What's new

OP
Lv1VillagerA

Lv1VillagerA

Lurker
Reputation score
Then let's go with Google Drive. This will be a test.

Maybe a pastebin or github would be better? I don't know.

But I really prefer you actually share the files on ulmf.

Aesthetic

Reputation score
Then let's go with Google Drive. This will be a test.

Maybe a pastebin or github would be better? I don't know.

But I really prefer you actually share the files on ulmf.
Of course. Almost done my editing for Chapter 1-1. I'll post it when I have the time :)

Last edited:

Aesthetic

Reputation score
Actually... there's way more text in chapter 1-1 that isn't easy to find. I thought I was making good progress, but there's a lot more to do T_T
I do want to put out something decent, and maybe bring out some energy when it comes to this game's translation scene. Let's see how things go from now on.

OP
Lv1VillagerA

Lv1VillagerA

Lurker
Reputation score
No need to let it bother you too much. If you're missing something the machine translation will fill in the rest and you will still be able to go back edit it later. You don't have to translate everything.

OP
Lv1VillagerA

Lv1VillagerA

Lurker
Reputation score
Actually... there's way more text in chapter 1-1 that isn't easy to find. I thought I was making good progress, but there's a lot more to do T_T
I do want to put out something decent, and maybe bring out some energy when it comes to this game's translation scene. Let's see how things go from now on.
I don't know when you want to upload your patch but if you want to do so before part 4 release you might want to give it to me now for auto-proofread. That would help me to improve the auto-proofreader and you your translation.

Aesthetic

Reputation score
Here's what I've been working on. It's all over the place, and I haven't been able to do too much but it's more than nothing T_T

OP
Lv1VillagerA

Lv1VillagerA

Lurker
Reputation score
Here's what I've been working on. It's all over the place, and I haven't been able to do too much but it's more than nothing T_T
I'll check this out and edit this post.

Edit 1:
It's pretty decent. I gave it a go on the auto-proofreader.
the main issue seems to be the sentences length ("Warning char limit" in text file). I'll double check to be sure but it seems some sentences exceeded the 60 characters limit.
Next there are a few translation issues ('"Warning Name") with terms like Lust (性欲) or mind corruption (心蝕) but it was to be expected when you start fresh and the dictionary is a but too long to be helpful. There are way less of them than the proofreader tells as many entries in the dictionary are just SFX. The proofreader is strict and is very likely to trigger when it encounters a term that has many different translations (like a SFX).

I'll give you the files back after I update them with the new machine translation and prevent the proofreader from triggering each time it encounters a SFX.

Attachments

Last edited:

Aesthetic

Reputation score
I'll check this out and edit this post.

Edit 1:
It's pretty decent. I gave it a go on the auto-proofreader.
the main issue seems to be the sentences length ("Warning char limit" in text file). I'll double check to be sure but it seems some sentences exceeded the 60 characters limit.
Next there are a few translation issues ('"Warning Name") with terms like Lust (性欲) or mind corruption (心蝕) but it was to be expected when you start fresh and the dictionary is a but too long to be helpful. There are way less of them than the proofreader tells as many entries in the dictionary are just SFX. The proofreader is strict and is very likely to trigger when it encounters a term that has many different translations (like a SFX).

I'll give you the files back after I update them with the new machine translation and prevent the proofreader from triggering each time it encounters a SFX.
Interesting so that's what the auto-proofreader does. I'll go on at my pace then. Wont be able to make TOO until late February but I'm glad I could help :)

Reputation score
I spent 2 hours following your instructions. no matter what i do, i can't seem to make the machine translations appear.

RPGmakerTrans 4.5 << Unable to open Application

I have Absolutely no idea on how to use your gaijinlizer Patch ( Alternative )

All i did so far was use the decrypter, copy and paste everything inside the assets folder to overwrite the Data and Graphics Folders along with game.ini.

Only this part is translated while the rest at the bottom isn't

asdfg.png

Still in Japanese.

sdf.png

But the Image instructions still work. I have no idea whats going on.

afsdhgb.png

Sorry bout everything, i tried reading the README text doc from inside the gaijinlizer, but i literally don't have a clue on what the hell to do aside from decrypting the game.rgss itself. Could you make it Dummy Proof or perhaps just PM me the entire working one with everything set & done in place.

OP
Lv1VillagerA

Lv1VillagerA

Lurker
Reputation score
Thanks for the feedback. I can't debug RPG Trans so let's just assume it doesn't work on your computer.

Gaijinizer is a text replacer script so either it replaces or it fails to replace. It looks like it failed to replace the Database (which includes the menu) for some reason.

Edit: I'll patch a fresh copy of the game and see if I get the same issue.
Is it just the pause menu or also the dialogues (like in the intro with with the Lampas fight)?

Edit 2: no dialogue translation... More debugging YAY!

Edit 3:fixed, I'll update for the Christmas version Ho Ho Ho

Last edited:

darkwhite1602

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
waddup, my dudes? the next part is out. looking forward to the machine translation!!

OP
Lv1VillagerA

Lv1VillagerA

Lurker
Reputation score
On it.

A day 1 patch will be kind if tough though. Especially today.

Edit 1: downloading at crappy speed from DLSite
Edit 2: preparing the files for the auto-translator
Edit 3: running auto-translator with default parameters and crappy connection (1-2h maybe) while editing the dictionary (19 SFX, 9 cries, 23 item-related, 145 bracket-related, 8 honorific-related) <-Will do after (really don't have much time today)
Edit 4: checking pictures, scripts, and comments (untested but looks fine)
Edit 5: checking dictionary one last time (179 names in katakana) really don't have time
Edit 6: running auto-translator with new parameters (2nd iteration) (strangely slow but I don't have time for debugging)
Edit 7: making the patches (patch available in < 1 hour)

Last edited:

StainSpear

Reputation score
I'm so glad that i finally bought it, now i can stop begging for links and just enjoy the magic <3

Last edited:
OP
Lv1VillagerA

Lv1VillagerA

Lurker
Reputation score
No it's fine V3 is a RPGM Trans thing and the error is of no importance.

PS: I'm playing it and I'm a bit mad that the first part 4 monster speak like Empuse (broken Japanese => even more broken machine translated japanese)

Aesthetic

Reputation score
No it's fine V3 is a RPGM Trans thing and the error is of no importance.

PS: I'm playing it and I'm a bit mad that the first part 4 monster speak like Empuse (broken Japanese => even more broken machine translated japanese)
I'm surprised my translation's not being used, since I'm playing from the start T_T
But I guess I didn't do much work anyway...

OP
Lv1VillagerA

Lv1VillagerA

Lurker
Reputation score
I just didn't have time to fix the problem with the text size but I will send you a patch with your translation merged with the machine translation.
It was not possible to include them today.

Madflavor

Reputation score
So I patched Part 4 but I'm running into trouble. The first monster you encounter doesn't show up on the battle screen, whereas she did when I played untranslated. So something broke.

Edit: Ok I seem to have gotten it working. I just redid the whole translation process. Weirdly though, sometimes when I hit "Ctrl" to skip dialogue, the game will freeze up. But whatever, I'll be leaving soon to celebrate this thing called Christmas, with these people called family, so I'll be able to finally play later tonight. Thanks for everything Lv1, I'm excited to play Part 4!

Last edited:
OP
Lv1VillagerA

Lv1VillagerA

Lurker
Reputation score
Weirdly though, sometimes when I hit "Ctrl" to skip dialogue, the game will freeze up.
Yes, there's an issue with a script I added. This should fix the issue until I figure out what's the problem.
(only works for the RPGMT patch, not the Gaijinizer patch)

Edit: figured it out, will update this WE

Attachments

Last edited: