What's new

RPGMakerMVGame Hook patcher / How to hook RPG Maker MV Games

sony101

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Well, I tried it myself, and indeed, that doesn't work.
After waaay too many trial&errors, however, I found a method that SEEMINGLY works: add ^\d, and UNCHECK 'IgnoreRepeatableItems' in the 'more additional options' part of the patching process.

Why, you ask?
No. Effing. Idea.

Why doesn't this screw everything else up?
No. Effing. Idea.
(probably there is a logical explanation for all of this, but that for sure ain't gonna be coming from me! lol)
Not all heroes wear capes. Thank you 🙌

Esedess

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
RPGMakerMVGame patcher is not working when i am trying to use it for 行け!! 鳴神学園オカルト研究部2 .
"Your game have been normaly succefully plugined ^^, try, and dont hesitate to say it in the forum if you got some problem with some game"
I do get this message but when i start the game it is like i did not use the patcher ... anyone has any ideea why?
And no it is not a director name problem as i renamed it.

lalayomm

Reputation score
Can this program run on 対魔忍ユキカゼ2 Animation?The file looks similar.

Term444

Reputation score
So. Maybe someone can help me.

My goal:
Get this game ( https://ulmf.org/threads/yasagure-kuberuno-rj255342-partial.13181 or https://ulmf.org/threads/yasagure-kuberuno-rj255342.13136/page-5 ) to be somewhat understandibly translated. I know its just gonna be machine-translated, but ideally id want a log that just tells me what the (story) text says and the general meaning of the dialogue. I dont care about grammar, accuracy or the "bad machine translation" typical errors. I just want to have SOME understanding of whats happening beyond the normal gameplay.

Is there a way to do this with this tool?

If yes, can you explain to me step by step what I have to do with the game?
I have it here on my PC (see attached image), in this format

do I need to upack it (probably) ? with which tool?
just DL and follow instructions or do I have to figure it out myself?
after that, what do I do.
what do I DL to get the translating tool?
how do I build in the hook?
How do I get it working?

thanks in advance for any help, I have like 0 experiece with this. So before I sit here for 5 hours and dont know what Im doing just to get stuck somwhere or do something wrong and dk what to do anymore I thought Id ask for help from people who actually have experience with this.

maurilio_br

Reputation score
So. Maybe someone can help me.

My goal:
Get this game ( https://ulmf.org/threads/yasagure-kuberuno-rj255342-partial.13181 or https://ulmf.org/threads/yasagure-kuberuno-rj255342.13136/page-5 ) to be somewhat understandibly translated. I know its just gonna be machine-translated, but ideally id want a log that just tells me what the (story) text says and the general meaning of the dialogue. I dont care about grammar, accuracy or the "bad machine translation" typical errors. I just want to have SOME understanding of whats happening beyond the normal gameplay.

Is there a way to do this with this tool?

If yes, can you explain to me step by step what I have to do with the game?
I have it here on my PC (see attached image), in this format

do I need to upack it (probably) ? with which tool?
just DL and follow instructions or do I have to figure it out myself?
after that, what do I do.
what do I DL to get the translating tool?
how do I build in the hook?
How do I get it working?

thanks in advance for any help, I have like 0 experiece with this. So before I sit here for 5 hours and dont know what Im doing just to get stuck somwhere or do something wrong and dk what to do anymore I thought Id ask for help from people who actually have experience with this.
Game looks unpacked enough already, if you're lucky you'll just point the hook at the game.exe and Translation Aggregator will do the work, if you meet repetition or character names get mixed with the speech text, good luck, I usually give up

Term444

Reputation score
Thx for the info
Unfortunately the VNR does simply not even start when I click the exe
And the ChiiTranslate Lite I have does not seem to pick up anything from the clip logger. there is just nothing in both Windows.

chndragon

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I keep having the issue that my Visual Novel Reader is translating the log rather than "current" window. Is there a way to hide the log or something? If I click "Clear log" then it works properly.

EDIT: The fix appears to be that, when selecting ClipLogger from VNR, to specifically select the "current" box, not the window itself.

Last edited:

M-77

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
I get the txt copied to the clipboard. This tool is working. But I only get "??????????" as translated txt in my Atlas translator. Did I have to change App Locale to Japoneese? What do i wrong? Did it not work with Atlas?

Urhris

Reputation score
Can someone please help me this is what it's flooding during the game

「Amber」
「Amanda」
「Katherine」
「Valerie」
「Amber」
「Amanda」
「Katherine」
「Valerie」

Last edited:

mystery99x

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Need some help with this one:

It keeps spamming the shit in the upper left corner and I've got no clue how to get the code to prevent it from repeating.

Term444

Reputation score

It keeps spamming the shit in the upper left corner and I've got no clue how to get the code to prevent it from repeating.
If its not in the main text box the notepad is probably picking up the wrong strings of text
other than that, there is hte option to "ignore infinite repetition" in the settings when hooking it up (one of the later pages), as well as in the Visual Novel Reader options when setting up the window to translate.

mystery99x

Demon Girl
Reputation score
If its not in the main text box the notepad is probably picking up the wrong strings of text
other than that, there is hte option to "ignore infinite repetition" in the settings when hooking it up (one of the later pages), as well as in the Visual Novel Reader options when setting up the window to translate.
Thanks for the reply hun, but I always have those options active and none of them worked hence why I asked here.

zipetya

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Thanks for the reply hun, but I always have those options active and none of them worked hence why I asked here.
Well, as far I can see, there is no way now to get rid of that. I think those "current goal and quest lists" strings get redrawn/loaded with every frame, that's why cliploger logs it every 0.2 (default; depends on the settings, of course) seconds and floods itself.
You can try to somehow add those things to the exclusion list, but any time a "new" quest or goal would show up, it would start spamming again, so... Only someone who can script (like the OP) could perhaps solve this for you, as I believe all the strings coming from that "region" of the game would need to be avoided.

dudesxx

Reputation score

Is that a threads for this game? I cant find and I need some help with it.

mystery99x

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Well, as far I can see, there is no way now to get rid of that. I think those "current goal and quest lists" strings get redrawn/loaded with every frame, that's why cliploger logs it every 0.2 (default; depends on the settings, of course) seconds and floods itself.
You can try to somehow add those things to the exclusion list, but any time a "new" quest or goal would show up, it would start spamming again, so... Only someone who can script (like the OP) could perhaps solve this for you, as I believe all the strings coming from that "region" of the game would need to be avoided.
Here's to hoping it gets noticed then.
Is that a threads for this game? I cant find and I need some help with it.
There's no thread for the game here as far as I know.

zipetya

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Here's to hoping it gets noticed then.
Okay, so sort of found a workaround.
The culprits are 4 custom plugins, namely 'Window_PlayerInfo01-04.js' (inside 'www\js\plugins'), which indeed update themselfes constantly. All I did was edit them and put '//' in front of the relevant line 'this.refresh();' so in the end it looked '//this.refresh();', and indeed the constant spamming stopped.
('//' btw takes the things behind it in the line out of the code, afaik)

The problem though now, is they don't automatically refresh if you get a new goal or quest... However changing map or pressing 'x' (getting to menu) then returning to game updates them, so... It's not a bad trade-off, really.
Do note that somebody who actually CAN code might be able to make those plugins work like they should (like only update when a new quest or goal is added), but that sure as hell not gonna be me! xD

Hope this helps!
-----
EDIT: you maybe even could get away with only changing 3 of the 4. Like leaving the first (which is for the current goal) alone, letting it update, but // the other three. At any rate, if you leave only one in (which to me makes sense for the 01 - the current goal) it will still work without spamming.

Last edited:

emerald

Demon Girl
Reputation score
The culprits are 4 custom plugins, namely 'Window_PlayerInfo01-04.js' (inside 'www\js\plugins'), which indeed update themselfes constantly. All I did was edit them and put '//' in front of the relevant line 'this.refresh();' so in the end it looked '//this.refresh();', and indeed the constant spamming stopped.

The problem though now, is they don't automatically refresh if you get a new goal or quest... However changing map or pressing 'x' (getting to menu) then returning to game updates them, so... It's not a bad trade-off, really.
Do note that somebody who actually CAN code might be able to make those plugins work like they should (like only update when a new quest or goal is added), but that sure as hell not gonna be me! xD

Hope this helps!
-----
EDIT: you maybe even could get away with only changing 3 of the 4. Like leaving the first (which is for the current goal) alone, letting it update, but // the other three. At any rate, if you leave only one in (which to me makes sense for the 01 - the current goal) it will still work without spamming.
I don't have the game, but if you are already editing the script you could try telling it to insert Zero Width Characters as delimiters on the custom plugins text that gets drawn then using those as delimiters to filter by in the Patcher.

In the below example example1 is just plain text, and example 2 is the same text but with 2 zero width characters as beginning/end delimiters. Then regex is made to match the delimiter, so example1 does not match but example 2 does match, even though both will render basically the same as the zero width character is invisible (you could also just add some other delimiter if you want).

JavaScript:
var example1 = "Default Text Here";
var example2 =  String.fromCharCode("8203") + String.fromCharCode("8203") + "Default Text Here" + String.fromCharCode("8203") + String.fromCharCode("8203");
var regexString = String.fromCharCode("8203") + String.fromCharCode("8203") + "[^" + String.fromCharCode("8203") +"]+" + String.fromCharCode("8203") + String.fromCharCode("8203");
var regex = new RegExp(regexString, "gi");
console.log("Example 1 matches: " + regex.test(example1));
console.log("Example 2 matches: " + regex.test(example2));
You can check the by running the above in your browsers JS console (F12 Developer tools).
firefox_0057.png

mystery99x

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Hope this helps!
-----
Thanks a lot hun, I'll plug this into the patcher then!

CobraPL

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Is this project developed, maintained etc. Any new versions planned?