What's new

School Courtyard

Bartnum

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score
Re: School Courtyard

"Shell? What do you mean?"

Corax looks somewhat shaken. Without saying a word, he raises a hand towards Charles' armoured head. The helmet begins to crack.

"Mythril. I thought so. What have you done to him?"

OP
SirOni

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Just as suddenly as the vines shoot up and make to grab Charles they fall back down to the ground, cut into several pieces, the counterattack came so fast that they all probably missed it. A second later the sound of metal fracturing echoes from Charles' helmet.

"It seems I may have underestimated you lot," Charles says quietly as he looks at the results of Leo's failed attempt of restraining him. "So, you know of Mythril? You must be one of his comrades then. Fine, I'll let you know what I did to him." Charles' helmet slowly begins to melt down into the rest of the armour, until finally it revealed an unmistakeable face; Art's. However, the expression on it now was a complete opposite of any expression Art would normally make.

"Your friend has kindly offered himself up as an instrument for my revenge." Charles begins to explain, an expression of twisted joy is on his face, and his eyes shine a slight red. "Well, I say offered, what I mean is I took over this body. Though I never imagined that the power it held would be this great. One would say it's comparable to the God's. If such a being existed. And my dear, by 'shell', I mean you were my previous container. You really thought your powers were a result of something genetic? Your existence was simply to house me for when a time came that I could take over a more suitable body, nothing more nothing less. Now that you've served your purpose there's nothing left to warrant your continued existence."

Bartnum

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

Her exhaustion combined with Charles' revalation is too much for Maria, who passes out. Corax glares at Charles and grits his teeth in anger.

"I'm getting her out of here. I'll leave him up to you guys, since I wouldn't be able to beat him without destroying Art's body in anger in the proccess. Try to avoid doing so if you can. If his body is only possessed, we should be able to revive him."

With that, Corax grabs the unconscious Maria and dashes away.

Loli Defense Force

Lili
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Athanasia levels a rifle, the slight hum from it telling her that it was almost full charged as she twists the aiming dials, her target coming into focus as she rested one finger against the trigger, muttering softly under her breath, "Almost there... hm? Is something happening...?" She quickly fumbles through her equipment and takes out a directional microphone, pointing it towards the gathering and listens in, wondering what was going on.

"Blow up this world huh, well, that saves me some time... but on the other hand... dammit." She puts a hand on the weapon and both the gun and the charging device disappears as she hops down from the tree she was squatting in, walking up to the group, she smiles, holding her right hand behind her back as she arrives, "Hi~ what's going on here?"

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Understood, go."

If the pair or minds was startled by the sudden revelation, they did not outwardly show it, but it likely was at least affecting them somewhat.

The pistol discharged once, a blast of red energy streaking towards the possessed Art, moving far faster than most humanoids could process.

However, the two minds were not counting on this blast to hit, in fact, they fully expected the creature possessing Art to be able to dodge it. And so they were moving even as the blast streaked away, out of the line of any return fire the creature might be capable of unleashing.

((I'm holding off on Aya entering the battle for now due to a sudden lack of remembering the differences between this version of her and the SFS's. Will have her enter next post I think.))

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Simon remained standing at a distance. He was just about able to hear most of what was being said, only the few quieter lines escaping him. Things seemed to be heating up, though what would happen yet he had no idea. He made no attempt to hide himself as he watched. As normal, any fear for his own safety didn't even cross his mind, but he was getting increasingly concerned about how this was going to play out.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Ian's still keeping his pose casual, perhaps a bit startled as Leo's vines come streaking across the courtyard, though as he sees them cut away, he frowns.

Yeah, not much good against a pig-sticker like that, I'm afraid.

"So that's why we couldn't find ya," he mutters as the knight is revealed to be Art. Really should have expected that, honestly, he chides himself.

He thought about pulling the sword away from Charles, but given what limited information he knew about Art's abilities, that was risky. He might alter the sword or he might simply make a new one. Well, when it doubt, go with the simplest solution possible...

"Well, good evenin'." There's a touch of surprise in his tone as Athanasia walks up. "Nothin' much. Just a little...squabble between...friends." He wasn't sure if she'd seen Siphon firing off that pistol of his, nor how much this newcomer might be weirded out by the goings-on. Really too late for that, though. In for a penny, and all that.

Of course, if this guy jumped bodies, that might bode ill as well. Still, maybe there was a way to get him out of Art, though for the moment, there was only one trick Ian knew how to do with his mind.

Anticipating that Charles was going to dodge Siphon's shot, he waited for that, since he really didn't want that laser of his slamming into Art. Corax might not take too kindly to his friend getting damaged. Once he was clear, though, Charles would feel himself jerked off of his feet, lifted into the air. Not far, but enough to keep him from running away or, for that matter, dodging again.

((How well this holds is, of course up to y'all, but it's what Ian would do as his attempt to diffuse the situation.))

OP
SirOni

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

"Running away? Tsk, doesn't matter, I'll track you down as soon as I've dealt with these maggots," Charles snidely whilst ignoring the newcomer.

As Siphon shot a blast of energy at him, Charles would suddenly disappear without a sound and a second later reappear right behind where Siphon had just been standing as he sprinted in the direction that Charles had been standing in. This of course meant that Ian's own attack missed Charles completely. "And that was supposed to work, how?" Charles' voice dripped with arrogance, and with an outstretched hand he smirks. "Lets see how well this fares." Lightning dances the length of his arm, and then quite suddenly a bolt of white-blue lightning arcs from Charles' arm and towards Siphon.

Bartnum

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

As Charles shoots the lightning, a translucent, glowing green fist flies into it's path and takes the hit, though it is destroyed in the process. Rolf staggers into the courtyard, one hand apparently missing, though his sleeve has been stretched further over his arm and bulges at the wrist.

"Arrgh! Fuck, my hand! MY HAND!"

Grinning, he pulls his hand free of the sleeve.

"Just kidding! You were fooled, admit it!"

Rolf's hands begin glowing green as he approaches the combatants.

"So, uh... whose side am I on?"

Asmodean

Lurker
Reputation score

Jackson exited the boy's dorm side stepping and sliding around the frozen still students. He wondered if it had anything to do with that blast that had woken him up. He looked out at the courtyard trying to see if anyone else was in fact not frozen still in place like he was. He didn't see anything of note until he started to walk about and saw small gathering of other students. He couldn't make out any of the faces of who might be in the group, so he started to slowly walked up.

Why do I feel like this might be one of the dumbest things I have ever done...? He thought to himself as he walked.

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Son of a bitch. Oh, thanks."

That was clearly Siphon now, who was definitely more than a tad annoyed with the teleportation trick.

"God why am I reminded of that damn biohazard game now with you, sheesh."

The weapon he'd had vanished, and a sudden distortion rippled through the space between him and Charles, almost invisible. If it hit, Charles probably would feel as if something close to six semi-trucks had just took a swing at him and shoved him. If it didn't ... well there was going to be several trees cut nicely into kindling not too far away.

((One more hold off here, still thinking how Aya would respond, but right now if anything does hit him, she's gone to be one pissed blonde.))

Caulder

Is completely fucking irrelevant. And he's a bitch
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Leo watched the counterattack, sighing as he kissed his right index finger, saying a small prayer before noticing his roommate enter the battlefield "You are here two? I guess things just got interesting." he says, drawing his left hand from his pocket and snapping the fingers on both of his hands, as strange vines begin to grow out and entangle around his arms, large thorns covering the surface of said vines, as they begin to twitch and unravel down to touch the ground, a rose forming in the palm of each hand as he silently steps his right foot forward, then charges into a sprint towards the armor-clad figure, both vines trailing behind him, then stabbing forward as he closed the distance.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Simon stood, and watched. As always. He didn't risk taking out his note book in case he might miss something, but he has been making a lot, of mental notes on the things he's learning here. He certainly had been missing things.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Tch. So that's how we're going to play, is it, mate?

Teleportation would, of course, get someone out of Ian's hold. Still, that didn't mean he was completely impotent when it came to helping out.

"Ours, Ah hope. Don't feel like cartin' Siphon's sorry ass back to the dorms if he gets knocked loopy," he calls to Rolf.

What Charles feels next, either dodging Siphon's blast or not, is pulls. Nothing enough to hold him for very long, since the Aussie gathers he'll just wriggle out of it, but he's trying to keep him off-kilter. Pulling at both his legs to knock him on his back, something seizing his wrist if he tries to take a swing, a nice hard dome on the back of the head. He's obviously not trying to hurt Art but he wants the entity itself down for the count.

((Yeah, I'm thinking Sho's going to make an appearance soon, too. Just need that opportune moment.))

OP
SirOni

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

"Like maggots, more of you crawl out of the woodwork," Charles mutters as Rolf 'absorbs' his electrical attack. Raising his sword up he holds it up, as if he was about to strike Charles was however caught offguard. The impact connected, though the armour absorbed most of the hit, which would most likely cause some confusion as to how it did amongst the group. What wasn't absorbed pushed Charles back, his feet dug into the ground to stop himself. Charles moves to the side as Leo makes to strike him, and with a smirk he swings up with his sword, severing the thorned vines. With the back of his hand he makes to strike Leo in the back, though he finds himself frozen in place, a momentary pause that leaves him wide open before he manages to break free of whatever had held him in place.

Isabella having managed to navigate her way out of the forest hides behind a tree not far away from the group though far away enough in her mind so that she couldn't get noticed as she watches the scene unfold.

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Siphon bluntly stared for just a moment.

Not fucking possible, he thought to himself. Fuck fuck FUCK!

Knowing his options were limited, he saw no choice. A moment later, he had uttered several words in an unknown language, and a pair of wickedly sharp and dangerous looking swords appeared in his hands. For the moment however, he did not attack, waiting to see what had happened since the enemy was not moving.

((Holding off on Aya again here, got an idea on how to bring her in, but waiting for the right moment. Also Oni, when you have time we need to talk.))

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Ian keeps up his haranguing of the "knight," mostly using it to deflect or put a stall on any attacks that he might be making toward the others, like the blow toward Leo.

Awww, what the hell? Why not?

Just to be annoying, he also puts some of his effort into trying to wrench the man's sword out of his hand. Should he actually manage to succeed, he then attempts to clobber him over the head with the thing. Otherwise, it's just another obstacle that Charles is going to have to fight past if he wants to hurt any of the others.

By that time, too, Sho's cleared the distance between the dorms and the courtyard, skidding to a stop before winding up right in the middle of things, eyes flicking between who's attacking what and with whom.

"What'n holy hell?" Time to take a minute and assess the situation. Know thine enemy and all that.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Yume who had been following just behind Sho also enters the scene, stopping a few steps behind the other girl. At first she looks happy to see other people not frozen all gathered together, but then realises how they aren't exactly getting along right now. The strange 'Knight' in the centre seemed to be getting a lot of attention in particular. "Huh? What's going on...?"

Further back Ellisia arrives at the courtyard and quickly surveys the scene. Multiple students, fighting, against one opponent? Amongst them she notes Siphon, with his favourite blades drawn and looking quite serious about this. She wasn't sure what to expect from the rest, but it seemed this armoured figure might be quite formidable. Could he be the one behind the strange stasis effect around the school? Ellisia breaks into a fast stride and heads for the uncertain confrontation. One hand griping the hilt of her sword at her back as she walks.

Further back again, Grace emerges from the dorm path and quietly runs along as she stalks Ellisia, stopping behind a bit of scenery for a moment to watch as she spots the gathering up ahead. 'She's going to a midnight moonlight party? Why wasn't I invited? Who are these lot anyway...' she thinks to herself, squinting in the dark to try and make out those present. Needed to get a bit closer. Looking for a good spot to watch from, she notices Isabella lurking in the shadows behind a tree just ahead, watching the group with her back to Grace at the moment. 'At least I'm not the only one who wasn't invited then...'

Grace quietly exits her current cover and pads over to come up behind Isabella. "Hey Isa, what are we watching?" she whispers putting one hand gently on the girls shoulder, and leaning her head over beside Isabella's.

OP
SirOni

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Charles once again finds himself stuck in place momentarily and to his surprise his sword is pulled from him, though as it comes back down at him he grunts in anger and pulls his fist back. A moment later the metal warps and shatters as the blade is struck, and almost as soon as it was destroyed it reforms again in Charles' grip. Now though the hilt of the sword seems to have melded with his gauntlet somehow.

"Don't expect to be able to pull a trick like that again," Charles growls at Ian, his weapon pointed at the man.

While that was happening Isabella continues to watch the group do battle, her attention completely on the scene so that when Grace whispers to her it takes her by surprise and has to stop herself from screaming.

"D-dont do that!" Isabella exclaims as she catches her breath. "There's some kind of battle going on over there," She points to the group, trying to keep herself hidden from what she assumes to be the villain of this little battle. "That man in the armour, I think he's done something or plans on doing something and they're trying to stop him. And I'm not sure, but he kind of looks like that grey haired boy who was doing the tour with the other boy."

"Grr, I've had enough of all you showing up all the time!" Charles half shouts, half snarls as more people arrive. His eyes glance over them all quickly before resting on Yume. "You," In an instant Charles disappears, then reappears directly above Yume. The blade of his sword aiming downwards, Charles falls through the air. A second later his blade impales Yume through her stomach as he lands behind her, and placing his foot on her back Charles pushes her forward and onto the ground as he pulls his weapon free from her. "Alright, who's next?"

Bartnum

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

Rolf's demeanor seems to change as Yume is impaled after the new arrivals appear.

Without saying anything, he raises his still glowing fists and fires a pair of energy fists directly at Charles' face.