What's new

[Complete - Full] [RJ246337] [色仕掛けまとめブログ] サキュバス戦記 / Succubus Senki English Translation

OP
Giratena

Giratena

Translator Succubus
Reputation score
The patch I made which is applied to the official English demo has all the chapter 1 game over scenes translated ^^

OP
Giratena

Giratena

Translator Succubus
Reputation score
The translation for Chapter 2, and Chapter 2: Investigation has now been completed.

If you can write or proof read, we need you! If anyone is interested in helping by either proofreading, or adjusting the script (as you know, sometimes direct Japanese translations don't work well in English),
Please let me know! You don't need to know Japanese to help out ^^

Squashed

Reputation score
The translation for Chapter 2, and Chapter 2: Investigation has now been completed.

If you can write or proof read, we need you! If anyone is interested in helping by either proofreading, or adjusting the script (as you know, sometimes direct Japanese translations don't work well in English),
Please let me know! You don't need to know Japanese to help out ^^
Hello! I would like to help with proof reading! It would be very nice to help out any way I can.

OP
Giratena

Giratena

Translator Succubus
Reputation score
Hello! I would like to help with proof reading! It would be very nice to help out any way I can.
Hi there! And sure! At present you are free to proofread and suggest changes to any of the files I have up on github!
Many have helped with proofreading, but I still personally feel like the dialogue could have better "artistic flow" for lack of a better word.

Also, in regards to the question from earlier about the translation on the DLSite being misleading, I have contacted the developer about this. He feels that it is also misleading, and has changed the description on the english DLsite to match this.

Briger

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
I've named the Healer "Leon" if there are any objections let me know.
I'd just like to hear your reasoning for the name choice before i say anything in favor or opposing it.

pepez

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Leon is nice name to Healer.. Maybe too much from resident evil but still nice!

arkanoid23

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I'd just like to hear your reasoning for the name choice before i say anything in favor or opposing it.
I guess Jesus is a bit too controversial. On the topic of healing. How exactly does he do that and what does healing entail in this context?

OP
Giratena

Giratena

Translator Succubus
Reputation score
how can i apply the patch where should i put it?
The game developer has requested a hold on all patches for now, as they auto update the game to the latest versions. He fears that it will encourage people to not buy the game. His idea is that only full version holders should be able to use the patch so worse case scenario, we could make a discord server for the translation and distribute the patch to people who own the full version of the game. I'm still talking to the developer about it, but hopefully I can share a proper patch with you all soon!

I guess Jesus is a bit too controversial. On the topic of healing. How exactly does he do that and what does healing entail in this context?
Leon is nice name to Healer.. Maybe too much from resident evil but still nice!
Indeed, obviously naming a character "Jesus" is kinda awkward (as well as unrealistic in a Fire Emblem game) so I believe that a localization chance was nessisary.

My highest priority is that I wanted to choose names that aren't shared by fire emblem characters. This is technically a "spin-off" game to the series after all. I ultimately went with Leon due to the kinder sounding tone of the name and the fact that it was a name not shared by a fire emblem character. I did think of healer based pun names such as "Healious" (Heal), or "Clericin" (Cleric) but they sounded kind of forced.

In other news, the developer has released another slew of stuff for me to translate, which means chapter 3 can now be started! I'll be adding the files to Github later tonight, exciting stuff!

Syrath

Reputation score
On the case of "Ieasu", I'd pitch in my vote for "Jason" - it's not a FE character name, it's close to the probably intended name of Jesus, it has the same meaning in names, and it's tied to a hero in mythology.

OP
Giratena

Giratena

Translator Succubus
Reputation score
Drat... yeah that's right, Leon is the archer from Fire Emblem Echoes... I forgot about that ><;

Hmm, Jason could work, but the name sounds too harsh for a healer. Maybe Jonas?

Squashed

Reputation score
Drat... yeah that's right, Leon is the archer from Fire Emblem Echoes... I forgot about that ><;

Jonas, Jonah, Elan, Milan

Jeszael

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Thanks for your work, hope you get paid by the developer :)

Two questions though:

It says chapter 1 is translated, however I still got most of the fights untranslated and all of the story has not been translated either. When I check the Ch.1 file I can see that there is still a lot without an English translation, will this still be translated at a later point?

Much more seems to be missing then:

It does not include items, menus and dialogue choices...

I can not find the patch separately from the main game, do I have to download the entire game each time there has been a new patch added?

Thanks again.

Knightbanez

Reputation score
Thanks for your work, hope you get paid by the developer :)

Two questions though:

It says chapter 1 is translated, however I still got most of the fights untranslated and all of the story has not been translated either. When I check the Ch.1 file I can see that there is still a lot without an English translation, will this still be translated at a later point?

Much more seems to be missing then:

I can not find the patch separately from the main game, do I have to download the entire game each time there has been a new patch added?

Thanks again.
So, the way it's working right now is the translation is currently being worked on through GitHub, then it is sent to the developer to input into the game itself. Then, he releases it as a patch. As of right now, we are working on ch 3. theguy1 is currently trying to get our patches through to the dev in order to add to the game. There is a lot more to come! We just have to have a little patience. I'm just glad they are working so hard to get this translation out there, it's just a bit of a process to do and get working smoothly. You will have to redownload the game fully every time a patch comes out through DLsite or however you came across the game to the best of my knowledge.

Unfortunately, there isn't much translated in the first patch that is currently up on the DLsite, but a LOT has been translated since then. We are just waiting for the next patch to be released! :D

OP
Giratena

Giratena

Translator Succubus
Reputation score
Hi there everyone! I'm just here with a quick update and some notes for the current goings on.

- The translation is still going. I've been caught up in RL stuff lately, and needed to take a week off to sort myself out.
- I'm going to start working again on the translation this following week.
- Due to how much support this translation is getting, I'm thinking of making a discord so all the proofreaders/writers/translators can talk to each other, beta testers can point out typos, bugs etc. Also, so I don't need to DM everyone separately (and so other people can voice their opinion on things as well!).

I'm shocked about how much support this translation topic has received!
Thanks again for all your support everyone, hope you're all have a great week so far ^^

Last edited:

Briger

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Josh would work better then Jonas then.

also if you really want to go with Leon you can always use a alternate spelling like Lyon you can even look into archaic spellings.

OP
Giratena

Giratena

Translator Succubus
Reputation score
Josh would work better then Jonas then.

also if you really want to go with Leon you can always use a alternate spelling like Lyon you can even look into archaic spellings.
That's... a really good idea.

The new name shall be Lyon, I think it has a nice ring to it ^^
It also sounds like a Healer name as well.