What's new

RPG Patreon Active Unknown/Hiatus RPG Maker [SHOEGAZER] Dungeons and Prisoners (RJ113419)

MadCat5814

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
That's the last one i have. I second the question, does a newer one than that exist?
I highly doubt it. Although he wrote down bunch of things done on the blog until May 2018,
nothing was uploaded and the trial's latest version is 4.01 with Feb20 2017 fix.

Aaapeace

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
A shame no-one has really emulated/copied the game's hentai mechanics/gameplay. (aside from Maidensnow from what I know)
As usual the dev got sidetracked and then lazy.

duck666

Tentacle God
Reputation score
A shame no-one has really emulated/copied the game's hentai mechanics/gameplay. (aside from Maidensnow from what I know)
As usual the dev got sidetracked and then lazy.
IIRC, the reason the game is the way it is is because the script was made by Rambling Rabbit, who initially agreed to help ILL, but they had a fall-out at some point.

Hence, another game that kind of plays like DnP is Maiden Snow Eve.

Since then, no one has tried to write something as complex and buggy as this game's script.

OP
habisain

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score
IIRC, the reason the game is the way it is is because the script was made by Rambling Rabbit, who initially agreed to help ILL, but they had a fall-out at some point.
Uh, that's not quite what happened. As far as I understand it (based on a conversation I had with ILL way back when - seems pointless keeping the details confidential now, given that he's vanished off the face of the earth), Rambling Rabbit did not agree to help ILL in any substantive way, as such. The MaidenSnow scripts which ILL used were all open source, so he used them. However, the reason why there was bad blood between Rambling Rabbit and ILL was because ILL was the one responsible for the MaidenSnow Viorated mod, a NSFW version of MaidenSnow (not Eve, but the all-ages version of the game), which Rambling Rabbit was... not best pleased by, to put it lightly, because if nothing else it brought to light that he was distributing a game that was all-ages with some very NSFW content in it that had just been gated off. I guess he was concerned it might get him in legal hot water, kind of like the hot-coffee GTA fiasco.

I'm not entirely sure what happened after that, because I lost contact with ILL. I'd imagine at the very least Rambling Rabbit wouldn't be fixing bugs that occurred in DnP, and ILL not being much of a programmer would have struggled to do that himself.

Ericridge

Tentacle God
Reputation score
I see. . so that's what happened to this game. Thanks guys, i'll be moving on from this one then.

lazycat

Lurker
Reputation score
I see. . so that's what happened to this game. Thanks guys, i'll be moving on from this one then.
I'd put it under "demo that's greater than some finished game" folder and keep that around at least, since if nothing else it's such a unique thing that no game will likely ever replicate it.

Ericridge

Tentacle God
Reputation score
I'd put it under "demo that's greater than some finished game" folder and keep that around at least, since if nothing else it's such a unique thing that no game will likely ever replicate it.
Considering how i wanted have the elf that shows up very early in the game to experience hentai situations, i'm better off forgetting this game ever existed until i see it finished someday.

DaBouncer

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Considering how i wanted have the elf that shows up very early in the game to experience hentai situations, i'm better off forgetting this game ever existed until i see it finished someday.
Or use the skill "Connect" to look at her h stats and use your imagination :p
Honestly, that skill has some interesting tidbits of info. I even noticed that for me, Lynn got the "abused" title directly after the ship sequence.

Kuro

Lurker
Reputation score
It's a shame that this game has gone in hiatus (maybe dead). It was one of the ones I got really interested in so was looking forward to it's completion back then. I only remembered about it now when I saw this thread updated. Nevertheless, I still hope he's getting better with his recovery.

Ericridge

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Or use the skill "Connect" to look at her h stats and use your imagination :p
Honestly, that skill has some interesting tidbits of info. I even noticed that for me, Lynn got the "abused" title directly after the ship sequence.
I'll wait for the game's release before I try that. It might never ever happen oh well.

und3stined

Reputation score
hey, i saw a lot of people saying that the dev is running and not updating the game, is that right?

Bryanis

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
-_-

Just read the thread, follow the links on thread OP.... the answers are out there (^_^).

And yes, no update for years - apparently (since you only got the dev word for it), because of serious illness preventing him from working at all.

alan0n

Reputation score
You know its bad when even the white knights cant be troubled to defend him anymore :sneaky:

Yuan-Tiki

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
hey, i saw a lot of people saying that the dev is running and not updating the game, is that right?
He barely even seems to use the internet anymore. Seems to have replied to direct questions on twitter something like two to three times over the last 18 months.

Which I take it to mean that not only is the game long dead, but there's basically zero prospect of development ever resuming, even if the dev himself won't admit as much.

BunnyBunnyBun

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Sorry for bringing this up again, but I only just now noticed while randomly checking to see if there has been any updates. The latest version I see is 4.01, uloaded 02/20/2017. But the pinned article mentions an update on 05/07/2018. Is that version available anywhere online?

Arde645

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Sorry for bringing this up again, but I only just now noticed while randomly checking to see if there has been any updates. The latest version I see is 4.01, uloaded 02/20/2017. But the pinned article mentions an update on 05/07/2018. Is that version available anywhere online?
No. It's ILL's personal dev version.