny (like Terry Crews).

Honestly, I feel like I've been missing out on this whole "watching movies" schtick.

Ninja_Named_Bob

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Current Hollywood is more miss than hit. If you want good Hollywood, early 00's and before is the boat you want to be on. That said, Guardians of the Galaxy and the most recent Avengers film were good. If you're into stupid fun and laughing at how dumb the situations with cars can get, the "Fast" franchise is right up your alley. Dwayne's other stuff is also pretty enjoyable if you don't go in expecting it to be anything other than a 1 1/2-2hr action flick. He's done a few good ones likes "Walking Tall", "Journey 2", "The Rundown", and "Snitch." I haven't watched the others, although I've wanted to watch "Ballers" and I've heard "Moana" is good.

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Well, Deadpool 2's finally out on DVD. It's... wow. That's a harder hitting movie than I anticipated. It's hella funny and the action gets you pumped, but its story is astoundingly mature for Deadpool (except not really, because Deadpool works best when he gets serious). Overall, I'd say Deadpool is funnier, but Deadpool 2 is a better movie.

Stuffie

TouchFluffyEars
Reputation score
While being hospilatized, I watched 2016's "The Great Wall".

It definitely isn't a blockbuster, but it has a certain beauty, style and grace to it all. And it basically being "China's Helm's Deep", it has tons of fighting and explosions and good action.
I really enjoyed it, but it does lack some further elements to have been a really great movie.