What's new

Re: Renfield

The island near the castle has the weakest opponents.
You can grind them until you get a little gold or a gear drop and then you'll be on stronger footing.

After that, the further you get away from the starting castle, the stronger the enemies get.
Once the dungeon areas start to get filled in the tougher encounters will be moved underground.

Seems like the forum has survived the Honey Select apocalypse.
Hopefully once the hype has died down we can get more activity in here.

2753c9ba0be23b33eb9d7ee655d56115.jpg

Furthermore it's become clear that people have little interest in testing the combat demo.
I'll throw in a sample H-Scene soon so we can start refining that.
We'll use Dana as our guinea pig.

Scripting some events.
About 200 random conversations and encounters.
They will really help add some depth and color to exploring the world.
Since so many people complained of the irregularity of the enemy groups,
I'm going to overhaul the encounters on the surface completely.

So the world encounters are being completely redone from the ground up.
Now you'll meet roughly the same strength of enemies wherever you go.
Occasionally you'll meet a powerful rare enemy like a werewolf but it should be much more manageable to gain levels and gold now.

the update you did is improved over 1st demo and what your saying sounds like it should balance things out the rest of the way. only issue I had was a blue troll enemy that locked up the game after 1st turn, didn't crash, or freeze just nothing could be done but alt-ctrl-delete out and close it that way. other then testing to see how/if the mechanics worked I have little interested, male MC is just not my thing, unless its say trap, then I'm highly amused in his butt getting used.

Version 0.0.3

Various fixes.
Made shadows in forest arena gentler.
Enemy encounters have been greatly overhauled but you should still save often in the castle.

Version 0.0.3

Various fixes.
Made shadows in forest arena gentler.
Enemy encounters have been greatly overhauled but you should still save often in the castle.

Mediafire already blocked!! That was fast... :eek:

New link. Let's see how long it lasts.

So far so good - didn't work in Safari, but Chrome worked fine (?)

Tried the demo. Couldn't do anything, all i could do was just move around the globe. What are the controls to the demo anyways? :confused::confused:

Yes - instructions would help. I think i hit every key or combination of keys on the keyboard. And nothing happened - not anything beyond the opening of the first fight...

Yes - instructions would help. I think i hit every key or combination of keys on the keyboard. And nothing happened - not anything beyond the opening of the first fight...

Yeah, except that you were able to trigger something XD :D

Is there a link for the demo in another storage website like MEGA? Cause mediafire's is no longer working.

Changes so far in 0.0.4

- Increased precision of the interaction controller on the world map
- Fixed a bug that soft locked the battles during enemy movement
- Game now begins with a splash screen explaining the control scheme
- Various minor bugfixes

Is there a link for the demo in another storage website like MEGA? Cause mediafire's is no longer working.

Uploading to MEGA right now.
Done with Mediafire constantly blocking my stuff without warning or explanation.

Here's 0.0.3 again.
Hopefully MEGA won't block it

Like I said ... mediafire has decided that any links from ulmf violate their ToS. But it doesn't count as a hit against the linked thing.

They can do this because almost all web browsers tell a web site what address you came from. ("Referer", yes, it's misspelled in the standard)

You'll have to copy and paste the URL. The best you can do, as the poster, is to slightly encipher the URL such that vBulletin doesn't automatically turn it into a link.

For example, removing the dots from the domain name, like this:

www mediafire com/download/3i6k7iz8acbrqn2/Renfield0.0.3.rar

works. So does using one of those "referer" removal web sites, like anonym.to

Back