What's new

Sailor Moon OOC thread

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score
Hello all. I have run this idea around in my for quite a while and thought it wouldn't hurt to put up an interest get thread in here and see if anyone bites. I am going to try to run a PbP RP using the BESM tri-stat system on Sailor Moon. It uses d6's with the highest possible level any stat can be at a 12. The objective is to roll under a target number or DC for the task. With most other values being derived from three stats: Body, Mind and Soul. I have a pdf for the rules downloaded and will provide a download link for any who might be interested. Once I get at least three people interested I'll see what power level and such people want; if they want a more serious game or a silly slutty one.

Download link for the PDF:

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score
Re: Bishoujou Senshi Sailor....... SLUTS!?

Just read the foreword of the book so far, but consider my interest given.

Rathuris

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Sounds like fun and reminds me of when I was a kid. :D Count me in as well.

freeko

Banned
Reputation score

I'm in. Guess I have to figure out the rules now. Assume that I want the slutty dial turned up higher than it can go, just saying.

OP
TentanariX

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score

Okay, Ill still leave this up for three more people, at least for the first campaign, to show up. But for now I'm going to ask everybody what they would prefer.

Power level: 10 points - You are newly discovered and formed Sailor Scouts/Knights/et. Trainees who have just awakened their powers and inexperienced.

20 points- You are average Scouts/heroes who have had some experience using your powers and maybe defeated a Youma or two; roughly halfway through season one.

25 points- You are experienced Senshi who have fought a good number of youmas and have more or less gotten your legging for the magical girl/guy career. Sailor Moon R-S

30+ points- You are highly experienced and battle seasoned Senshi. You have saved the world at least two or three times and have fought dozens of youma. Sailor Moon SuperS and Stars.

Thematic Intensity​

This determines the mood and pace of the game. Do you want a straight up comedy, with possible smutting; intense drama, life and death situations, angst and all that good stuff; or a balanced mix of both like the anime. Where you can have an opportunity to be normal high school girls and do normal high school stuff in between monster fighting and etc.

Freeko has already put his vote in for smutfest, but I would like to know what everybody else wants. If you've already shown interest feel free to edit in your choices in your OP.

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

I'd vote for a more balanced mix, but I'd be fine with the comedy/smut approach too.

For power level, I'd put my first vote for 10 points, and second choice for 20.

Also, will this be set in the Sailor Moon universe or more as an original Magical Girl RP using the Sailor Moon rules as a base?

freeko

Banned
Reputation score

I want all the smuttings, other stuff is irrelevant and I could care less what others pick for that stuff.

Just all the smuttings. All of them.

OP
TentanariX

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score

Hrmmmmm..... I was originally just gonna use Sailor Moon verse to save work and time :p Though I might possibly come up with something original. Sailor Moon is somewhat easier since it's just right there.

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

I don't know if I'd want to play one of the characters from the show/manga. I'd rather make an original character. The rest of the universe doesn't bother me.

OP
TentanariX

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score

That's what I was meaning maiko. lol I would rather you have OC's than named series characters. But I was asking if you want an entirely original world just using the rules or just play in the pre established Sailor Moon world. I could set in the future or what not to, if someone wanted.

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Rathuris

Tentacle God
Reputation score

A balanced mix and power levl 10 sounds good to me. I am also okay with comedy/smut.

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

That's what I was meaning maiko. lol I would rather you have OC's than named series characters. But I was asking if you want an entirely original world just using the rules or just play in the pre established Sailor Moon world. I could set in the future or what not to, if someone wanted.
Ah good. I also meant that it didn't matter to me if the world was original or based on the series. Timeline likewise doesn't matter to me.

Edit: Stupid... Imagination... Couldn't sleep because I was thinking of character concepts. Came up with two, one slightly (scratch that, significantly) more developed than the other. They're both still pretty rough until more information about the game becomes settled.

Sailor Nyx
This one is a pretty dark character concept, probably more suited to a similarly darker campaign theme. The girl (still no name) was attacked and raped by a dog as her first sexual encounter, and as a result, has a fear, yet also a strange attraction to dogs. Ended up going a bit darker still when I decided she was sexually abused by her father as well, developing a similar fear and attraction to men. As Sailor Nyx, her powers are also pretty dark, drawing on fear and nightmares. She'd even be using some negaverse powers. She tries to do good with her sinister powers, though, and when a normal girl is trying to find a normal life after being taken in by foster parents. First name idea was Sailor Phobetor, after the greek god of nightmares, but that didn't quite roll off the tongue, so ended up going with Sailor Nyx, after the greek goddess of the night, and mother of Phobetor (As well as other such gods as Thanatos (god of death), Eris (goddess of discord) and Charon (ferryman of Hades)), so still suitably dark.
Special Attacks: Eternal Nightmare (Causes fearsome hallucinations for the enemy, but no damage. Would work similarly to Mercury's Bubble Spray in disorienting and disabling enemies), Nightmare Terrain (A negaverse environment control power, turns the area around her into a nightmarish reflection of reality. Alternate name: Deadlands), Night Terror (Not quite sure on this one, but it'd be pretty nasty... Night Terrors are pretty scary things, even for people who don't have them)

Sailor Eros
A much more light-hearted character, but one I haven't developed quite as much as Nyx. Would have a similar personality to Usagi/Serena/Sailor Moon, being somewhat ditzy. Eros being a god of love (seems to be more of an emphasis on the physical aspect of love), her powers would be focused around sex and so on. Again, not much thought put into this one so far, but much more suited to a lighter game.

Honestly, I prefer Sailor Nyx, just because I like darker, tragic backstories. Also, I think I'd have an easier time roleplaying her. Sailor Eros is more of a backup concept in case Nyx is too dark for the game.

Last edited:
OP
TentanariX

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score

I think I may run separate threads for people who might wish to do a solo campaign instead of team thread. Normally I wouldn't bother setting things up for two or less people but since this is a forum based game and not a RL table top game with my RL friends I can wing it. I also like teams as it keeps it closer to the anime, though I suppose solo games can be more like the first few episodes. =w= It might take me a bit longer to keep updated on everything but I'll try to be as consistent as possible.

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Solo threads, huh?

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

If I might make a suggestion... Maybe give the Senshi/Knights individual threads, but have a school or 'around town' thread (or threads) for when they're unpowered to meet and do stuff together.

OP
TentanariX

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score

That's a very good idea maiko. Dont know I didnt think of it:D.

EDIT: I've decided that the power level of the game will be average to novice, meaning players will get from 12-15 points to spend on their stats and 20 points for them to spend on their attributes.

Last edited:

Mind Flayer

The Sexy Futanari Admin Goon
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Interest shown from me, always loved Sailor Moon when I was younger, and I meant to post this last night but got too tired. I'm thinking of naming mine Sailor Virtus, with virtus being Latin for virility. Perfect for her since I'm thinking of her being a futanari, if that'd be okay with you Tenta. Having some trouble though on just which of these pics I'd wanna use for her description if her being a futa is alright, I kinda like the first one the best, but the other two are good too. ( , , or )

I kinda would like a good deal of smuttiness for my Sailor Scout/Knight, with her being targeted by her foes so they can drain her of her seed or something, which has magical properties that they use to empower themselves which in turn weakens her the more they drain, so lots of tentacles and monster girls and the like, but few male enemies if possible please. Her out of combat/uniform name is Valerie Astrid Ginnette, or Val for short.

Edit: I suggest a 12 stat point and 15 character point start for each character, with a maximum of 5 extra character points from flaws, which can be taken from the book and fluffed a bit for making it ero styled for those that want to. Though it's up to the GM of course.

Last edited:

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

I been pondering interest for a while. So i‘ll just say i‘m willing to try a solo thread r teamgame, with a more serious tone than what your first thread is sounding like. I dnt mind slow posting rates at all, so no worries there.

xivvix

Lurker
Reputation score

This sounds like it could be fun. I'd be interested in trying it out, thought I've never tried a BESM game before, and am bad at lerninz. I would be more interested in something balanced but leaning towards silly/smutty, though whatever the team chooses would be fine.