What's new

OP
Lv1VillagerA

Lv1VillagerA

Lurker
Reputation score
Then buy the game. Your pirated version doesn't have those files.

Kernog

Reputation score
I have not checked this topic in a while, but I just wanted to thank you again for keeping the good work on this translation, considering some of the other members less savory messages. It is really a shame that DLCs aren't available to DLsite buyers (or at least not yet), but that's not something any of us can do anything about.

Time to start a new, clean game :-3

Hatter

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Kids these days
Dude, I just want to thank you and say that you're doing god's work here. Tried your patch, everything works perfect and It was like easiest installation of translation patch ever XD
Time to enjoy some quality monster grills content

OP
Lv1VillagerA

Lv1VillagerA

Lurker
Reputation score
I'm not going to praise you for eventually reading the previous posts.
If your computer language settings is set incorrectly or if the one who shares the game is shares a dysfunctional version, it's your problem.
If you don't read the posts before you complain, you are a problem.
I'm going to advise you not to post on this thread again until you mature a little.

Anegorami

Reputation score
@Lv1VillagerA, I've found some strange bug with your "Faster Skip" script.
If you place some actors and use one "Show Balloon Icon" command without wait and one with wait, then they will be shown simultaneously.
However, once I import your script into the project, all "Show Balloon Icon" commands are shown one by one, completely ignoring "Wait for completion" flag.

Dummy project with such behavior is attached below.
Please fix this, since such unexpected anomaly is breaking several scenes of my mod.

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
Lv1VillagerA

Lv1VillagerA

Lurker
Reputation score
I'll check this out.
I can still make something to disable the mod.

Last edited:

Anegorami

Reputation score
I'll check this out.
I can still make something to disable the mod.
I'm already removing that script from the database during the installation, so don't worry about that.
Once you get that bug fixed I'll cancel the removal.

Shrifted

Reputation score
Started back up on working on the translation stuff I've been working on... I've been using the old patches, so I'll try working with the new Gaijinizer setup you just put up and see if everything works properly with that....

I seriously underestimated how much text Haru & Liz have.... there's a TON of variations on how it can play out...

Currently the dream fight with Haru is done, and a good chunk of the stuff before the alternate extended game over stuff for Haru & Liz (before it prompts you to save). I'll try to finish everything before that point so you'll have a nice big chunk to work with, and do a final proofread so I don't miss an minor typos....

I've forked it off your main project on Github, if anyone cares to take a look it's currently here:

Last edited:
OP
Lv1VillagerA

Lv1VillagerA

Lurker
Reputation score
I'm already removing that script from the database during the installation, so don't worry about that.
Once you get that bug fixed I'll cancel the removal.
Here's the modified script. You can always change the FS_*** constants if you want one feature to be disabled. (In that case it would be FS_FAST_CHAR_ANIMATION)

How it worked before:
-bubbles were skipped
-only wait on completion bubbles were skipped
How it works now:
-no bubble skipped
-bubbles are shortened (both wait on completion and default)

Started back up on working on the translation stuff I've been working on... I've been using the old patches, so I'll try working with the new Gaijinizer setup you just put up and see if everything works properly with that....

I seriously underestimated how much text Haru & Liz have.... there's a TON of variations on how it can play out...

Currently the dream fight with Haru is done, and a good chunk of the stuff before the alternate extended game over stuff for Haru & Liz (before it prompts you to save). I'll try to finish everything before that point so you'll have a nice big chunk to work with, and do a final proofread so I don't miss an minor typos....

I've forked it off your main project on Github, if anyone cares to take a look it's currently here:
Continue on Github I'll transfer your translation on the latest patch/files. Just try not to give up before I send you the proofread version. It would be quite vexing if I'm left with text spilling out of windows--again--and no translator to fix their mess.

Attachments

OP
Lv1VillagerA

Lv1VillagerA

Lurker
Reputation score
I've encountered an error when I try to load a save file. I get a
"SystemStackError occurred. stack level too deep"
and the game crashes. Anyone know what this is about?
Just did some testing and this bug happens when you have two copies of the Simple Variable Updater script in your game.
This shouldn't normally happen so
DO NOT:
-add scripts in the Gaijinizer/Plugins folder (you should always have the same plugins scripts as the latest patch)
-attempt to patch game after replacing the Data folder with Gaijinizer/Game_en/Data. (Or patching a game translated by RPGMakerTrans.)
That should also explain why the fix behaves differently from user to user.

I'm going to add some kind of specific error so this won't happen again or at least the users will know what they messed up to a certain extend.
Deleting the Gaijinizer folder before replacing it with the newest one is always a good idea, so do it as that may fix the bug. Also be sure the Data folder is actually from the vanilla game.

Edit: I'm putting the new script here. It can safely be used to replace Gaijinizer/Plugins/3_Simple Variable Updater_SHRIFT. It's not completely foolproof but it should warn most user if they messed up. Next patch will include the updated script.
I can technically get rid of the message but I can't be sure when someone uses an obsolete version of Simple Variable Updater that doesn't disable itself. Getting rid of it isn't difficult either, just don't mess up.
So yeah, if from the next patch on, you see this, then you might be interested in actually reading this post from the beginning--not just looking at the picture. (don't mind it if you're one of those that read the posts)

Attachments

Last edited:

Shrifted

Reputation score
Hi Lv1Villager, just giving you a heads up that your Readme might be a tad out of date with the new Gaijinizer patches. I though I was having an anuerysm when I looked at the README and saw this:
>Skip to 'Run RPGMakerTrans.exe' if you've already deleted the Game RGSS Encrypted Archive and want to apply a new patch
...without RPGMakerTrans itself being mentioned in the doc at all! (Of course, RPGMakerTrans is completely unneeded...)

Might want to include a line before ">Run Game.exe a window called Gaijinizer will appear." saying to copy paste all the gaijinizer files into the game folders before you run Game.exe. The main Gaijinizer thread's OP is fairly clear about that, but it isn't really mentioned in the provided readme. You could probably update the OP with that too so other poor souls don't get confused...

Bean Man

Lurker
Reputation score
Just did some testing and this bug happens when you have two copies of the Simple Variable Updater script in your game.
This shouldn't normally happen so
DO NOT:
-add scripts in the Gaijinizer/Plugins folder (you should always have the same plugins scripts as the latest patch)
-attempt to patch game after replacing the Data folder with Gaijinizer/Game_en/Data. (Or patching a game translated by RPGMakerTrans.)
That should also explain why the fix behaves differently from user to user.

I'm going to add some kind of specific error so this won't happen again or at least the users will know what they messed up to a certain extend.
Deleting the Gaijinizer folder before replacing it with the newest one is always a good idea, so do it as that may fix the bug. Also be sure the Data folder is actually from the vanilla game.

Edit: I'm putting the new script here. It can safely be used to replace Gaijinizer/Plugins/3_Simple Variable Updater_SHRIFT. It's not completely foolproof but it should warn most user if they messed up. Next patch will include the updated script.
I can technically get rid of the message but I can't be sure when someone uses an obsolete version of Simple Variable Updater that doesn't disable itself. Getting rid of it isn't difficult either, just don't mess up.
View attachment 20809
So yeah, if from the next patch on, you see this, then you might be interested in actually reading this post from the beginning--not just looking at the picture. (don't mind it if you're one of those that read the posts)
I did have duplicates of that script. While simply deleting the extra one I didn't need didn't work, I started over with a fresh base game and made sure I patched it correctly this time and everything seems to be working fine. Thanks for your help.

OP
Lv1VillagerA

Lv1VillagerA

Lurker
Reputation score
@Shrifted I don't see your files on Github. Do you mind posting them here?
As long as you tell me how you commented them ( #Shrifted I suppose) I'll be able to work with them.
I intend to at least send you back the updated translation and auto-profread, then you'll decide if you want to be added in the translation.

Madflavor

Reputation score
So I'm attempted to translate the game, and the farthest I've gotten is the step that says:

">Delete or Rename (ex:Game_copy.rgss3a) the Game RGSS Encrypted Archive you selected previously"

After that, I run the game, but that Gaijinizer window never pops up when I do.

Edit: Could it be because I'm applying Patch 4.18 to version 4.17 of the game?

Last edited:
OP
Lv1VillagerA

Lv1VillagerA

Lurker
Reputation score
Edit: Could it be because I'm applying Patch 4.18 to version 4.17 of the game?
No

">Delete or Rename (ex:Game_copy.rgss3a) the Game RGSS Encrypted Archive you selected previously"
Check again that you renamed or deleted Game.rgss3a

If it's not working then:
Delete the old Gaijinizer folder, paste the patch files again and retry.

If you really need to check your files here's what you should have if you want to bring the Gaijinizer window.
In Game.ini:
[Game]
RTP=RPGVXAce
Library=System\RGSS301.dll
Scripts=Gaijinizer\Scripts\Scripts.rvdata2
Title=Gaijinizer

In Gaijinizer/Gaijinizer.ini:
[patchmaker]
language=en
patch_format=default
on_start=show_ui

The Gaijinizer window no longer pops after your game is patched or if you carelessly changed the .ini files.

Shrifted

Reputation score
@Shrifted I don't see your files on Github. Do you mind posting them here?
As long as you tell me how you commented them ( #Shrifted I suppose) I'll be able to work with them.
I intend to at least send you back the updated translation and auto-profread, then you'll decide if you want to be added in the translation.
Lv1Villager, I'm translating under a different name, Triketos. To be honest, this account is kind of only to comment here and talk on the Shrift threads, lol.

The link again is:

All the changes I've all been attributed to that name (#Triketos). I've taken a look at how the Gaijinizer patch works, and it looks like it'd be easier if I just finished up what I've done so far and tie it up, wait for you to implement the translations I've got, then update the Github to use the Gaijinizer format. Considering the project structure so far, it'd be probably best for us to make a folder called Gaijinizer Patch alongside the RPGM Trans one, then deprecate the old one. I think I only need one more set of work to finish and polish the translations I've done, and I've been very specifically patching with my translations and playing through on a custom patched version to test so there shouldn't be that many cases of overflow text or the like for you to deal with.

Once I've made my final commit and I'm ready, I'll create a pull request, you can double check what I've got, then we can merge it with master. I'm hoping I'll get the time to work in these next few days, I've managed to get a lot done lately.

Last edited:

Madflavor

Reputation score
No

Check again that you renamed or deleted Game.rgss3a

If it's not working then:
Delete the old Gaijinizer folder, paste the patch files again and retry.

If you really need to check your files here's what you should have if you want to bring the Gaijinizer window.
In Game.ini:
[Game]
RTP=RPGVXAce
Library=System\RGSS301.dll
Scripts=Gaijinizer\Scripts\Scripts.rvdata2
Title=Gaijinizer

In Gaijinizer/Gaijinizer.ini:
[patchmaker]
language=en
patch_format=default
on_start=show_ui

The Gaijinizer window no longer pops after your game is patched or if you carelessly changed the .ini files.

Ok I figured out what I did wrong. I had to cut and paste the Gaijinizer Folder, the Game and Game_ files into my Shrift folder, BEFORE I followed the steps in the Read Me file on how to patch. Since this step was absent from the instructions, it took me a bit to figure out. Perhaps it was obvious, which is why you felt it unnecessary to put in the instructions, but for someone like me, I tend to follow instructions beat by beat, so if someone leaves an important step like that out, I'm not gonna do it until some trial and error leads me to figure it out. I'm not the most experienced guy when it comes to patching and modding games, so this kinda of stuff is lost on me.

That said, thanks for the hard work you do man. I'm not getting after you or anything, but I think maybe it might be worth including that step in the instructions. Just my two cents.