What's new

RPG Patreon Active Unknown/Hiatus RPG Maker [SHOEGAZER] Dungeons and Prisoners (RJ113419)

Dimly Lit Hamster

Tentacle God
Reputation score
I might still have my old translation files somewhere on a hard drive. In theory, since they only replaced text, they should still work. As far as I remember it covered all playable content until the random dungeon update.

Though I'll be honest, I'm a bit iffy passing that stuff on without ILL's approval, which is kind of hard to get since they've gone dark.

Edit : I tell a lie! they actually posted on twitter back in December in reply to someone, so they're still alive atleast. Sadly, seems the game is indefinitely on hiatus for now :

"

Suspend indefinitely until your eyes feel better"

lazycat

Lurker
Reputation score
Edit : I tell a lie! they actually posted on twitter back in December in reply to someone, so they're still alive atleast. Sadly, seems the game is indefinitely on hiatus for now :

"

Suspend indefinitely until your eyes feel better"
More precisely, he's got psoriasis on his eye(s?) so until that get better he can't/won't work on the game.

Bryanis

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
More precisely, he's got psoriasis on his eye(s?) so until that get better he can't/won't work on the game.

And short of a real life miracle, it won't happen on it's own.
Either Ill can afford some medecine that work well again his illness, he won't really get better -_-
Sure, long term disease like that have time when they recede a bit and time when they hit hard, but they don't cure themselve with time...

potatogod

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
The very fact that he says "Suspended Indefinitely" at least means that he still thinks about and considers continuing the game, though at the this point I doubt that it will happen.

Dimly Lit Hamster

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Agreed, its a small positive at least. Though, with the amount of time that has passed, and the two new RPGMaker's since this one (one's that arguably might make a game of this type easier to make), I don't really see it happening any time soon.

RyutheXIIIth

Reputation score
So hey, this is my first post in this thread regarding DnP. I'm just another degen that loves this game to bits, and I've been very active in the F95 thread for this game. I've even documented some of my in-game findings there, that I'm sure is worth a read.

Anyway, I'm posting here to let you all know that, just in case, I've backed up both the latest game version, and the latest official game patches in my Mega. If anyone has older or pre-patched modded versions, I'll be happy to host them as well.

RyutheXIIIth

Reputation score
Update: User Bloemkool from F95 shared a very important historical archive of some of the older DnP versions, and mods. Unfortunately, I'm unable to test or sort its contents due to not owning a computer, but I've uploaded it to my drive in case. If someone can help me sort them out, I'll greatly appreciate it.

Also, here's the link to the original archive:

joes123123

Reputation score
Do not ask for a game for ANY reason. Asking for or alluding to links to game downloads is prohibited. Failure to follow this rule will result in an immediate 1 week ban.
Anyone had the complete translated version?

Gabe_S01

Reputation score
So as far I can say only the games that are fun roguelites are:
Dungeons and Prisoners
MaidensnowEve
Wings of Roldea
Sinisistar
Shame that DnP had such potential

climhazzard

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Sinisistar was a Roguelite?

Not really? To my knowledge you kept your game progress after defeat. And thank god for that, because at least for me that game is hard. I generally define roguelite as games with perma death, but have upgrades that you can permanently unlock that make you stronger the more times you play the game, a recent H game example is Succubus Heaven. I wouldn't say any of those games mentioned are roguelites, though MaidenSnowEve is kind of similar to a roguelite, you never truly get a gameover when defeated, just lose progress and gain sex stats.

I think MaidenSnowEve is the best game to play if you're sad that DnP never met it's potential. But it was already mentioned.

Last edited:

A Lost Cat

Lurker
Reputation score
Not really? To my knowledge you kept your game progress after defeat. And thank god for that, because at least for me that game is hard. I generally define roguelite as games with perma death, but have upgrades that you can permanently unlock that make you stronger the more times you play the game, a recent H game example is Succubus Heaven. I wouldn't say any of those games mentioned are roguelites, though MaidenSnowEve is kind of similar to a roguelite, you never truly get a gameover when defeated, just lose progress and gain sex stats.

I think MaidenSnowEve is the best game to play if you're sad that DnP never met it's potential. But it was already mentioned.

I'm pretty sure this is the difference between a rogueLIKE and a rogueLITE.

DnP and Maidensnoweve are in that vein of mystery dungeons (For non-h games, think the pokemon series of mystery dungeons, shiren the wanderer, or azure dreams) which are kindof a metamorphosis of old roguelikes, which are -Like- Rogue, a very old dungeon crawler, (i can't recall if it's actually the very first one). I think they all have been encompassed into Roguelikes, though those in particular are a bit on the "lite" end. More traditional roguelikes would be something like Caves of Qud, Stone Soup, Angband, Portalis, or Tales of Maj'Eyal... with permadeath turned on if they have the options.

Roguelites, though, have been blown up, originally being similar to rogue, but not having permadeath or making other aspects of it easier, thus "lite".** However, it's been expanded a lot to mean a game you can die rather easy and unexpectedly, but is "lite" in that you can carry over something between playthroughs, whether that's perk points for bonuses, or equipment in a safebox, or whatnot. For example, Rogue Legacy or Spelunky for platformers, The Last Spell for tower defense, Vampire Survivors for bullethell, or Dungeonmans for more traditional

TBH, a main point of H-games involving losing to get the scenes, is compensated for in DnP and MSE in that you don't "die" or "gameover" you just get literally fucked, and then get back up.... to find out you're fucked again because the game stole all of your equipment and maybe scattared it near you, and also whatever spawned near you is horny and now you're naked so maybe it's a bit worse than just dying and loading the save.... but i digress. It's a discussion that could be had on placing them in roguelite or not, seeing as how when you lose all of your equipment, you may as well just load a save... Though i think even that makes it Lite, i think rogue and similar games at the time ran on permadeath modes only with no other option.

**a big improvement, because as i hear (because i never actually played original Rogue), rogue is hard as fuck, and RNG chaos on top of it, to the point where it cna literally generate an unwinnable labyrinth, and you won't know it's unwinnable unless you check every last tile and wall in it

But to the question of if sinisistar is a roguelite or not, i suppose it'd be if you got things carried over from losing into the next attempt. I uhhh, i tried sinisistar once... my preferences didn't quite match up enough to play much.

Last edited:

climhazzard

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
My recommendation for those who want to play MSE is to deal with your defeats without reloading saves, in other words treat it like a game that has a roguelike or lite save system, even though it doesn't. It makes it a more challenging experience, and better imo, it's the only real way for your sex stats to build up to a point that they effect the gameplay. It might be hard since you sometimes get taken deeper into the dungeon, but you can generally find a teleporter or something to escape.

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score
Calling Sinisistar a roguelite is like calling Mario games roguelites. What is even going on with this discussion.

Anyway, get back on topic, please.

alias34

Cthulhu
Reputation score
If only there was something on-topic to discuss... What even is the dev doing nowadays?

Bryanis

Reputation score
If only there was something on-topic to discuss... What even is the dev doing nowadays?
Trying to survive an incurable disease in a country where you pay medical fee with your own money and not a fully government suported healthcare system from he said before disapearing...

And that's a discussion that have been taking at least 1/4 of the thread without more intel so I doubt there any point to keep at it ;D

DarkAce51

Lurker
Reputation score
Trying to survive an incurable disease in a country where you pay medical fee with your own money and not a fully government suported healthcare system from he said before disapearing...

And that's a discussion that have been taking at least 1/4 of the thread without more intel so I doubt there any point to keep at it ;D
Isn't Ill from japan? Thought they had socialized healthcare there?

Bryanis

Reputation score
Isn't Ill from japan? Thought they had socialized healthcare there?
From what Ill said, the treatment cost to fight the symptom ain't covered in full by hte local healthcare system. So he have to pay to get treated.
And the treament is to reduce / temporary nullify the symptom. Not curing the disease...