What's new

unknownpervert

Sex Demon
Reputation score
Got the game yesterday.
Been trying to get it translated but i cant.
Everytime i run the translation patch, it all runs fine untill the end.
Then i get a bunch of failed to load errors.
Ill copy paste them:

WARNING: Ruby with nonzero exit code 1

ERROR: Ruby unexpectedly quit.

Ruby Traceback:

<internal:gem_prelude>:1:in `require': cannot load such file -- rubygems.rb (LoadError)

from <internal:gem_prelude>:1:in `<compiled>'

I get about 8 of those.
Altho it does finish the whole thing, the data, graphics, system maps are all empty, which answered my confusion about why the game wont run afterwards.
Only the audio seems to get pulled through.
I dont know what is causing this, i hope its nothing serious as ive been stuck with those 3 dogs for 7 hours and im about to give up on it alltogether.
Getting the exact same problem,and I followed every step in the guide,I was considering giving up but the game looks actually really good so it would be waste to not try it.
Data/graphic and system maps are all empty too,meaning the problem come from RPGMakerTransv4.5,didn't even have the chance to use RPGMakerTransv2.0 like you since they are too old.
My game is at version 3.06.I tried both patch 3.05 and 3.11 and none worked.
Any solution for this or should I just give up and wait for the english release?

OP
Lv1VillagerA

Lv1VillagerA

Lurker
Reputation score
It works if you follow the guide. If it's stuck at 90% something then you didn't unpack your game, put the content of the extract folder in the game files and/or didn't renamed the archive. Please post a reply if that solved your problem so people don't think there's an issue on the patch's end before thinking it could be on their end.

If you have another problem then I might want to hear what exactly happens so hopefully you'll be the last to have it.

unknownpervert

Sex Demon
Reputation score
So,I did every step once again but it didn't worked,the thing is that RPGMakerTrans is not doing the patching properly,it does said it has finished patching and is a 100% completion with that error that appear in log for like 7-8 times

WARNING: Ruby with nonzero exit code 1
ERROR: Ruby unexpectedly quit.
Ruby Traceback:
<internal:gem_prelude>:1:in `require': cannot load such file -- rubygems.rb (LoadError)
from <internal:gem_prelude>:1:in `<compiled>'

But the folders of translated game's folder are empty,excepted the audio's folder.

OP
Lv1VillagerA

Lv1VillagerA

Lurker
Reputation score
That seems new, retry after deleting the contents in the assets folder. I'll test some stuff on my side.

Edit:
Tested with a fresh version of 3.11, works perfectly, no error.
Did you download this:
Do your untranslated game folder look like this?
CaptureAAA.JPG
in properties (3663 Files, 35 Folders) if less then there's a problem with your game

Last edited:

unknownpervert

Sex Demon
Reputation score
Yes its looking the same as you,but I only have 3 647 Files, 34 Folders,and its version 3.06.

OP
Lv1VillagerA

Lv1VillagerA

Lurker
Reputation score
I think I get it. I managed to have the same error log as you.
Mine appeared after I deleted rubygems.rb in the RPGMTrans folder.
Instead of raking a few minutes, the patching is instant and I got the same error a few times in the traceback.

2 possibilities:
-Your version of RPGMTrans4.5 has been modified. Try downloading RPGMTrans again from the (worry if you got it from somewhere else).
-Everything is fine but RPGMTrans4.5 don't work properly on your computer. No general solution.

I would still recommend you use 3.05 instead of 3.11 for 3.06.

unknownpervert

Sex Demon
Reputation score
I see,that's too bad then,I redownloaded RPGMtrans again from the official website but it still didn't worked,even when desactivating my firewall and stuff.Thanks again for the help,guess I'll just wait English release.

Edit:Just found out why it wasn't working,I changed the folder where RPGMTrans was and its now working,I assume it didn't worked because it was in too many folder making it difficult to process the patch since the path was too long.Anyways,thanks again!

Last edited:
OP
Lv1VillagerA

Lv1VillagerA

Lurker
Reputation score
Currently working on an alternative for those that can't use RPG Trans.
It only uses RPG Maker Scripts and is somehow working ATM (most dialogues work at least).
Making it work for part 4 release will be a challenge though.

1542841757494.png
(choices don't work for now...)

With it there's no need to decrypt or make a copy of the game. It only replaces the game ini so the translation process is completely reversible.
No doubt it will replace RPG Maker Trans (once it's bug-free).

I'll upload it this WE but don't expect it to be better the RPG Trans patch.

Edit: Done. I'll go back on it to fix performance issues, fix a bug that prevent some text to be translated, and add some features. But hey; it's not that bad for something done in my free time this week.

Last edited:

Aesthetic

Reputation score
Y'all have a google docs? I could help edit stuff. I understand english well enough from a verbal standpoint as well so I'm confident I can be of use in the translation process.

OP
Lv1VillagerA

Lv1VillagerA

Lurker
Reputation score
I can set up one. Just give me some time.
(I need to fix some code because Google Trad updated)

Last edited:

Aesthetic

Reputation score
I can set up one. Just give me some time.
(I need to fix some code because Google Trad updated)
If it's too difficult then do a public pastebin or something. DLing files, editing them, and reuploading them, w/o knowing if I'm editing the latest copy, seems like a pretty haphazard approach to me. Not to attack the awesome stuff you've already done btw XD. Just giving you alternative options.

Last edited:
OP
Lv1VillagerA

Lv1VillagerA

Lurker
Reputation score
If you replace #MTLed BY #Aesthetic you can just send me the files and they'll overwrite the machine translation. No need for fancy stuff.

Use the dictionary as reference (at least if you have something that really looks like a name / something you and the auto-translator should give the same translation to).
Also, keep in mind dialogue text line size are either 60 or 50 if the character face appears.

I broke a few things (actually a lot) in the latest patch so I wanted to update the patch so you could work on decent MTLed engrish (I also wanted to give you a patch where you know what dialogue uses a character face). However that doesn't seem possible as Google updated their translation services and gave a huge middle finger to the devs, leaving me with something to fix ASAP.

When I'm done with the google thing I'll make something like you've suggested.

Attachments

Last edited:

Aesthetic

Reputation score
If you replace #MTLed BY #Aesthetic you can just send me the files and they'll overwrite the machine translation. No need for fancy stuff.

Use the dictionary as reference (at least if you have something that really looks like a name / something you and the auto-translator should give the same translation to).
Also, keep in mind dialogue text line size are either 60 or 50 if the character face appears.

I broke a few things (actually a lot) in the latest patch so I wanted to update the patch so you could work on decent MTLed engrish (I also wanted to give you a patch where you know what dialogue uses a character face). However that doesn't seem possible as Google updated their translation services and gave a huge middle finger to the devs, leaving me with something to fix ASAP.

When I'm done with the google thing I'll make something like you've suggested.
Cool. A dictionary seems like it would be useful :)
So where's the game text? Oh lol, didn't see that last line with the "when you're done with the google thing." Sorry for my impatience. I won't be able to dedicate too much time but I do really want to help.

OP
Lv1VillagerA

Lv1VillagerA

Lurker
Reputation score
Cool. A dictionary seems like it would be useful :)
So where's the game text? Oh lol, didn't see that last line with the "when you're done with the google thing." Sorry for my impatience. I won't be able to dedicate too much time but I do really want to help.
Help is always appreciated. See "how to translate" at the bottom of the first post. It tells where you can edit the translation files.
Everything is in text files so you might want to use a good text editor like Notepad++.
I would recommend you translate while playing the english version.
Don't edit afrg or dargoth's stuff I'm already doing it.

Aesthetic

Reputation score
Help is always appreciated. See "how to translate" at the bottom of the first post. It tells where you can edit the translation files.
Everything is in text files so you might want to use a good text editor like Notepad++.
Thanks man. Pretty straightforward stuff. I'll get on it whenever I have the time.

Aesthetic

Reputation score
Is this the proper way?

Code:
> BEGIN STRING
………ここの警備員らしいな。
もう既に息はないが……。
> CONTEXT: Map013/events/1/pages/0/2/Dialogue
………It seems to be a security guard here。
I have not breathed already……。#MTLed
> END STRING
………He used to be a security guard here.
He's not breathing anymore……。#Aesthetic
> END STRING
or is it like this.

Code:
> BEGIN STRING
………ここの警備員らしいな。
もう既に息はないが……。
………He used to be a security guard here.
He's not breathing anymore……。#Aesthetic
> END STRING
How do I handle special japanese characters like … and 。
I've been inconsistent in how I handle them, but can I replace them with three . like ... and the circle with .

Last edited:
OP
Lv1VillagerA

Lv1VillagerA

Lurker
Reputation score
Is this the proper way?
How do I handle special japanese characters like … and 。
I've been inconsistent in how I handle them, but can I replace them with three . like ... and the circle with .
Do it like this.

Code:
> BEGIN STRING
………ここの警備員らしいな。
もう既に息はないが……。
.........He used to be a security guard here.
He's not breathing anymore.......#Aesthetic
> END STRING
You should replace 。and … or any other Japanese character when you can (exceptions are stuff like heart, music notes, etc. or anything you as a translator feel like keeping).
The machine translation should also have replaced them but I messed up some parameters. It should be now fixed in the new patch.
But it doesn't really matter as you can still proofread everything latter.

It's more important that you keep the RPGMT patch format. so you understand what this is all about.
The part where you have to comment #Aesthetic is just something I add to this so your files are compatible with the machine translation.

Aesthetic

Reputation score
How's progress on that google docs thing?
Currently making decent progress on my end.

OP
Lv1VillagerA

Lv1VillagerA

Lurker
Reputation score
I set up one but it seems impractical. I can't see how this is better than using comments to indicate manual translations.
I see how this would be useful to monitor progress and get translators to work on different files without editing doing two times the same file.
But is this something like this actually needed?

I mean, you can always get you files back if you download the patch again and look for #Aesthetic...
Feel free to point out what I'm missing.

Aesthetic

Reputation score
I set up one but it seems impractical. I can't see how this is better than using comments to indicate manual translations.
I see how this would be useful to monitor progress and get translators to work on different files without editing doing two times the same file.
But is this something like this actually needed?

I mean, you can always get you files back if you download the patch again and look for #Aesthetic...
Feel free to point out what I'm missing.
It also lowers the barrier to entry as it's just a click away.