What's new

OP
Lv1VillagerA

Lv1VillagerA

Lurker
Reputation score

I know this needs more explanations but click first, ask later.

afrg

Lurker
Reputation score
That's basically what I had in mind. To show it off a bit more, I translated a couple of lines and made a pull request. It's quite simple: I (or anyone else) change stuff, read it over, and then make one of these. If there are any conflicts, github will tell us, and we can fix it. If not, you can click a button and the translations will be merged into your 'master' version.

(Somehow, the commit I made got credited to some 'onyx1234'. I have no idea how that happened.)

OP
Lv1VillagerA

Lv1VillagerA

Lurker
Reputation score
I'm looking at SHRIFT part 4 scripts and debugging what I can.

Does anyone know how to fix this?
Could not parse the following script translation: "【#GAG ただの傍観者】"->"【
-> Will be fixed next patch

theres a bug with the translation already mentioned in the main shrift thread, it is the "reset salamander" doesnt work if you use the trans maybe its related to that item.
-> still trying to fix it Will be fixed next patch

I still didn't play part 4 so if there are other bugs I should be aware of please tell me.
Also tell me if you found any untranslated text.

Last edited:
OP
Lv1VillagerA

Lv1VillagerA

Lurker
Reputation score
Does it make sense that I have more fun coding (and sometimes translating)?
Also I'm a bit busy these days --'

Lazzarus

Lurker
Reputation score
@Lv1VillagerA

Error from RPGMakerTransv4.5:
Finished Unpacking - Deleting original archive

Could not parse the following script translation: "[SYSTEM]\n修復を開始します。

\n修復が完了次第、再起動します。"->"[SYSTEM] \nStartrepair.

After starting the game there is an erroror:

Attachments

OP
Lv1VillagerA

Lv1VillagerA

Lurker
Reputation score
Could j
Could not parse the following script translation: "[SYSTEM]\n修復を開始します。

\n修復が完了次第、再起動します。"->"[SYSTEM] \nStartrepair.
I know but that's not an issue.

After starting the game there is an error:
Looking for a fix. Didn't happen to me.

Edit: I think I found the problem. I'll test it and make a new patch.
I can make a quick fix if you send me the Script file from the data folder.

Edit 2: Never mind, I'll update in a few minutes

Edit 3: fixed.

Last edited:

Alinn

Reputation score
I was having the same problem Lazzarus had, and now I'm getting this error after the fixed patch.

error1.png

OP
Lv1VillagerA

Lv1VillagerA

Lurker
Reputation score
FUUUUUUUUUU

Edit:
Script テキスト出力 line 8 should be:
《Text》========================================== and not "Text"========================================== like in your error message box.
Are you sure you're using patch 2019/01/06?

Anyway this is what I have in Data/Scripts.rvdata2, you should have the same if you used the latest patch.

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
Lv1VillagerA

Lv1VillagerA

Lurker
Reputation score
Send me your Data/Scripts.rvdata2 and replace yours this mine (see previous post).

Alinn

Reputation score
I just replaced the game with your rvdata2 and now it's working, thanks
I'll tell you if something wrong happen again

OP
Lv1VillagerA

Lv1VillagerA

Lurker
Reputation score
I would rather like you tell me how this file wasn't replaced in the first place.
Does your title screen say "English Patch 2019/01/06 100% [Game version 4.06]" ?

Last edited:

Alinn

Reputation score
After I used your rvdata its showing the "English Patch 2019/01/06" on the top lef of the screen.
before i couldn't get the game to start so i got nothing.
i just downloaded the fixed patch and patched the game with the RPGmaker trans 4.5
and the only thing that appeared when using the RPGmaker trans was the
"[SYSTEM]\n修復を開始します。
\n修復が完了次第、再起動します。"->"[SYSTEM] \nStartrepair."
and then the game finished patching some moments later.

OP
Lv1VillagerA

Lv1VillagerA

Lurker
Reputation score
Thanks.

If someone else have the same issue, please alert me then manually copy the files in the "SHRIFT_patch/assets" folder and paste them into your game folder (they should replace them).

This appears to be yet another RPGMTrans 4.5 issue so if this happens to many people I might consider looking deeper into it.

Kernog

Reputation score
I got the same issue. I'm using the latest version of the game, released today. I will do what you advise.

Thanks a lot to Conty and afrg for the improvements, and to Lvl1Villager for keeping the translation project alive. I wish I knew some Japanese to help you. I might make a french translation at least, once either the official translation is done, or this one is on its last steps.

Last edited:

Kernog

Reputation score
I actually have a question about the translation, as I am glancing at what needs to be done for a french translation.
Considering that these names are supposedly "not to be changed", but some of the names would look better translated in french (for instance: "Mother Rabbit"-> "Mère Lapin", "Hell's Gate"->"Portes de l'Enfer"), is there any ill effect in making the change, if it is in another language altogether?

OP
Lv1VillagerA

Lv1VillagerA

Lurker
Reputation score
Those are actually guidelines so the auto-translator and the human translators can work together.
I can't think of any name that shouldn't be translated in french.

The translations you gave are fine. Actually, you can choose any name as long as you stick with it and the translation to a french player that never played in any other language.

Kernog

Reputation score
Thanks for your answer.

That Ken dub was a barrel of laugh, although it has a history. The voice actors saw what kind of anime Hokuto no Ken was, and at what time slot the channel wanted to air it (wednesday/saturday mornings), so they demanded and obtained to change their work into a gag dub, in order to soften what the children would watch (which was already heavily censored). Considering the context, which was a barely shônen anime bought by a shrewd TV channel which grabbed anything as long as it was the new anime fad, I feel they were somewhat justified.