What's new

OP
Lv1VillagerA

Lv1VillagerA

Lurker
Reputation score
Actually anyone can, if they're willing to use Capture2Text, I can explain them how it works.

Civilincubus

Reputation score
Total noob question, does game version 3.1 work with the patch using RPG Maker Translator 4.5? If so, I am totally botching the translation process and could really use some help. As is I'm using the game.exe for the game file and the RPGMKTRANSPATCH in the shrift patch folder for the patch file. Is there something i'm doing wrong? Any help would be much appreciated.

OP
Lv1VillagerA

Lv1VillagerA

Lurker
Reputation score
It should work. (there may be stuff in the error log though). Did you decrypt the game and removed the archive?

Civilincubus

Reputation score
Which decrypting software are you suggesting I use? If its RPGMaker Trans v4.5 Legacy then I'm not sure I know how to use it correctly. Each time I try to use it, I get a fully functioning game, nothing decrypted and I can't find an archive file. I'm guessing I'm messing something up in the process and don't realize what it is.

OP
Lv1VillagerA

Lv1VillagerA

Lurker
Reputation score
From the READ ME file:
To apply this patch you need:
> RPG Maker XP / VX / VX Ace Decrypter by Falo (or any other RPG Maker unpacker)
>'RPGMaker Trans':
> an untranslated version of the game (SHRIFT)

How to apply this patch:

Decrypt RPG Maker data and delete the Game RGSS Encrypted Archive (*)
>Skip to 'Run RPGMakerTrans.exe' if you've already deleted the Game RGSS Encrypted Archive and want to apply a new patch
>Run RPG Maker XP / VX / VX Ace Decrypter by Falo
>Go to File/Open File
>Select the Game RGSS Encrypted Archive (Game.rgss3a) in your game folder
>Go to Tools/Extract Selected
This will create an 'Extract' folder with all the decrypted files in your game folder
>Merge the contents of the Extract folder with your Game Folder (you don't need to overwrite them)
>Delete or Rename (ex:Game_copy.rgss3a) the Game RGSS Encrypted Archive you selected previously
The game can still run, its data is just no longer encrypted. These steps delete any duplicate in the RGSS Encrypted Archive and the non encrypted files which may cause RPG Trans to never finish

>Run RPGMakerTrans.exe
>Select Game.exe from the Game folder as the 'Game Location'
>Select RPGMKTRANSPATCH from the patch folder as 'Patch Location'
The patch info should appear on the right.
>You can click 'Go!'

The Error log will display any translation that could not be replaced and will remain in Japanese.
You may get a lot of errors if you patch a previous version of the game.

This will create a copy of the game folder with your saves and name it [your game folder name]_translated.
>Run [your game folder name]_translated/Game.exe

IMPORTANT:
-CHECK or DELETE the pictures in the 'assets' folder most are unusable,
due to to the experimental nature of the picture translation.

-(*) If you run unto a problem with RPGMaker Trans stuck for minutes/definitively,
you might have to decrypt the game and delete the encrypted data.
You can find help on the forum but sharing a hacked game is illegal.
Hacking yourself is perfectly legal but uploading/distributing a file (hacked/modified)
that can be used as a substitute for game itself, and thus lower the original game sales,
may put you into trouble as your file may/will be--rightfully--claimed.
Please be responsible and don't make trouble for the creator of the game.

Last edited:

Civilincubus

Reputation score
That helps, problem it seems is that after downloading a fresh copy from the dlsite, the only RGSS file I can find is in the system folder and I get an error whenever I try to use it as a starting point to decrypt. The error using the falo decrypter is "Error Reading file, no RGSSAD HEADER!" Any suggestions? Also thank you again.

OP
Lv1VillagerA

Lv1VillagerA

Lurker
Reputation score
The RGSS3a file should be next to game.exe . There's no point to encrypt RPG Maker data, except if you want to force people to share a hack, so I'm not going to complain if the creator didn't encrypt this version.

So if you don't have to decrypt the game, then you can use RPG Maker Trans directly.

Edit: Don't mistake Game.rgss3a for RGSS301.dll
Send a screenshot of your game folder if you're confused.

Last edited:

tritrium

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Got the game yesterday.
Been trying to get it translated but i cant.
Everytime i run the translation patch, it all runs fine untill the end.
Then i get a bunch of failed to load errors.
Ill copy paste them:

WARNING: Ruby with nonzero exit code 1

ERROR: Ruby unexpectedly quit.

Ruby Traceback:

<internal:gem_prelude>:1:in `require': cannot load such file -- rubygems.rb (LoadError)

from <internal:gem_prelude>:1:in `<compiled>'

I get about 8 of those.
Altho it does finish the whole thing, the data, graphics, system maps are all empty, which answered my confusion about why the game wont run afterwards.
Only the audio seems to get pulled through.
I dont know what is causing this, i hope its nothing serious as ive been stuck with those 3 dogs for 7 hours and im about to give up on it alltogether.

OP
Lv1VillagerA

Lv1VillagerA

Lurker
Reputation score
Once again, check if you didn't miss anything:
################## HOW TO APPLY THE PATCH #######################
To apply this patch you need:

> RPG Maker XP / VX / VX Ace Decrypter by Falo (or any other RPG Maker unpacker)
>'RPGMaker Trans':
> an untranslated version of the game (SHRIFT)

How to apply this patch:

Decrypt RPG Maker data and delete the Game RGSS Encrypted Archive (*)
>Skip to 'Run RPGMakerTrans.exe' if you've already deleted the Game RGSS Encrypted Archive and want to apply a new patch
>Run RPG Maker XP / VX / VX Ace Decrypter by Falo
>Go to File/Open File
>Select the Game RGSS Encrypted Archive (Game.rgss3a) that is in the same folder as game.exe (don't mistake it for System\RGSS301.dll).
>Go to Tools/Extract Selected
This will create an 'Extract' folder with all the decrypted files in your game folder
>Merge the contents of the Extract folder with your Game Folder (you don't need to overwrite them)
>Delete or Rename (ex:Game_copy.rgss3a) the Game RGSS Encrypted Archive you selected previously
The game plays the same, its data is just no longer encrypted. These steps delete any duplicate in the RGSS Encrypted Archive and the non encrypted files which may cause RPG Trans to never finish

>Run RPGMakerTrans.exe
>Select Game.exe from the Game folder as the 'Game Location'
>Select RPGMKTRANSPATCH from the patch folder as 'Patch Location'
The patch info should appear on the right.
>You can click 'Go!'

The Error log will display all the translation that could not be used (it will at worse leave some text in Japanese)
You may get a lot of these errors if you patch a previous version of the game.

This will create a copy of the game folder with your saves and name it [your game folder name]_translated.
>Run [your game folder name]_translated/Game.exe

IMPORTANT:
-CHECK or DELETE the pictures in the 'assets' folder most are unusable,
due to to the experimental nature of the picture translation.

-(*) If you run unto a problem with RPGMaker Trans stuck for minutes/definitively,
you might have to decrypt the game and delete the encrypted data.
You can find help on the forum but sharing a hacked game is illegal.
Hacking yourself is perfectly legal but uploading/distributing a file (hacked/modified)
that can be used as a substitute for game itself, and thus lower the original game sales, is not.
While you may not be fined, your file will most likely be--rightfully--claimed.
Please be responsible and don't make trouble for the creator of the game.
Feel free to come back if it still doesn't work.

Madflavor

Reputation score
Bro...I just started playing this game last night. I usually got to bed for work at 10:30pm, instead I was up til 1:00pm because I couldn't stop playing. Bless you for this patch man, this game is amazing. I'm hoping to get the word out there that people should try it out.

I'm in Chapter 1-2 right now. How far along with the translation are you?

OP
Lv1VillagerA

Lv1VillagerA

Lurker
Reputation score
Bro...I just started playing this game last night. I usually got to bed for work at 10:30pm, instead I was up til 1:00pm because I couldn't stop playing. Bless you for this patch man, this game is amazing. I'm hoping to get the word out there that people should try it out.

I'm in Chapter 1-2 right now. How far along with the translation are you?
Chapter 3-3 bro. That's the magic of my auto translator ;)

People don't realize there's almost 5k lines of code for this beast. I love what she's able to do.

Madflavor

Reputation score
That's awesome. I wonder why this game isn't getting more attention. It's such a cut above the rest.

afrg

Lurker
Reputation score
Hi all, I made a translation myself, and posted it here: https://ulmf.org/posts/1000100/
I used RPG Maker XP itself to do the translation, in combination with AGTH, CiiTransLite, ATLAS and the occasional Google Translate. I'd be happy to answer any questions about this process.
It's not an ideal way of doing things, as it will only work for a specific version of the game. But it does allow me to translate any part of the game. Now all I need is more than the most basic knowledge of Japanese grammar...

OP
Lv1VillagerA

Lv1VillagerA

Lurker
Reputation score
Hi all, I made a translation myself, and posted it here: https://ulmf.org/posts/1000100/
I used RPG Maker XP itself to do the translation, in combination with AGTH, CiiTransLite, ATLAS and the occasional Google Translate. I'd be happy to answer any questions about this process.
It's not an ideal way of doing things, as it will only work for a specific version of the game. But it does allow me to translate any part of the game. Now all I need is more than the most basic knowledge of Japanese grammar...
Use RPG Maker trans if you want your patch to be usable on all future version;
Please comment #afrg in the translation files if you want me to include your translation in future patches.

Last edited:

afrg

Lurker
Reputation score
Yeah, I hadn't noticed this thread before. If there is anything in my stuff you can use, go for it.
I'm not sure what you mean by
Please comment #afrg in the translation files if you want me to include your translation in future patches.
though.

OP
Lv1VillagerA

Lv1VillagerA

Lurker
Reputation score
Yeah, I hadn't noticed this thread before. If there is anything in my stuff you can use, go for it.
I'm not sure what you mean by

though.
See for yourself.
#Dargoth
#MTLed

I would like to use use your translation. But I won't be using it simply because I can't. Your files are to hard to edit/sort the useful information. Text file are neat in that aspect, plus my whole project is built around hybrid human/machine translation ON rpg maker trans.

Attachments

afrg

Lurker
Reputation score
Well, yours is obviously the better setup. I really don't feel like porting everything, but you seem to have most stuff here anyway. I mostly just wanted to 'peek under the hood', if you will, and the translation bit just sort of grew out of it. Now I'm just glad I didn't waste all that much time on it.

OP
Lv1VillagerA

Lv1VillagerA

Lurker
Reputation score
No time wasted. Your translation is still out there and everyone appreciate your efforts. If there was 10 more people like you SHRIFT would have been translated long ago.
Also, some user don't like the idea of machine translation and may actually prefer your translation.

Lazzarus

Lurker
Reputation score
The creator wanted to translate this game in english. He asked DLsite to translate it, but it cost about 100'000¥ (900$) alone for chapter 1.

Last edited: