What's new

Fataluss

Lurker
Reputation score
Shrift.txt is for cheats.
Enable it by having written in the ini file under the [lvl1_script] section
svu_password=1567
Do I need any external program to run that? Cheats don't seem to work for me whatever I do :/

Zavier

Reputation score
Somebody help me plz, this always happens when i apply the patch and then launch the game.
This is the exact problem I've run into. And I've actually purchased the game. Only for it to refuse to work for me. Nice. Had problems even extracting the damn files, like 5 times.

Bigs post was all the way back on Feb 16. I understand people get busy, but is there really still no response to this problem? No one is gonna be able to play this shit if other people run into the same exact issue. At least say you noticed people posting their problems instead of having them feel like they got ripped off by buying a game that doesn't even work for them at the moment.

Shrifted

Reputation score
I've started working on translating Haru & Liz's dialogue, and hopefully I should have the non-Hell stuff done and committed by the end of the day. Hopefully Lv1 can package that up with the script fix for a new version of the patch.

OP
Lv1VillagerA

Lv1VillagerA

Lurker
Reputation score
I've started working on translating Haru & Liz's dialogue, and hopefully I should have the non-Hell stuff done and committed by the end of the day. Hopefully Lv1 can package that up with the script fix for a new version of the patch.
If you're working on translation I'll hurry things with the new patcher to make a new patch for Shrift.

This is the exact problem I've run into. And I've actually purchased the game. Only for it to refuse to work for me. Nice. Had problems even extracting the damn files, like 5 times.

Bigs post was all the way back on Feb 16. I understand people get busy, but is there really still no response to this problem? No one is gonna be able to play this shit if other people run into the same exact issue. At least say you noticed people posting their problems instead of having them feel like they got ripped off by buying a game that doesn't even work for them at the moment.
In case you didn't notice I spent a lot of time solving problems that sometimes weren't even related to the translation.
Your issues have probably already been addressed. To fix the bug with the latest patch just follow the discussion I had with Raltin.
https://ulmf.org/threads/shrift-machine-translation.11975/page-9#post-1029750
https://ulmf.org/threads/shrift-machine-translation.11975/page-8#post-1027447
If people are still going to complain about it, maybe I should complain about them not even making the effort to read.
Also, I'm not stopping you all to just help each other because I'm not going to be there for you every single time. (end of rant, no hard feelings)

Zavier

Reputation score
If you're working on translation I'll hurry things with the new patcher to make a new patch for Shrift.

In case you didn't notice I spent a lot of time solving problems that sometimes weren't even related to the translation.
Your issues have probably already been addressed. To fix the bug with the latest patch just follow the discussion I had with Raltin.
https://ulmf.org/threads/shrift-machine-translation.11975/page-9#post-1029750
https://ulmf.org/threads/shrift-machine-translation.11975/page-8#post-1027447
If people are still going to complain about it, maybe I should complain about them not even making the effort to read.
Also, I'm not stopping you all to just help each other because I'm not going to be there for you every single time. (end of rant, no hard feelings)
Quite the "If I'm not available, handle it yourselves" attitude there. I don't even use this site 24/7 like most do. Even when I actually bought the game. I just wasn't expecting something that I bought not to work for me. So I didn't know there was a possible fix for my issue. But don't worry, someone else already helped me before you even had to stress yourself about replying. So thanks.

arkanoid23

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Quite the "If I'm not available, handle it yourselves" attitude there. I don't even use this site 24/7 like most do. Even when I actually bought the game. I just wasn't expecting something that I bought not to work for me. So I didn't know there was a possible fix for my issue. But don't worry, someone else already helped me before you even had to stress yourself about replying. So thanks.
To be honest this isn't official Shrift technical support.

OP
Lv1VillagerA

Lv1VillagerA

Lurker
Reputation score
I still have some issues to get the new patcher to work AND to get the old translation to work properly.
I hoped to release it the WE but it's still going to take some time.
The good news is once I'm done, making a patch will be way more easier, thus fan translators will be able to make their own patch, in their own languages, without needing me or anyone else. (and yes, it also fixes the latest patch issue and tons of others that were slowing down patch making).

Last edited:
OP
Lv1VillagerA

Lv1VillagerA

Lurker
Reputation score
Ok @Zavier there really is something wrong with your logic.
This thread is not where you post your complains like you are some kind of dissatisfied customer and I have a duty to make you happy.
Literally anyone else that got past my apparently unclear explanations for the patch fix could have explained it to you with arguably better words, unfortunately no one did and that's the kind of logic problem we're having here.

You can be the nice guy and share with the other users how you solved your problem because it seems my explanation wasn't clear enough for some. If you do so, then maybe someone else won't have to get as angry as you.

I've been really nice already and answered each and every issues and people have been clearly abusing it, now users get to solve their own problems when they are related to the translation and already solved somewhere, or when they are related to the missing files of their pirated version of the game they got from god-knows-where. Like @arkanoid23 put it, even if his comment may have unnecessarily angered everyone again, no more customer service. The honest answer being I can't be bothered with 4.14 patch because I'm working with a new tool and I don't want to create problems for myself by solving an issue and adding another one then having to go back and forth with different files and software because that's what got the patch messed up in the first place--I just want to focus on the new tool, then update SHRIFT translation.

I would like to remind everyone the translation threads are there to help the translation efforts. There are also rules about language and trying not to be a jerk--even when angry/tired/sexually frustrated/translating/programming/buying a game you can't play.
Really, just help each others, you had a problem, you even found a solution, share/remind people of it. First, post about how anyone can solve the patch issue, then let everyone knowledge you as the good guy, and lastly comment about my attitude. You'll even have deserved my thanks--not that you care--but still you would have been the third user to actually post a solution on this thread. Of course feel free to NOT POST a fix, thus proving me your logic really is wrong and leads nowhere. (rant n°2).

Last edited:

arkanoid23

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Don't give a shit. There's no sense of even posting problems here with that logic. To be honest.
And to be honest again. I think it goes like this. Nobody here gets paid to solve your problem. If he solves your problem that is nice. But you can't expect someone to be obliged to fix something for you. Pro tip: With this kind of attitude you will only get more people not helping you out of spite. I know I would. Now how can you view it any other way is beyond me...

Zavier

Reputation score
Official warning: drop this line of conversation now.
And to be honest again. I think it goes like this. Nobody here gets paid to solve your problem. If he solves your problem that is nice. But you can't expect someone to be obliged to fix something for you. Pro tip: With this kind of attitude you will only get more people not helping you out of spite. I know I would. Now how can you view it any other way is beyond me...
So in short, because of my oh so terrible attitude, I'll only make more people not want to help me? Alright. Let me explain why I'm being such a big meanie.

1. Friend suggests this game to me, game catches my interest

2. Same friend shows me site where he found a version of the game, told me to download it.

3. Downloaded it, and I saw it was untranslated, so I found this site after searching a bit.

4. Translated it properly after some time

5. Played the game for a bit, enjoying it. Ran into a few problems with some of the fights, and the herbal tea not working the way it was supposed to. Posted my problems in the other thread, hoping to get some help.

6. After a while, someone wrote my complaints off as bitching. I got pissed off.

7. Came back here a couple of months later after buying the game, only to see that I kept getting an error when starting it up. So I looked around on the other thread trying to look for a solution.

8. I didn't want to read through 50+ pages of 90% banter about the story, characters, or what turned people on, so I decided to post my complaint on this thread instead.

9. I saw that someone else had the same exact problem as me, but their post was like 3-4 weeks before mine. So I kinda thought they had gotten ignored. Which led me to believe that no one was actually willing to help.

10. After some time of making a post in the other thread, someone eventually appeared and helped me. It wasn't too long afterwards that Villager made a reply to my post on here. And with the way he/she/it worded their response, it kinda felt condescending, because it seems like they're the first person that everyone's problems go to. Which is something I wouldn't even know. Before I got the solution for my issue, I didn't even know that there was a fix for it, so I felt kinda helpless.

11. You responded with saying this wasn't the "official Shrift technical support". Although I never said, or ever thought it was. I just wanted some fucking help. Laugh my ass off.

That's it. All I wanted, was some help. Didn't matter from who, I just needed it. It's not like I was demanding a specific person to answer my issues. That's stupid. Which is funny because it's the exact thing Villager was talking about. About us HELPING EACH OTHER. No one was really helping me, so I was a bit peeved. Now you know why I'm such an unlikable jerkass.

OP
Lv1VillagerA

Lv1VillagerA

Lurker
Reputation score
No one cares about your life story.

The solution was in the posts you didn't bother to read before complaining while making no actual effort to find a solution.
The solution was in my reply you didn't bother to read before complaining I was condescending while using swear words yourself.
You got a fix from a friend but you are still complaining no one helped you while you could share the fix and help others like he helped you.
Now you tell me knowing you there was a solution you didn't find--because you were to focused on complaining--makes you complain?

Congrats. You are an irredeemable idiot, a problem for this thread and you yourself.

Now do me a favor @arkanoid23 and completely ignore this guy from now on and remind me to do so too.

Last edited:

Anegorami

Reputation score
Lv1VillagerA, would you kindly provide me a characters' names list (transcriptions), that you're using in your translation - I want to synchronize naming so we both use the same names for same persons.

OP
Lv1VillagerA

Lv1VillagerA

Lurker
Reputation score
You can get everything in the .txt file I use for machine translation and quick proofread.
Here's a more concise list quickly extracted from the text file:

ティタノボアさん Titanoboa-san
マザーラビット Mother Rabbit
アコニートゥム Aconitum
ベルサウンド Bellesound
カラステング Karasu Tengu
クッショくん Cushion-kun
クッション君 Cushion
エンプーサ Empuse
バーゲスト barghest
ルシィさん Lucy
ヘカーテ様 Hecate-sama
アルケニー Archeny
冥府の間 Hell's Gate
サマエル Samael
躯ちゃん Mukuro-chan
レイナ君 Reina-kun
カズヤ Kazuya
鉄処女 Iron Maiden
レイナ Reina
エンプ Empuse
ニーナ Nina
ユウマ Yuuma
んぱす Lampas
結博士 Dr. Kurosawa.
ミオ様 Mio-sama
ヘラ様 Lady Hera
主教様 Lord Bishop
スフィ Sphinx
シルフ sylth
エコー Echo
裕真 Yuuma
冥羅 Meira
リズ Liz
ハル Haru
魔界 Demon Realm
羽織 Haori
百鬼 Hyakki
ミカ Micah
夜深 Midniht
妲己 Daiji
躯 Mukuro
茜 Akane

I'm currently in the process of switching tool from RPGMT to Gaijinizer so could you tell me more about what you are going to do?

Attachments

Anegorami

Reputation score
could you tell me more about what you are going to do?
I'm learning RPG Maker VX Ace by making a story mod for Shrift. For now, I'm reverse-engineering Battle System code to make some adjustments (like replacing "Lust" with "Corruption") without changing anything in the base game (so your translation, DLC, etc. could be used in parallel).

Thank you for the list, one question though:
ティタノボアさん Titanoboa-san
Could it be Titanboa (where "boa" is a "snake", )?

OP
Lv1VillagerA

Lv1VillagerA

Lurker
Reputation score
I can give you a few hints if you want to make the mods work without having to change Scripts.rvdata2 as long as you can put them in .txt or .rb files.
-Overcomplicated method (few changes needed depending on your use):
Ruby:
    if $game_switches[LVL1_SVU.get_switch_off_index] === false
      if not LVL1_SVU.ini_checked? === true
        LVL1_SVU.load_script_settings
      end

@lvl1_svu_path = LVL1_SVU.get_path
      if LVL1_SVU.get_script_access > 1 and File.exist?(@lvl1_svu_path)
        LVL1_SVU.before_txt_script
        eval(File.open(@lvl1_svu_path, "r").read)
        LVL1_SVU.after_txt_script
      else
        if LVL1_SVU.get_script_access > 0
          LVL1_SVU.default_method
        end
      end
    end
-There's also Gaijinizer plugin feature.
-Or you can also stealthily change Game.ini if the player has decrypted the game archive.

ティタノボア is Titanoboa. The dev has indicated each monster in part 3 is a reference to ancient mythology.
It is meant to be a snake type boa, even if I fail to identify which mythical creature/character it is a parody of (not as easy as Sphinx and Echo).
Actually I have already asked the dev for an "official translations" of names but that led to almost nothing as the dev doesn't speak English at all and wouldn't get subtle differences like Titanboa/Titanoboa. I have a feeling this is: but I could be wrong. I'm certain you can ask him more on Twitter or Pixiv.

Pretty much looking forward to your mods.

Last edited:

Anegorami

Reputation score
I can give you a few hints if you want to make the mods work without having to change Scripts.rvdata2 as long as you can put them in .txt or .rb files.
Unfortunately, my mod is already changing pretty much every "rvdata2": new maps (duh!), new items, new enemies, new skills, new common events (most of them were copied from original and adjusted, in order to not break existing functionality and to not change the game rules too much) and new scripts (mostly several new methods). So no easy way here - either force complete rewrite (in which case it would annihilate every other change, like a translation, so no go) or some kind of merge. Will think about it after my chapter 1-1 will be complete.

ティタノボア is Titanoboa. The dev has indicated each monster in part 3 is a reference to ancient mythology.
It is meant to be a snake type boa, even if I fail to identify which mythical creature/character it is a parody of (not as easy as Sphinx and Echo).
Actually I have already asked the dev for an "official translations" of names but that led to almost nothing as the dev doesn't speak English at all and wouldn't get subtle differences like Titanboa/Titanoboa. I have a feeling this is: but I could be wrong. I'm certain you can ask him more on Twitter or Pixiv.
Thank you for clarification.