What's new

OP
Lv1VillagerA

Lv1VillagerA

Lurker
Reputation score
The creator wanted to translate this game on english. He asked DLsite to translate it, but it cost about 100'000¥ (900$) alone for chapter 1.
Should I PM him on pixiv? Not sure how he will react though.

mE GAINJIN ME COME IN PEACE

If only Dargoth could take the job...

Last edited:

afrg

Lurker
Reputation score
Mine are more like human-interpreted machine translations. Take the Japanese, strip it of all cultural and societal context, add in about 3 grammatical errors per word and a good helping of mistranslated homonyms, and that should begin to resemble my translation. Though I can at least assure you that none of my translations start with the phrase "It peels, and".

OP
Lv1VillagerA

Lv1VillagerA

Lurker
Reputation score
Mine are more like human-interpreted machine translations. Take the Japanese, strip it of all cultural and societal context, add in about 3 grammatical errors per word and a good helping of mistranslated homonyms, and that should begin to resemble my translation. Though I can at least assure you that none of my translations start with the phrase "It peels, and".
Human editing is already, in itself, a large improvement. Machine are just fast and rigorous if you can explain them the rules.
Human>Machine on quality

Madflavor

Reputation score
Geez as much as an official translation would be nice, I’d hate to see him spend that kind of money. Looking at both English and Japanese sales, it looks to be between 2200-2300. Which for the amount of effort that was put into the game, he deserves more.

afrg

Lurker
Reputation score
I'll probably see if there's a half-easy way to port my translations tomorrow or the day after. I just spent about 4 hours making this thing which, as I have just discovered, is my daily tolerance to moon runes.

@Lv1VillagerA Do you think it's possible to revert the translator's process? So that it creates those text files from my patched game files? That would make merging things a lot easier.

OP
Lv1VillagerA

Lv1VillagerA

Lurker
Reputation score
It is... but I'll have to spend a few hours to code it...
-Create a patch with the patched game with RPG Trans
-Create a patch with the unpatched game with RPG Trans
-Compare Japanese string
-Missing Japanese strings are English strings
-Find the context for English strings
-Add translation to Context of Japanese equivalent of English string

+handle exceptions

I DON'T WANNNAAAAAAA

VS

manually add translations using the Item ID that's on both the RPG Maker editor and the txt files next to > Context:
(ctrl F, ctrl c, ctrl v until everything is translated)

Honestly, If 1/3 of the game was translated, I would consider the first method.
But method 2 is easier right now. I'm really spent after rushing the translator for Chapter 3.

Last edited:

afrg

Lurker
Reputation score
So if I understand correctly, all lines marked #MLTed need to be replaced (or at least checked)?

OP
Lv1VillagerA

Lv1VillagerA

Lurker
Reputation score
Yes, those are machine outputs.
They will be #MTLed in the next patch (as in "Machine TransLated")
Your comment makes me realize I've written #MLTed by accident in the code.

Last edited:

Madflavor

Reputation score
For now just being able to get English is great. Hopefully though someday we get a proper translation so I actually know what they're saying. Machine Translation reminds me of trying to understand Trolls in the Witcher 3.

OP
Lv1VillagerA

Lv1VillagerA

Lurker
Reputation score
Yeah, the machine translation is some sort of milestone.
Making the text lines mostly coherent was one of the auto-translator goal and it already achieved that.
I've never bet on a full human patch to be released any time soon, but I think this project will speed things up (because it was designed to do exactly that: a 100% patch with increasing quality).
Of course there will always be people looking down on the project just because it has 'machine translation'.

afrg

Lurker
Reputation score
Well, here's a start, at least: the skills.
Turns out that with a few clever keyboard macros, copying over my translations wasn't all that difficult. Just a little tedious.
There are 16 untranslated bits, but most of those are designed to be nonsense.

Ninja edit: There does seem to be a bug in the translator for shared strings: There are multiple context entries for them, but all of them point to the last place where the string is encountered. I fixed some of them as I came across them, but not all.

Attachments

Lazzarus

Lurker
Reputation score
Turns out that with a few clever keyboard macros, copying over my translations wasn't all that difficult. Just a little tedious.

Ninja edit: There does seem to be a bug in the translator for shared strings: There are multiple context entries for them, but all of them point to the last place where the string is encountered. I fixed some of them as I came across them, but not all.
Most of these unstranslated lines are for the sphinx. It's a pain to figure out what the meaing is from these words.

afrg

Lurker
Reputation score
I'm pretty sure some of them are actually meaningless, while others are very obfuscated. It's all written in kana, since our hero is now too stupid for kanji. Trouble is, there are so many homophones in Japanese that without the kanji, the equivalent kana can have many different meanings. Someone who actually understands Japanese might puzzle out what they're supposed to say, but I sure can't. Then there's this gem, where the opposite problem exists:
縺雁燕縺ッ菴墓腐縺薙%縺セ縺ァ譚・縺溘?縺??
縺薙?蜈医r譛ャ蠖薙↓隕九◆縺??縺具シ
Google doesn't even know half of those characters. If there's some obscure meaning here, I certainly won't find it in a million years. Luckily I don't think anyone is actually supposed to ever see the skill this is for.

Lazzarus

Lurker
Reputation score
I'm pretty sure some of them are actually meaningless, while others are very obfuscated. It's all written in kana, since our hero is now too stupid for kanji. Trouble is, there are so many homophones in Japanese that without the kanji, the equivalent kana can have many different meanings. Someone who actually understands Japanese might puzzle out what they're supposed to say, but I sure can't. Then there's this gem, where the opposite problem exists:

Google doesn't even know half of those characters. If there's some obscure meaning here, I certainly won't find it in a million years. Luckily I don't think anyone is actually supposed to ever see the skill this is for.
Well that's probably because Kazuya can't remember Katakana and hiragana. It is possible that they are totaly meaningless. He is just brain damaged mostly in this fight. <_<

OP
Lv1VillagerA

Lv1VillagerA

Lurker
Reputation score

Great, thanks. I'll had this to the manual translations.
Edit: After I do some basic proofread
Edit2: giving back what yours after a quick proofread. There are still some minor issues but that's better that having machine translation. I'll add it in the next version of the patch.
Edit 3:百鬼 is the female oni (hyakki) that's a name so no hundred demon. I'll edit that one day.

Attachments

Last edited: